Tom Brady OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Brady OUT

A lot of the news media around Kansas City has been debating whether or not this was a dirty play.

For anyone that has not seen it...

Video 1

Vidoe 2
    Ignore the audio since it sucks but this video shows the hit from 3 different angles.

So the question is... Dirty play or just football?

It's just Football IMO. I am biased since I have been a KC Chiefs fan all my life so I figured I would shoot for some outside input. Even watching it again and again, I don't see how that could have been anything that Pollard was planning to do. Look at the Patriots player that is holding Pollard down, when Pollard overpowers the Patriots player, Pollard is basically pushed down onto Brady's leg. There was no avoiding it IMO.
    Dirty Play
    0.00%
    That's just Football
    100.00%
    Last edited by MadSpleen85; 09-09-2008, 02:37 AM.

nfl stated the play was legal. i say its football. quarterbacks get hit, tripped w/e. tom brady or any qb shouldnt get special treatment. its football

Comment

I watched both vid's and see nothing dirty about it. I like Brady also so I not saying this cause I'm a KC fan. Everybody takes the chance of getting hurt when you play such a physical sport. It was not intentional, he was doing what he is suppose to do, stop the play, sack the quarterback. Yes he fell but as you can see in the vid's there is no way it was on purpose. Thats my $.02
      Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
      CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
      Coupe MRT

Comment

Man if turns into another NE bashfest..I swear.

Last year everyone hated the team because they kept winning game after game. Sadly we didn't get to set a record to make a perfect season BUT we did manage to go 18 - 0 in the post season.

With him out it's now on Castle's shoulders..they cut Gutierrez in the pre-season because they probably see what Castle is really made of.

This season will be the ultimate test for the team though. I think a majority of the NE fans have been spoiled so many times by Brady because he never failed to deliver (of course the superbowl was a disappointment).
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It's football.

And so what if he was playing dirty? Gota play dirty to win sometimes.

I'm a NE fan btw.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Nothing dirty about it.

The NE offensive lineman was actually holding the jersey of the Chief.
            Which prevented him from making a full tackle.

So, if anything was "dirty", it should be blamed on Patriots #34.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Sunday was a sad day in new england, everyone is in a pissy mood because of this, haha.

The pats dont have a chance in hell this season. I was really looking forward to them making a charge for the bowl too

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Not dirty, just football. It's an extremely rough contact sports where sometimes things like this may happen.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

yea shit happens in football. san diego chargers couldnt even use LT for the conference championships last year.

Comment

IMO there's too many rules to keep people from getting hurt nowadays. It's football, they wear pads, they're supposed to hit each other. 300+ pound guys + momentum = injury sometimes.
                    1993 Prelude S
                    F22A1
                    custom'ish turbo setup
                    180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                    18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                    currently being rebuilt

Comment

I'm just waiting for someone to hit Tim Tebow hard enough.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

its tough being a quarterback. you have about 5-8 guys on average charging at the quarterback every play. the chances of getting hurt while being clipped is high.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
                          Sunday was a sad day in new england, everyone is in a pissy mood because of this, haha.

The pats dont have a chance in hell this season. I was really looking forward to them making a charge for the bowl too
                          Not you too Eric..lol it's only the beginning of the season. I heard about it on BCN as I drove by Gillette on Sunday.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

...adjust accordingly

Comment

If it were a late hit I could understand the debate, but seriously? Its a totally legal play.

Anyways, GO JETS! (and more importantly, GO COWBOYS!)
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X