Anyone ever run out of Gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever run out of Gas?

I was wondering how people have ran out of gas and how many miles do we have left when the gas light comes on?

Gas light comes on when there's 2 gallons left.

I have yet to run out tho I have come close

Comment

I have never run out yet *knocks on wood*
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

So im assuming we got about 30 miles left when the light comes on? I hate my gas light the shit likes to come on then go off then come back on.

Comment

I was in the drive thru at Long John Silvers the first (and only) time I ran out. Had to push it UPHILL to get it out of there
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

I ran out of gas on my way to Miami when I was going to BustedLX's house. I was in Alligator Alley, which doesn't have a gas station for 40 something miles, and I didn't know that. My gas light came right when I saw the last exit sign for gas, but I figured I'd make it to the next one.. stalled out with about 2 miles to go until the next exit.
            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

2 gallon reserve? thats damn big...
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah, i'm always on E... lol.

the reason the fuel light will not remain on at first, but kinda blink in and out, is because the level of fuel is still borderline in the tank - and depending on how the car is sitting on the road... it might be tricked into thinking it's still full. but when you're about empty for good, it knows it and the light will stay on. i've come close to running out of gas, but never have.

sometimes i would take a gamble though, and drive at 90 mph on the highway with the fuel light on - knowing that at that speed it wouldn't take long for me to dry up. it's easy to lose track of how much fuel you still have left when that comes on, especially if you have the vtec system (gas guzzler). that's when you should know how to drive 'economically', which i never do... because it's just not any fun!

Comment

Owner's manual says the light comes on with 1.3 gallons left on a 90ex. I don't believe that, though, because I've driven over 70 miles on the light before sputtering into a gas station.
                  -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                    Owner's manual says the light comes on with 1.3 gallons left on a 90ex. I don't believe that, though, because I've driven over 70 miles on the light before sputtering into a gas station.
                    Dayum! that alot of miles with the light on, everytime that light comes on i get paranoid cuz running out of gas would be embarissing lol.

Comment

I tried to get my shit to run out, to no avail

i just couldnt drive around with my gas that low, where exactly is everyones needles when there light comes on?

Comment

i can never trust my fuel gauge.... on flat land... it reads near E, but when i got fill up... it's always 11 gallons although the tank can hold 17... i would go until the light comes on... but i'm afraid that there's junk in the tank..

but all this fuel talk reminds me of that episode of seinfeld where kramer test drives that saab and goes all the way until the engine cuts out

Comment

Running your tank low is bad for the fuel pump, it will suck in junk and shorten its life.

Comment

i never knew my gas light came on until about a week ago. i was pulling into the gas station to get gas, and i noticed it was on. i always seem to read below E, so i figured my gas light didnt work.

Comment

I've also heard running out of gas is bad for your cat. converter.

I run out once... I was just driving to the gas station. Luckily it was downhill from where I finally stopped. Weird how the engine stalls and when you pump the gas pedal and start again it revs high and runs for a few seconds before stalling again. Don't try it.

In my old 4th gen the fuel light wasn't working - it never came on. So I refilled early every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X