91 Integra Issue. Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Integra Issue. Help!!!

My sisters integra just stopped running in the middle of her parking. It still has power and when she turns the key the starter turns but does not turn over. It has gas in it so now Im trying to figure out could it be a fuse, distributor etc. What could possibly be the problem?
    My CB For Sale

dude i dont understand when you say the middle of her parking or the starter turns but doesnt turn over

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
      dude i dont understand when you say the middle of her parking or the starter turns but doesnt turn over
      She was driving into a parking spot then all of a sudden the car shut off. she put it in park and tried to start it but it wouldnt turn over. When you turn the key the starter turns but there is no sign of the car turning over. she has power (all the dash lights come on) and gas. Idk what it could be problem.
      My CB For Sale

Comment

Mileage?
        RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
          Mileage?
          like 170k or so...Timing has been changed
          My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24 View Post
            like 170k or so...Timing has been changed
            Sounds like the timing belt. I had the same issue a few yrs back. But you say it was done.
            RETIRED...

Comment

Sounds like the timing belt. I had the same issue a few yrs back. But you say it was done.
              was your timing belt broke or was just worn?
              My CB For Sale

Comment

was your timing belt broke or was just worn?
                Like shredded wheat cereal...
                RETIRED...

Comment

Like shredded wheat cereal...
                  wow...well she stays 30 min from me so ill take the valve cover off and take a look at it. i hope thats not it. pm me your number so i can call you when i get there to give you the problems i see.

she also has an alarm system so i hope that the kill switch hasnt malfunctioned and is allowing the starter to turn but not fire.
                  My CB For Sale

Comment

wow...well she stays 30 min from me so ill take the valve cover off and take a look at it. i hope thats not it. pm me your number so i can call you when i get there to give you the problems i see.

she also has an alarm system so i hope that the kill switch hasnt malfunctioned and is allowing the starter to turn but not fire.

Oh, a kill switch is there?
                    RETIRED...

Comment

when u turn the key to the ON position listen for the gas pump running

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                        when u turn the key to the ON position listen for the gas pump running
                        okay. you pm your number too lol. I gotta fix this asap.

Oh, a kill switch is there?
                        yeah her car alarm has a built in kill switch, so does mine.
                        My CB For Sale

Comment

Im pissed!!! I bought a new distributor and a new battery. I have spark, the fuel pump is delivering fuel, the timing belt is new, fuses are good, new plugs the whole works. WTF is going on with the car?!!!! The car will crank but will not turn over to run....
                          My CB For Sale

Comment

Im pissed!!! I bought a new distributor and a new battery. I have spark, the fuel pump is delivering fuel, the timing belt is new, fuses are good, new plugs the whole works. WTF is going on with the car?!!!! The car will crank but will not turn over to run....
                            kill switch

same thing happend with my friends DA
                            check in the door panels for any type of grounding (open wires touching metal)
                            then make sure the main fuse for the alarm is good

the door button was un-wrapped and it touched the door panel and jumped to ground and blew the fuse

Comment

thank god im dont get crap like this. hope you get it sorted out

Comment

Working...
                              X