might sell.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might sell.....

well guys.i've come to a crossroads.i love my cb..i just got the rims on,rust fixed,washed and waxed....but my cars STILL auto...and i hate that.now heres the question..would it be worth it to do the 5 speed swap?orrr...to buy my dream car that i passed up when i bought the cb.a 1990 nissan 300zx 5 speed na.i know its na but..for 2900 and already with an exhaust and short shifter i say that pretty good....so what do you think i should do.keep the cb and do the 5 speed swap.or buy the 300z and build it up

heres a link to the z

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/814398678.html

spoonsportsaddict

Ehhh...

It'll be a pain in the ass to work on, and it's still slow. A short shifter and an exhaust isn't that much. Do a 5 speed swap and throw in an H22 or H23 or something. That's my vote.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

5spd swap. +2

Comment

do a 5 speed swap i been telling you 3+

*the only way out of the gang, is in a box* remember that

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
          Ehhh...

It'll be a pain in the ass to work on, and it's still slow. A short shifter and an exhaust isn't that much. Do a 5 speed swap and throw in an H22 or H23 or something. That's my vote.
          but with the money it'd cost me to get a h22 or h23 and pay for the swap i could have already started to mod the z...plus i'm a nissan whore anyway...

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
            but with the money it'd cost me to get a h22 or h23 and pay for the swap i could have already started to mod the z...plus i'm a nissan whore anyway...
            Soo...either you spent $2000 getting started on the Z, or you spent $2000 and your Accord is already quick...
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
              Soo...either you spent $2000 getting started on the Z, or you spent $2000 and your Accord is already quick...
              grrrrrr good point......idk.if i do the 5 speed swap i'm probobly going to turbo...with the dsm stuff

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Keep ur cb. It'll be nicer with a m/t

Comment

Like I always say, this is a Honda forum... you can expect a certain answer here.

If you're anything like me, which I know most enthusiasts are. You won't like to settle.

If you're indeed a Nissan whore and have wanted one of these bad boys, I'd say get it, If everything checks out. You don't want a poor example of the car you want.

If it is truly what you want than get it, you'll enjoy it more.

Although... you could probably fit more Pasty bitches in the CB! =p

Comment

I LOVE the Z32... I really do. I want one in cum white (as Rusty calls it).

Still, that one is beat. Seriously. The paint sucks, I see a dent on the rear quarter passenger side, it has performance mods, so you know it was driven hard... and WTF is a "pop charger"?

Not to mention that the 300zx is considerably less practical than the CB7. Rain, snow, carrying stuff and friends... Additionally, it's NA... which is slow, for a car that LOOKS fast. I'd rather have a car that's fast while looking slow!

I've also seen countless NA Z32s for sale that say "just needs an injector. Easy fix!"

Stay away. That's coming from someone that also loves those cars. Just stay away, or you'll regret it!

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                      Like I always say, this is a Honda forum... you can expect a certain answer here.

If you're anything like me, which I know most enthusiasts are. You won't like to settle.

If you're indeed a Nissan whore and have wanted one of these bad boys, I'd say get it, If everything checks out. You don't want a poor example of the car you want.

If it is truly what you want than get it, you'll enjoy it more.

Although... you could probably fit more Pasty bitches in the CB! =p
                      lol i am a nissan whore....s13's are my bitches.and pasty girls are ftl.....asians FTMFW.
                      Last edited by JDMchristian991; 09-03-2008, 11:16 PM.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

a 'pop charger' is an aftermarket airbox/intake replacement.

I'd say NO on the 300z. I really liked the 300z but they seem to be more trouble than they're worth.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                          I LOVE the Z32... I really do. I want one in cum white (as Rusty calls it).

Still, that one is beat. Seriously. The paint sucks, I see a dent on the rear quarter passenger side, it has performance mods, so you know it was driven hard... and WTF is a "pop charger"?

Not to mention that the 300zx is considerably less practical than the CB7. Rain, snow, carrying stuff and friends... Additionally, it's NA... which is slow, for a car that LOOKS fast. I'd rather have a car that's fast while looking slow!

I've also seen countless NA Z32s for sale that say "just needs an injector. Easy fix!"

Stay away. That's coming from someone that also loves those cars. Just stay away, or you'll regret it!
                          oh yes.....i love them too.but i guess your right..i mean i have a friend who just wrecked his cb 5 speed.he said i can take the whole 5 speed swap for 150.and my friend (dmacsmokeymcpot or somthing like that on here) hoopes will put it in for me for fairly cheap....would a 5 speed a4 with i/h/e be able to take a na 300?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

The Z, in good condition and driven well, is capable of a 15 flat, according to Car and Driver. That's about as fast as my H22 has ever gotten me.

However, the chances that it's in perfect condition are slim... mid-15s tops, I would say... not A4 territory, but not too far off. Add a camshaft, drop a little weight, and drive well... and you could take it.

Comment

Keep the cb, do the swap, and for fuck-sake... get the p12 already, HOLY SHIT!!

Nah, just playin. I say, keep the cb, do the swap and spend the rest of that 2 grand on, hookers...

Comment

Working...
                              X