X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make your seatbelt like a racing harness

i found this ad reading Super Street.

http://www.cg-lock.com/

i want to try it out since our crappy stock seats have no lateral support whatsoever. and i have a coupe too (fyi: coupes have a bit more lateral support compared to the sedans, but still crappy nonetheless). i always wanted a way to do this and now they make something! no more bracing with my left foot on the dead pedal as i corner hard.

someone order it and try it out! haha!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

i've got the automatic seatbelts.. I think it's kinda convienient, but most people hate them.. I dont think this would work for me, but it seems to do the same thing as if you pulled out your seatbelt really far till it started to click, so it dosnt let you go any further, and then strap in.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

automatic seatbelts rule!
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        automatic seatbelts rule!
        glad someone else likes 'em, i think they're the shit... they save me $10 a month on insurance too!
        --JDM F22A--

Comment

they do?
          I <3 G60.

Comment

yupp!!

It's state farm insurance. I'm still on my family's plan, we've got our home owners insurance and everything like that.

when we get the bill, if i look at the discounts section, there's an automatic seatbelt discount for $10.. since my car is the only one with them, i save $10.. yay for auto seatbelts !!
            --JDM F22A--

Comment

that wouldnt help my rate of insurance though (4k a yr) once i hit 18 in november hopefully, the price drops.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

If you wanna try out what it feels like driving like that if you have manual seatbelts... (autox'ers usually do this). Just pull the seatbelt all the way out, till it clicks, and just pull it tight. It wont untighten until you take off the seatbelt. It'll hold you in plenty well.

Comment

seat belts are annoying sometimes.

Comment

auto seatbelts are the shit.. they never seem to get in my way, plus it gets me used to hacing the seatbelt on all the time. whenever i'm in someone elses car, i automatically get my seatbelt on. kind of a ghetto habit, but hey its safe

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

I just saw that thing yesterday! "This is not a safety device"... Looks like a crap gimmick to me. It allows you to tighten your seatbelt around your waist and lock it in place there... I think it's a bad idea in the event of a crash, since the only thing putting tension on the upper part of the belt would be forward movement of your upper body. With the belt as it normally is, you would be applying pressure both forward and upward (on the lap belt) causing it to lock and stop your whole body from moving. This thing will keep you planted in the seat, but your upper body will whip forward till it locks... Back damage anyone?

Comment

You only have the upper part of the belt pulling though, rather than the upper and the lower. That wouldn't be a factor? I dunno. To me it seems like you'd be going forward only, rather than slightly up and forward. More of a whipping motion that a full-body throw. Someone try it!

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                          If you wanna try out what it feels like driving like that if you have manual seatbelts... (autox'ers usually do this). Just pull the seatbelt all the way out, till it clicks, and just pull it tight. It wont untighten until you take off the seatbelt. It'll hold you in plenty well.
                          ah i've got to try this. thanks for the tip! to counter what deevergote stated, if i had the cg-lock, i would place it in between the belt feeder and the b-pillar loop. that way, by stopping the belt feed, the belt can still provide the 3-point restraint rather than just the suggested lap belt. also it remains the same length and can be made tight as wished. hope that makes sense .
                          Last edited by timmy0tool; 10-02-2004, 08:22 PM.
                          1cor10:31
                          - 92 LX coupe
                          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

That does make sense... And it's probably better than putting it where they suggest! If the belt is already tight on the shoulders and waist, then you should be ok... Maybe a little uncomfortable, but ok

Comment

Working...
                            X