The New Metallica Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Metallica Album

As some of you may know the new metallica album got leaked 10 days early. now i found that out that day and promptly got my hands on it and all i have to say is holy shit this is one of there best albums its so technical and clean. that went back to the thrash metal roots and some of the most amazing solo's ever. there is only 10 songs but the album is like 72 mins long every song is long with amazing solo's every were in the songs. so you have to listen to it and fall back in love with metallica

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Dude, Lars is gonna be at your door ready to kick your ass for pirating their music!

I used to be a HUGE Metallica fan... but then James went all country after Load, and I just didn't feel it anymore. Load was good, but I saw them on tour for the first time while supporting that album, and he had that country twang thing going on in every song, even the old ones... turned me off

I heard the new song they put on the radio. I didn't hear anything that sounds like their old stuff. I'll check out the new album to see what it's like, though. I never bothered getting their last one... Hell, I can't even remember the name of it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      Dude, Lars is gonna be at your door ready to kick your ass for pirating their music!

I used to be a HUGE Metallica fan... but then James went all country after Load, and I just didn't feel it anymore. Load was good, but I saw them on tour for the first time while supporting that album, and he had that country twang thing going on in every song, even the old ones... turned me off

I heard the new song they put on the radio. I didn't hear anything that sounds like their old stuff. I'll check out the new album to see what it's like, though. I never bothered getting their last one... Hell, I can't even remember the name of it!
      That pretty much sums it up exactly. I feel the same way other than the fact that my introduction to Metallica came a few months ago rather than a bunch of years ago.

If it's anything like Master of Puppets or ...And Justic for All then I'm all for it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

Saint anger , and you didn't miss anything miss anything lol
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

I may have to pick this one up.
          I'm glad they're going back to their roots.
          I absolutely hated St Anger.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I think a lot of people hated St. Anger. I couldn't stand that tin can drum sound and the whole vocal thing....St. Anger 'round my neck....wtf??

I might check this CD out. If it's like Reload or newer, I'm going to dislike it. Load was an alright CD, but it started to get *** right there.
            VIP Status.

Comment

its alot like the old stuff theres one song that kinda sounds like master of puppets in the start of the song. but im sure any one who likes metallica even one bit is going to love this album the solo are just insane the songs kickass you will be head banging every song i hated st.anger alot to but one thing i can ay is that if the band wasnt metallica then people would have loved st. anger. oh and about that lars knocking on my door it was reported that lars wasnt upset about the and said he didnt care because it was so close to the launch, and i would add i will be buying it because the album is so fucking good.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I found all the songs except for Suicide and Redemption. Oh and there are news articles online saying Metallica was OK with the leak and that they encouraged it or some shit. Oh and apparently in 2003 they said it was OK for people to download their music, so I doubt Lars will come to your door or anybody else for that matter.
                VIP Status.

Comment

Hahahaha. So far the album SUCKS in comparison to their first 4 albums.

It sounds just like Load and Reload to me. It's James' vocals, the overbuilding of riffs, the rehashing of the same harmonies, and the cheesy lyrical content. The Day That Never Comes reminds me of 311.

Comment

The best song is Broken, Beat and Scarred and it isn't all THAT great. I like it, but not my favorite by them. I don't think this CD lives up to its hype. "Oh yea Metallica is back, just like their old shit, blah blah blah"....I hear a LITTLE bit of their old touch but otherwise, it's just another Load/Reload album. Seriously.

It's better than St. Anger, I give them that.
                    VIP Status.

Comment

James doesn't have the same intensity in his vocals. When I saw them live, all the good old songs turned into "new" songs. There's more twang and less growl.

Load was a great album for what it was, but it was a lousy Metallica album. Reload was all the stuff that didn't make the cut for Load. St Anger was released in an effort to get back to their "stripped down" roots. I guess this one is an effort to do that right, since St Anger was a complete failure.

I've always defended Metallica... but it's gotten to me. Lars was a douche, James sounds like crap, Kirk looks like Santana (and it always bothered me that the only thing he ever wrote was the solos), and Jason... had enough sense to say "to hell with you guys".

I'll have to get this new one and see how I like it. I'm not expecting much. I've been a Metallica fan for more than half my life. I discovered And Justice For All when I was 13, and I've loved everything from the black album back. I actually begged my parents to pay $100 for an airbrushed tshirt of the cover of Ride the Lightning... and succeeded.

Comment

I grew up listening to Metallica, too. My first album was when I was 10, it was a tape I got from my older cousin. Then came AJFA, really liked it. Ended up getting all of their stuff, and getting into Megadeth also. I stopped listening to Metallica's albums after the Black Album. I knew there was something wrong with the Black Album, you'll notice you can only hear Jason's bass on My Friend Of Misery. I remember reading about how they got pissed at Jason because he was playing some 'funk shit' on bass instead of sticking with the program. They were really hard on the guy, and look at them now.

Needless to say, I'm one of those believers that when Cliff died, he took the majority of the greatness of Metallica with him.

Comment

Its definately better than St. Anger, still not quite metallica though.

I for one, am actually a fan of St. Anger. I do agree, that it wasnt metallica, but it was an ok metal cd. I just dont think of it as metallica when i listen to it.

I also support them trying new sounds and everything. Cause honestly, if Metallicas sound never changed, i wouldve given up on them long ago.

So far, I am enjoying the new album. Its nothing groundbreaking or amazing, but its enjoyable.
                          Driving before toke:
                          Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                            Needless to say, I'm one of those believers that when Cliff died, he took the majority of the greatness of Metallica with him.
                            There you go.
                            VIP Status.

Comment

So since Tuesday when the songs were leaked until today, Saturday...some dude fuckin mastered "My Apocalypse" by ear and put it up on Youtube and Lars is giving him praise over it...wtf?? LOL

VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X