No announcement yet.

Red Light Violation.....WTF!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the taxi have to do with anything?

And putting anything in-front of your face or covering your face accomplishes nothing. The ticket will still be sent to the address that the plate is registered to. The picture of the driver is so there can be no dispute as to who was behind the wheel.

Most of these tickets are automatically issued to the registered owner of the vehicle, so no matter who is behind the wheel, YOU the registered owner get the ticket. If you loan your vehicle to someone else and they get one of these tickets, it is up to YOU to pay the ticket since it was issued to your vehicle. YOU would be responsible for getting reimbursed for the fine that you are out, whether that means taking the other driver to court. At least that's how it works in Kansas anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
      LOOK CLOSELY!!! hes crossing the street the same time i am....so he must of got a ticket too, i assume.
      STUFF FOR SALE!!!
      1992 Accord Lx.
      1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Most of these tickets are automatically issued to the registered owner of the vehicle, so no matter who is behind the wheel, YOU the registered owner get the ticket. If you loan your vehicle to someone else and they get one of these tickets, it is up to YOU to pay the ticket since it was issued to your vehicle. YOU would be responsible for getting reimbursed for the fine that you are out, whether that means taking the other driver to court. At least that's how it works in Kansas anyways.
        ummm proof of this one

Comment

And putting anything in-front of your face or covering your face accomplishes nothing. The ticket will still be sent to the address that the plate is registered to. The picture of the driver is so there can be no dispute as to who was behind the wheel.

+ that may apply and does apply to parking tickets etc.. But no way moving violations.

Comment

From the picture it looks like the light was green, doesn't it?

And no, just because the taxi was going through the intersection doesn't mean his light wasn't green, especially if his side of the road had the green left hand turn arrow.

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

What if someone stole your car? Then......???
              VIP Status.

Comment

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I guess my picture really IS worth a Thousand Words......But its NOT Priceless!
                  STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                  1992 Accord Lx.
                  1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

there are several times where you may have a red light, but the car coming against you still has a green...happens all the time.

Besides...they might have...you don't know...doesn't change anything either way.

You having a red does not determine whether the other lanes also have a red or green

Do they not mark their roads there? Here in Tx all the lights with cameras have a sign a few yards back saying they are camera "guarded"
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                      Do they not mark their roads there? Here in Tx all the lights with cameras have a sign a few yards back saying they are camera "guarded"
                      no they dont.....they really need to put those up if there gonna be dicks and give tickets!
                      STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                      1992 Accord Lx.
                      1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

lol they got you! next time get one of those license flippers

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

DAAAAMN...that does suck...hell I'm staying in Tx then!
                          ____

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
                            no they dont.....they really need to put those up if there gonna be dicks and give tickets!
                            Up here the signs say "PhotoSafe"....I slow down and drive real nice through those
                            VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                              + that may apply and does apply to parking tickets etc.. But no way moving violations.
                              Really? How do you expect for the police to know who the driver is? Most of these are simply from a computer and then off into the mail. Unless you expect everyone to have the picture in a system how would these camera's ever serve a purpose if the tickets were not issued to the vehicle. And like I said in my inital post "At least that's how it works in Kansas anyways."

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                              What if someone stole your car? Then......???
                              Think about it, you would have a Police report if your car was stolen. And then you would have a bonus, you would have a picture of who had your car at that time.

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
                              You need a sign to tell you that if you are breaking the law there is a stationary camera ahead that is going to send you a ticket in the mail? Really? Its a red light, whats so hard to understand about stopping? You are breaking a BASIC Traffic Law. Red means stop, you choose not to you will get a ticket if you get caught, whether you get caught by a camera or a live person, you broke the law, you got caught, man up and just pay it. I suppose you would like there to be big yellow signs saying, "Hey Speeder there is a cop running radar ahead" everytime there is a cop with the radar gun switched on. Good luck with that.

Comment

maybe they saw the ebay projectors and had to give you a ticket for that?

j/p

but yea idk maybe ya both ran that light man

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                                X