who else thinks this is obnoxious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
    theres very few that last. I still listen to Warren G. but ill never heard of any of those artists but Onyx. Time to go lookin for new music.

EDIT: I like Paperboy - Ditty Deev

Man... Pharcyde and Digable Planets are kickass... I think DP is still going, or at was a little while ago (or maybe someone from the group? I dunno... I heard something about them recently) They were always a little different from the mainstream. Way too jazzy for the taste of most.

And honestly, I don't even know who Sean Kingston is. I just see a guy that has more money than he probably deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      i dont like any of these new rappers coing out. that stupid idiot always talking about "back then they didnt want me now im hot they all on me." OMG i hated that guy. *sigh* if only i can punch him in the face to get rid of this hate i have for him...

as for these rap artist showing up and then dropping off the planet is because they made their cool million and disappeared. but none of them were good. oh God none of them were good. and this lil wayne bastard. WTF? he's as ugly as an Angler fish but he got money so he gets all the girls. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
      dude lil wayne seriously pisses me off. he doesnt rap or sing.. he freakin mumbles and call himself "the best rapper alive" WTF? hes no where near even ludacris. there is no message in the guys songs.. but i guess theres alot more idiots in this world than we think

Comment

after hearing that song beautiful girl, it burned a note on my brain telling me i will hate sean kingston and any of his songs for the rest of his career.

ruined the great late song "stand by me"

i cant stand kanye west either. his voice is like hes complaining about something or he's tired when he raps. totally annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Man... Pharcyde and Digable Planets are kickass... I think DP is still going, or at was a little while ago (or maybe someone from the group? I dunno... I heard something about them recently) They were always a little different from the mainstream. Way too jazzy for the taste of most.

And honestly, I don't even know who Sean Kingston is. I just see a guy that has more money than he probably deserves.
          Haha.. Pharcyde was great back in high school.

My girlfriend has gotten me into SpearHead, Blackalicious, The Coup. Not really into rap, but it's pretty intelligent stuff, when you listen to what they're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
            Haha.. Pharcyde was great back in high school.

My girlfriend has gotten me into SpearHead, Blackalicious, The Coup. Not really into rap, but it's pretty intelligent stuff, when you listen to what they're saying.
            Holy crap... SpearHead! That's a name I haven't heard in maybe 14 years! My friend was a fan. I never really was. He was always into the political stuff, so the more intelligent political rap was his thing (he was mainly a hardcore kid, though)

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
              dude lil wayne seriously pisses me off. he doesnt rap or sing.. he freakin mumbles and call himself "the best rapper alive" WTF? hes no where near even ludacris. there is no message in the guys songs.. but i guess theres alot more idiots in this world than we think
              look up madvillian and cool calm pete.best rappers today imo.

madvillian-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V0mPD6FhXQ

cool calm pete-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmfFV...eature=related

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

if i was in their shoes i would just buy a nice watch ( yellow diamond),something not too expensive, buy a small house, ok car,and the rest in the bank then wait till everybody forgets about me.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyflip View Post
                  if i was in their shoes i would just buy a nice watch ( yellow diamond),something not too expensive, buy a small house, ok car,and the rest in the bank then wait till everybody forgets about me.
                  Yeah, that's the way to do it. Spend a little on something extravagant, because you need to enjoy yourself a little bit. Spend the rest wisely so you can live comfortably, and save the rest to live off of when the flow dries up. When you're making your money based on fame, athletic ability, or anything involving a current trend, it's going to be fleeting. So many rappers, athletes, etc... act like they're going to be making millions every year for the rest of their lives.

I'm sorry... Sean Kingston is no Jay Z. He's no Sean Combs. He's no Dr Dre. Until he uses his current "skill" (in quotes because his talent doesn't come close to two of the three...) to create an empire, he's going to fade and be forgotten. People don't remember Jay z, Puffy, or Dre for their music anymore as much as they do their business skill. They're producers. They're business owners. They're hustlers.

And damn... I just googled Sean Kingston... or rather, Kisean Anderson... at least he spent a good portion of his life in Jamaica, to be using that stage name. Dude's 10 years younger than me. That offends me.

Comment

Rap has gotten kinda medicore within the last couple years..more or less it's become more of a pop industry.

Anyone who can throw a rhyme here and there is given balla status.

What happened to groups like ATCQ or even Geto Boys.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Rap is a fairly new genre. It's finally reached pop status. In the 90s, rappers were rappers... it was "popular music", but it wasn't quite on the level of "pop" yet, if that makes sense.

Punk did the same thing, only about 10 years earlier. The Misfits, Black Flag, The Sex Pistols... They were the early bands. Nobody then probably ever thought punk would be "pop"... but then you look at the bands today, and half of the stuff you hear on the radio are bands calling themselves "punk".

With rap, nobody that listened to the Sugar Hill Gang, NWA, and Public Enemy would've suspected that the style of music would be on "pop" radio stations, and that news about bubblegum pop stars would be reported in the same breath as a popular rapper.

The real rap/hip-hop is underground... out of the spotlight. Just like the real punk, metal, reggae, country, jazz, etc... If you're a die-hard fan of any certain style, the weaksauce stuff you hear on the radio won't satisfy you for long.

It's funny... being in the punk scene, I see so many bands out there now that fit in with a popupar sub-genre... bands that NOBODY knows, but I see as "sell out" bands because they changed their sound to fit something that's raging in the scene at the moment. (Unwritten Law... they were a great straight punk band... then they went emo. Now they're going for a more powerful darker sound, like Alkaline Trio...)

Comment

yes hes some wat jamaican but i didnt like him from the start.i appreciate him repin J.A. and all the but yute yuh gotta be humble.. you dont see sean paul pullin this shit or beenie man. c'monn now he just made it seem like he got sum illegal shit goin on
                        He's also got that fake Jam accents. Nothing pisses me off more than a fake accent. this is what really burned me up though, insignificant yes but too me it's the biggest thing in the world.

the song "Me love"

".... July will make it *three*"

It's not july will make it three... It's July will make it tree!!!

=p

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                          He's also got that fake Jam accents. Nothing pisses me off more than a fake accent. this is what really burned me up though, insignificant yes but too me it's the biggest thing in the world.

the song "Me love"

".... July will make it *three*"

It's not july will make it three... It's July will make it tree!!!

=p
                          he has no idea how to keep it authentic. he needs to take notes from ppl like shaggy, sean paul, beenie man and even Bounty Killer(i know white girls who still like his part in the No Doubt song- Hey Baby) and they have no clue wat hes sayin. its all about originality man.

i was even more pissed when he did that song Take You There. this line made me hate his music forever.... "we can go to the slums where killer can hang". WTF dude i dont need you tellin girls about the slums we have back home. DAMNIT

Comment

he has no idea how to keep it authentic. he needs to take notes from ppl like shaggy, sean paul, beenie man and even Bounty Killer(i know white girls who still like his part in the No Doubt song- Hey Baby) and they have no clue wat hes sayin. its all about originality man.

i was even more pissed when he did that song Take You There. this line made me hate his music forever.... "we can go to the slums where killer can hang". WTF dude i dont need you tellin girls about the slums we have back home. DAMNIT
                            You guys are saying the same shit ive been tellin peeps since he came out....I dont like his fake punk ass and never will. I hate posers! That take you there song is straight bs because he cant even take himself to Jamaica without bodyguards and a huge entourage.
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

maybe he was talkin about the Bahamas

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                                Yeah, that's the way to do it. Spend a little on something extravagant, because you need to enjoy yourself a little bit. Spend the rest wisely so you can live comfortably, and save the rest to live off of when the flow dries up. When you're making your money based on fame, athletic ability, or anything involving a current trend, it's going to be fleeting. So many rappers, athletes, etc... act like they're going to be making millions every year for the rest of their lives.

I'm sorry... Sean Kingston is no Jay Z. He's no Sean Combs. He's no Dr Dre. Until he uses his current "skill" (in quotes because his talent doesn't come close to two of the three...) to create an empire, he's going to fade and be forgotten. People don't remember Jay z, Puffy, or Dre for their music anymore as much as they do their business skill. They're producers. They're business owners. They're hustlers.

And damn... I just googled Sean Kingston... or rather, Kisean Anderson... at least he spent a good portion of his life in Jamaica, to be using that stage name. Dude's 10 years younger than me. That offends me.

to steal a line from the British glam metal band Wrathchild their song "Stakk Attak"

"We make our livin' fast, 'cause we know it ain't gonna last "
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X