I bought a panasonic Toughbook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a panasonic Toughbook!

Ive been needing a laptop for school and tuning my cars. After seeing the panasonic toughbook on the show Jericho (agent hawkins version was EMP proof!)

best thing about this toughbook is that it has a touchscreen, perfect for the car!

after reading numerous reviews, i decided to get it. The toughbook is the strongest and most durable notebook on the market. and most police/fbi/ government officials use it

heres the CL ad
    Toughbook CF-29 Exceeds Military Specs = Touchscreen 1.2GHz Pentium M Equal to a 2.2GHz P4 1GB DVD-CDRW Multidrive 120GB Hard Drive Upgraded A/B/G Internal WiFi card. Water proof backlit ruberized keyboard. Windows Xp Professional with COA & Office Professional 2003 with COA and reinstall disks. Best offer over $600.00
    I ended up getting it for 525 $!!!

definately a good deal, If you guys need a laptop thats strong that you can throw aroudn in your backpack, this is it.

so many featuers its unbelievable, you can install a dvd rw drive while the computer is on

heres a pic

]

Have fun with the touchscreen while you're driving.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

You can be F&F now.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
        You can be F&F now.
        yes that would be the point
        ]

Comment

that's pretty cool man although i don't really like how shiney that is... i'd have to custom paint it like my Dreamcast back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
            yes that would be the point
            Are you the same turbo dave who built the 2jz tacoma?

Comment

Wow, that's pretty sweet. What is the battery life like on that?
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Actually, I was just looking at laptops on Craigslist and saw a "Toughbook".
                But, I had never heard of them.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/ele/823766549.html
                Last edited by JoshM; 09-09-2008, 05:28 PM. Reason: Added link

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Why do I expect this to break on you soon?
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx(sig) View Post
                    Stickies are useful
                    Originally posted by THE RULES (The MAJOR sticky)
                    1) RESPECT. Respect each other. That broad statement covers a whole lot... and it is the single most important rule there is. No direct attacks (flaming) on a person, their car, or what they say. If you have a problem with someone, speak to a moderator and we will remove that problem if we see fit. Any attacks or disrespectful acts will result in YOU being removed.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                      I respect those that deserve it. Im not gonna get into this here. Ill let the past speak for itself.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Cool man. Those things are great. Cable guy had one when he came over. Dropped it on the concrete floor, picked it up and went back to typing like nothing happened. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                          I respect those that deserve it. Im not gonna get into this here. Ill let the past speak for itself.
                          The past has spoken. Nobody else needs to speak for it.

Dave, that thing is kickass. I was looking at those (not as in "I'm gonna buy one!" but more like "I wish I could buy one!") when I was shopping for a laptop last year. I KNOW that thing wasn't cheap! Should last you a good while, though.

Comment

Danger to the Manifold.
                            1993 Accord EX
                            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

when i was in special operations we used to jump from airplanes with toughbooks because they were part of our communications packages.. green berets carry them too..
                              i used to hate them because they were so small but now that im on a motorcycle 24/7 i purchased an everex stepbook its a 13" screen to be lightweight.. but its not rugged..and it rains in florida and my backpack is not goretex
                              im thinking about getting a toughbook myself... they are pretty hardcore especially if you commute on a bike and need something that is water resistant and shockproof.. no need for a laptop case just throw it in your backpack
                              the other piece of equipment i carry that is rugged is my casio g'zone phone shockproof and waterproof just thought i would share
                              im gonna get a toughbook myself..... ive heard stories of guys running them over with humvees just to test their strength and they didnt crush like a can..

Comment

Working...
                              X