need some help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help!!

Alright so i have to give a briefing tomorrow about how to protect you family against i guess sexual predators..
    Here's the scenario. Say your spouse is selling something on the internet right, and someone calls pretending to be interested in the item he/she is selling and tries to get information on where you live so on and so forth.. soo
    I need to brief something on how to prevent this but the problem is i cant find anything on this specific type of scenario..
    Help me out guys. I have to brief it to my unit tomorrow and im stuck!
    thanks guys
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

buy a gun
    wat?

Comment

lol thats what i would do but thats not helpin me lol

CG Coupe!

Comment

Well in that case the best solution I've found is to meet in a frequently busy place such as a grocery store parking lot, bank, fast food restaurant parking lot, etc.

Most "predators" don't react well to direct straight forward responses, such as "I dont feel comfortable in meeting you at my home, I would gladly meet you at a place we both know of."

Not everyone was born with a good judge of character. If you're one of them, bring along another adult. Sheer numbers always deter such problems.

Remember, most predators are cowards. They go after women, children, and small animals.

Hope this helps!! haha.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
          Well in that case the best solution I've found is to meet in a frequently busy place such as a grocery store parking lot, bank, fast food restaurant parking lot, etc.

Most "predators" don't react well to direct straight forward responses, such as "I dont feel comfortable in meeting you at my home, I would gladly meet you at a place we both know of."

Not everyone was born with a good judge of character. If you're one of them, bring along another adult. Sheer numbers always deter such problems.

Remember, most predators are cowards. They go after women, children, and small animals.

Hope this helps!! haha.
          that does help a little actually but i gotta make it longer anybody got anything to add to this? Thanks bro

CG Coupe!

Comment

1. Don't give any info out that could lead to the person finding your home address

2. Keep phone conversations on Cell phones as they are harder to determine an solid address.

3. Meet the person in a public place where there are other people around and during daylight hours

4. Take someone with you, most predators do not account for you bringing along another potential witness.

5. If you believe that the person is not after what you are selling but after you DO NOT MEET THEM. If you insist that you sell whatever you have to that person, most Police Departments will standby while you make the transfer (as long as it is a legal sale obviously).

6. After you meet the person, if you are afraid that they may be following you, DO NOT GO HOME. Drive to a public place that is well lit, or call Police and tell them the situation.

Most potential offenders want to limit the number of possible witnesses, so the more potential witnesses the lower the chance of being a victim. Obviously this is not true in all circumstances, but the biggest deterrent to most offenders is witness potential.

That's just basic crime prevention off the top of my head... Hope that helps.

Comment

join the mafia.
              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                1. Don't give any info out that could lead to the person finding your home address

2. Keep phone conversations on Cell phones as they are harder to determine an solid address.

3. Meet the person in a public place where there are other people around and during daylight hours

4. Take someone with you, most predators do not account for you bringing along another potential witness.

5. If you believe that the person is not after what you are selling but after you DO NOT MEET THEM. If you insist that you sell whatever you have to that person, most Police Departments will standby while you make the transfer (as long as it is a legal sale obviously).

6. After you meet the person, if you are afraid that they may be following you, DO NOT GO HOME. Drive to a public place that is well lit, or call Police and tell them the situation.

Most potential offenders want to limit the number of possible witnesses, so the more potential witnesses the lower the chance of being a victim. Obviously this is not true in all circumstances, but the biggest deterrent to most offenders is witness potential.

That's just basic crime prevention off the top of my head... Hope that helps.
                this also helps a ton. Im puttin it all on a paper so i can read off of it and this is a good summery of what to do.. Thanks man!
                Some more is also very much welcome

CG Coupe!

Comment

Something else, just a helpful tip.

If you are talking to someone on your cell and you don't want them to have your number (obviously you'd get their number and be calling them) put *67 in front of the # you are calling. This blocks the caller ID info from coming through. The receiver will only see "Restricted" on their display information.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    Something else, just a helpful tip.

If you are talking to someone on your cell and you don't want them to have your number (obviously you'd get their number and be calling them) put *67 in front of the # you are calling. This blocks the caller ID info from coming through. The receiver will only see "Restricted" on their display information.
                    yea that is a good tip but im more focused on them calling you so that would mean they already have your number

CG Coupe!

Comment

OK I have a few more...

Be sure to get as much information about the person you are meeting as you can. At least what vehicle they will be meeting you in (year, make, model, color, etc).

Make sure someone knows where you are going and how long you should be gone. Leave details of what you know about the person you are meeting with this contact person, (your vehicle info, person you are meeting vehicle information, meeting location, time you left, time you were supposed to return or make contact.) Also set a time for this contact person to call you if they have not heard from you.

Trust your instincts.

Carry your Cell phone on you, turned on at all times and fully charged. If something were to happen to you, your cell carrier can track your cell phone's pings and locate your phone and hopefully you.

Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Keep your head on a swivel, watch the person you are meeting and everyone else around. Everything is always changing keep your eyes open.

Do not carry any more money on you then necessary. If they expect to pay with a large cash bill, ask them to go get change or specify that you need exact change and will not be able to provide change.

Comment

short and sweet.

meet in public place. (gas station). middle of the day time setting. bring someone with you, if you dont have someone else with you, park somewhere that is close to other people walking by. discuss how they will be paying, and bring enough for change if they dont have the exact amount.

Comment

you could always just have them meet you at the police station just don't tell them that it's such a place by giving them just an address and a landmark near it. that way they are caught off guard

Comment

Deev and I met for the first time at a junk yard... I'm glad he's not a murderer :P
                            My Car
                            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                            X