the reason i wont buy a '93-'95 civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    you do realize that ANY car that they put into that situation wouldve been demolished and flipped? T boned at what, 60mph? thatll flatten anything.

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
    CB would have looked just the same.
    i never really realized that. all the CBs i saw in the same accidents(not the one in the vid), the civics have had alot more damage than the CB had. hit in the same area and majority of them have been around the same speeds

Comment

tax the hell out of SUV's
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        http://www.honda-portal.com/honda-vi...p?video_id=163

makes me rethink getting a civic. and that was my 1st choice in body style too.

PS-who cares if its a repost. we got plenty of new people who may not have seen it.
        So whats that make a CB chassis some kind of super indestructible car?

No matter how much technology or design you put in a car, it can never save you from a T-Bone accident like that.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
          So whats that make a CB chassis some kind of super indestructible car?

No matter how much technology or design you put in a car, it can never save you from a T-Bone accident like that.
          HERES THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

Super old Wrecked Cb7s

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91600

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Any car can be wrecked in a Tbone.

Unless you have walls of reinforcement.

/thread.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I don't worry because I am a better driver and if it's gonna happen it better kill me cause I'll kill whoever hit me if it doesn't

That said I'll continue driving my deathtrap, I mean, CRX

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

seriously i'd rather a small car crumple than have a super ridged frame. at that i think that civic done to it any car would look like that.

but yeah that kinds of stuff makes u look out more and be more of a safe driver.
                1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

personally from what ive seen...civics are the reason people consider hondas "rice" errybody and their brother has em thats why i wont buy a civic...plus i smoked a 95 si tonight along wit a saturn ion so ill juss stick to my accord
                  to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                  Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

I hit a 95 CD5 the day before labor day last year with my F-body Camaro. T-boned her...annihilated the whole passengers side of the car and sent her into another car which bent her rear drivers wheel completely sideways. That was at 30mph...didn't do shit to my car except moved the bumper over about 3 inches.
                    VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                      I hope you don't think a 90-93 accord would fair much better
                      so true... so true

Comment

That civic PWNED the SUV!

Comment

actually the '90-'93 accords have a much better chassis than the civics do. its stiffer than the civic's. the main reason why the accords stand up in accidents better than civics.
                          wow you sure are stupid

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

well if you're that paranoid, install a full rollcage and drive around w/ a helmet. But our accords wouldn't fly THAT far. Our CB's weigh about 3000lbs vs that model civic weighs in at a very light 2300lbs or something.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

PS-who cares if its a repost. we got plenty of new people who may not have seen it.
                              Ye man. This vid was awesome, I shared it with loved ones. Such a common car.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                                wow you sure are stupid
                                You would get along with my brother he is 14 as well and into skateboarding. He is not stupid, he may be mistaken if thats what you meant, but he is not. I just had a rear collision with an SUV, and even tho my car was deemed "totaled" it really wasn't, Just a buckle or two in the quarter panel and a blown tail light. had it fixed in no time. Something about the earlier cars are stronger. Maybe because the economy was doing good those years. But the civics seem like plastic toys as oppose to our cb7's which feel like a lot heavier steel. And then the 1980 Cadillac's are even thicker and heavier, Ive seen my friend come out of an accident damage free. That is my opinion. I'm sure others feel the same.
                                Last edited by alifeva; 08-16-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X