No announcement yet.

What's up with all the plastic stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off topic a little, but I was reading that the newer accords were built with pedestrian safety in mind. The hood, fenders and a few other parts on the car were built so that if you do hit someone the impact isen't as bad
    Now I don't know how effective this will be and who the hell would want to test it out?

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
      Tell me about it. Forgot what car it was, but they were at a drag strip and that plastic piece of shit blew into pieces.
      it was a new ss cobalt
      he was running nos at the track and blew his shit up?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        The GTP is a Grand Prix. 2002. 4 door. White. FWD. Shitty.

It's a nice car. The suspension blew in 100k though, and the engine has a bad oil leak. A shop told me it was the valve cover gaskets (the rear is a BITCH), lower intake manifold gasket (which requires removal of the supercharger and the intake manifold), and the oil pan gasket (part of the subframe has to drop, or the engine has to come out)... and a guy on clubgp.com told me it may be the oil pressure sending unit, which would be the easiest of all to fix.

On top of that, the DIC (driver information center) is crapping out on me, as is the climate control.

So, how do I like it? I love it when it's working as it should. Right now? I wish someone would firebomb it so I could collect on my full coverage insurance...
        Fixed.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

^ LOL Danny.

Modern motors are far from pretty. They are nothing more than a clusterfuck of random bits of technology. Add covers and all the ugmo dissapears!

The Skyline has one of the better bays. They stayed fairly clean till they dropped the R34.

Toyota failed pretty hard with the looks of the stock 2J, just as many auto makers have done and will continue to do. What it comes down to is whats under the mess of plastic and metal; how the engine performs and how it stands up to the test of time.

Comment

Less tampering capabilities. Then you can drive to the dealership so they can take your money.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
              Less tampering capabilities. Then you can drive to the dealership so they can take your money.
              And the winner is...YOUUUU
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Most of the the time with new cars, the engine alone isn't "beautiful" unless your people like us, lol. But they streamline the engine bay's today to hide the "engine", hide the wires and overall make the engine bay look cleaner and simpler. With older cars more people tend to do the maintenance themselves. But with some newer cars doing your own maintenance is either very difficult or it could potentially void warranty.

I wish they didn't have all that plastic covering the engine, but that's only because I'd tinker and poke at it, lol. Most people don't care what the engine does, as long as it runs.........so why not make the engine bay somewhat presentable if god forbid they have to open the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie View Post
                  and don't forget the plastic intake manifold!

what they wanna do is cover that super small engine they have there
                  our merc sable has one I laugh everytime I work on that car
                  WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                    it was a new ss cobalt
                    he was running nos at the track and blew his shit up?
                    I believe that was it. Can't find the video.

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                    Most of the the time with new cars, the engine alone isn't "beautiful" unless your people like us, lol. But they streamline the engine bay's today to hide the "engine", hide the wires and overall make the engine bay look cleaner and simpler. With older cars more people tend to do the maintenance themselves. But with some newer cars doing your own maintenance is either very difficult or it could potentially void warranty.

I wish they didn't have all that plastic covering the engine, but that's only because I'd tinker and poke at it, lol. Most people don't care what the engine does, as long as it runs.........so why not make the engine bay somewhat presentable if god forbid they have to open the hood.

Hell, even on my Vigor, maintanence is still a bitch. I did a distributor cap/rotor and it took me 6 hours. Should've taken less than an hour. Had to use an offset to get to the screws AND the rotor is pretty much pressed against the firewall. Horrible design.
                    VIP Status.

Comment

Those of you laughing at the plastic intake manifolds, keep in mind the several Hondas incorporate plastic intake manifolds...
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        Those of you laughing at the plastic intake manifolds, keep in mind the several Hondas incorporate plastic intake manifolds...
                        That doesn't make me think any higher of plastic intake manifolds
                        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                          I was gonna mention that, the r18 on the fit for example. And as silly as I always thought that idea was, ya know, it's my long held belief that if it's good enough for honda, it's good enough for me. I can trust their engineers a good deal of the time, especially when it comes to the engines

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

this aint too bad for a modern engine.

Comment

Yea, the GTR engine is appealing to me...not like all the other Nissan engines that are caked with plastic.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

wouldn't be also that dealers/other shop would charge for labor for what you doing in the engine bay area ?

Comment

Working...
                                X