talk about depresson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk about depresson

hey recently I have been a little bit depressed I never ever thought id be the one that would be dealing with it. I would say I have self diagnosed depression. Im usually have a pretty good head on my shoulders but sometimes its hard to talk yourself out of a little slump when your feeling down and out from either work, car, life problems, etc. I find the best thing to do for me is simply talk about it, but for many it can be much harder and aggravating. It was always hard for me to be completely open and say whats on my mind...I guess my grandfather was brought up with the mentality that men cant show their feelings.but meeting the right person changed that for me and now its easier to talk. cause holding stuff in would bother me. However, I want to know what you guys do if you feel depressed...and just talk about it.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

It's good to talk about it, and if you can't talk, like me, then at least write about it, write in a journal for example.

Exercise is good for it.

Depression is sometimes referred to as the result of a wandering mind, so I like to practice yoga and meditation to clear my mind. If I can stop the endless chains of personal second guessing and self-doubt then I can control the depression.

Sometimes alcohol helps, but it just drowns it out. It's dulling the symptoms, not treating the problem. It also helps to stay busy, a rolling stone gathers no moss.

Just remember, living isn't that hard, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I guarantee everyone shares your problems, you're doing as well as everyone else, it's just dwelling on our problems that makes us depressed.

I consider myself as self-diagnosed depressed, I believe I've had it about 2 years. It used to be much worse though, in the middle of that time. I've had to develop ways to deal with it. I can't afford go to the hospital, so I've done what I can to treat it more naturally.

I also like reading the Tao Te Ching, I find it relaxing

Once It's full of jade and gold
    your house will never be safe.
    Proud of wealth and renown
    you bring on your own ruin.

Just do what you do, and then leave:
    such is the way.
    Thirty spokes gathered at each hub:
    absence makes the cart work.
    A storage jar fashioned out of clay:
    absense makes the jar work.
    Doors and windows cut in a house:
    absence makes the house work.

Presence gives things their value,
    but absence makes them work.
    If you give up learning, troubles end.
    If we can't stop fearing
    those things people fear,
    it's pure confusion, never-ending confusion.
    It says depression is losing the way, way is found through mindlessness

Stetch onto tiptoes
    and you never stand firm.
    Hurry long strides
    and you never travel far.

Keep up self-reflection
    and you'll never be enlightened.
    Keep up self-definition
    and you'll never be apparent.
    Keep up self-promotion
    and you'll never be proverbial.
    Keep up self-esteem
    and you'll never be perennial.

Travelers of the way call such striving
    too much food and useless baggage.
    Things may not all despise such striving,
    but a master of the way stays clear of it.
    The way isn't persued, it only appears in fleeing
    "In yielding is completion"
    In comfortable reflection we consider the abstract. Abstract is the intended straying of the mind.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Excercise or sports always helped me out alot when i'm down. Also talking to the right person, not just any old friend sometimes will help me out. And has Accordaffair said above dwelling on your problem makes it worst(believe me, i'm a testament to that).
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Play paintball.

Comment

Hey starch, lets have a Toronto meet @ my restaurant. I promise we can get at least 6 ppl to show up.

oh...u know what helps depression...laughing...just for the f'ing hell of it.

displace depression with laughter
          DEVOTE

Comment

i think about all the good things i have...and then smoke.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lately smoking makes my head weird...its like i cant fully relax or soemthing. I meet would be good I feel so out of the accord community...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I've gone through a couple bouts of depression myself. Good music, talking to good friends, and just forcing myself to get up and DO something helps. Usually, no matter how bad you feel, if you can accomplish something it'll make you feel better. Clean your house, clean your car, write a song, write a poem, draw something. Do something that you can be proud of, something that you KNOW you can complete without losing focus... When you're done, you'll feel better. It won't fix everything, but I noticed that mood is all about momentum. Push it in the right direction and keep it going, and things will be better. Assuming you don't have a condition that needs medication (depression is SERIOUSLY overmedicated in today's society, at least American society)

Comment

also, try and notice negitive thoughts. people aren't born thinking negitive thoughts, it's a learned trait. both negitive and positive thoughts greatly affect your mental health. if you carried a notebook around one day and wrote down every negitive thought you had, you'd be surprised at the number per day. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

video games, working on the car or exercising. Exercising does wonders. Just simply running and listening to music
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I was diagnosed with depression myself but I refused to take medication. I felt that I can overcome depression by sheer willpower and positive thinking and its worked so far. Whenever I get bummed, I try to think about what is really causing me to be upset. If its a valid problem, i then focus on a solution to fix it. If I can't find a valid reason why, i'll talk to my girlfriend or my sister and just vent to clear the air out.

I've always tried to remember to be thankful for everything I have and that i've accomplished over my life, because i've seen too many times that tomorrow isn't promised. That actually helped keep my spirits high because I look at real suffering going on overseas in those 3rd world countries, and I think "man, you never know how big your problems really are until you see someone else's." Its like because i was born in the United States, i already have a step ahead of alot of other people.

just my .02
                      "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                      Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                      20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                      BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

yeah talk to as many people as you can about being depressed it definitely helps... i was the same way when i broke with my X .. the more open ears the better

Comment

Working...
                        X