Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcyclist dies going 239mph

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...=afp&type=lgns

"SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AFP) – A motorcyclist was killed after losing control of his bike at 385 kilometers (239 miles) per hour and crashing on Utah’s famous Bonneville Salt Flats, authorities and reports said Thursday.

The American Motorcyclist Association said in a statement on its website that 49-year-old Cliff Gullett of Montana was killed in an accident during a time trial at the location, around 185 kilometers (115 miles) west of Salt Lake City.

The AMA said Gullett was competing in the 500cc class during a time trial speed racing event when his bike crashed. Reports said Gullett was aiming to set a record for the fastest two-stroke, two-cylinder motorcycle.

The Salt Lake Tribune cited police investigators as saying Gullett was travelling at 239 miles per hour before the crash.

The Bonneville Salt Flats have been used as a speed testing ground since 1896 and became famous in 1935 when British motorsport legend Malcolm Campbell broke the world land speed record at the site."

WTF is it really necessary to go THAT fast???

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Apparently he was trying to break a world record, so yes.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Is it necessary to go that fast to break the record? Yes.

Is it necessary to break the record? No.

Did he die doing what he loved? Seems so. There are worse ways to go... though he was way too young for it.

I wanna attempt some daring stunts when I'm like...85.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        Is it necessary to go that fast to break the record? Yes.

Is it necessary to break the record? No.

Did he die doing what he loved? Seems so. There are worse ways to go... though he was way too young for it.

I wanna attempt some daring stunts when I'm like...85.
        85? your still good to ppl at 85!!!!! At 90 on ther other hand, your pretty much a vegetable.

He loved what he did. So its not in vain
        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My coupe!!!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Sucks, but like someone said already, there are worse ways to go.
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Too bad he didn't get a chance to break that record. I hope I die doing something I love...
            SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
            -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

didn't he set a speed record way back in the day?

This guy was on our local news...he was a big time motorcylce tuner...OLD school too. They were talking about how he wanted to try and set a new record...really sad, I didn't think he'd set a new record.

Although, at 85...you should not be trying to set speed records...it's just a matter of fact...you don't do that stuff at 85 years old. But he DID die doing what he loved...I can't fault the guy for that...a blessed death I should say.
              ____

Comment

lol still rather useless to me

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Wouldn't it be fucked up if he DID set a new record THEN wrecked and died?
                  VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                    Wouldn't it be fucked up if he DID set a new record THEN wrecked and died?
                    that be about prefect, wouldnt u say?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                      that be about prefect, wouldnt u say?
                      until he gets beaten XD
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                        until he gets beaten XD
                        or the only way to beat it is if you die.

Comment

red bandanas ftw.. j/p that could be me one day

Comment

WTF happened in that picture^^^?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Working...
                              X