Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OWNED: Kid tries to scam shop $16k in labor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OWNED: Kid tries to scam shop $16k in labor.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ge...a-scammer.html

It's a good read.

Originally posted by Tampa Racing
    I have been working on Joe Dono's car for approximately 4 1/2 months.

The car was completely redone. Complete repaint including engine bay and pulling all glass and seals, smoothing out the interior panels and two toning them, building a custom sub enclosure and covering it in carbon fiber, custom amp racks and nitrous bottle brackets, carbon overlays on the roof and hatch, turbo install, e-manage install, custom fiberglass center console to mount gauges in, just a lot of work in general.

He showed up to pick his car up yesterday, Saturday August 9th, and was apparently planning on stealing his car without paying for anything.

His mother, who actually is the one financing his car, was under the impression that he had paid for materials and that he had "sponsors" that were paying us to do the labor. She wanted to know why the car was taking so long because Joe had told her it was just getting painted. He barely covered material cost and was promising to bring the very large balance in cash when the car was picked up.

I'm really not sure what was going through his head thinking he was going to get the car completely modified and knowing he has NO money to pay for it.

His girlfriend offered us $60 and wanted to know if we could set-up a payment plan. SERIOUSLY? His bill is close to $16K and he wants a payment plan.

I'm sure plenty of you have either dealt with him or heard about him. He's a detailer by trade but apparently he has no self-worth and has no problem lying and deceiving anyone and everyone.

Please feel free to chime in. His car will be for sale shortly, just need to wait on that mechanic's lien to go through
    Cliff:
    -Big time scammer Joe dono(22) puts a deposit to get his celica painted at JapWorks
    -Joe is probably the biggest internet scammer in a long time.
    -He keeps bringing stuff in to install like turbos, nos kit, audio pieces and racking up a tab; shop doesnt demand more money up front in good faith.
    -6 months later, car is finished and wants his car outside, clean and prepped
    -He comes with his mother and 16 year old girlfriend, car is INSIDE, and thinks he doesnt have to pay labor
    -Joe was planning to hop in the car if it was left outside and drive off
    -Car owner tells him to GTFO, Joe demands the car without paying $16k in work.
    -Joe dono says he'l get the car back b/c it's state law that the shop cant keep a car
    -We find out the car isnt his but his mother's and it's on payments.
    -Shop knows he can get the car through court IF he pays the $16k bond at court.
    -Joe keeps harassing the shop
    -Joe's younger bro chimes in saying his brother is trash and not to associate his family with him
    Last edited by ikayto; 08-12-2008, 09:03 PM.

that's dirty. what kind of car was it by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
      that's dirty. what kind of car was it by the way?
      was an automatic celica that had its motor removed and turbo charged.

Comment

stupid kid
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

bahahahahha.

what a dumbass.....i wonder if he honestly thought he was going to be able to steal it haa..

edit:btw i got his screenname from a friend of mine on tr .its is PB TosiLX for anyone else who wants to fuck with him
          Last edited by JDMchristian991; 08-12-2008, 09:10 PM.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Houses cost like $200k+ and most ppl have them on a payment plan....

What a tool. This kid sounds like he'd be a God on teh interwebz.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

That's some fuckin shit right there. And what the FUCK...he's 22, has a 16 year old girlfriend??? And it's actually his moms car? I'd get this fucker put in jail.
              VIP Status.

Comment

Haha, this shit is funny.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Douche doesnt quite fit him..

Tool seems to be a good, strong fit.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Ah shit. I am at the part now where the guy keeps saying over and over again that he will have his car by Friday.

But the funiest part about that is when he gets it back, it will be reposessed because they have not paid for it the last 2 months.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                      Ah shit. I am at the part now where the guy keeps saying over and over again that he will have his car by Friday.

But the funiest part about that is when he gets it back, it will be reposessed because they have not paid for it the last 2 months.
                      Didn't want to read through 45 pages that accumulated over 2 days
                      VIP Status.

Comment

what a low life. he takes photos off flickr and chops it up,watermark them, puts his name on them and post it up for the forum. well some guy found out he been doing that all of the pics he has posted.

heres the post:

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/sh...&postcount=603

anyone has pics of the scumbag?

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                          what a low life. he takes photos off flickr and chops it up,watermark them, puts his name on them and post it up for the forum. well some guy found out he been doing that all of the pics he has posted.

heres the post:

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/sh...&postcount=603

anyone has pics of the scumbag?
                          Really, how dumb do you have to be to steal photos? Like what is the fucking point?
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            Really, how dumb do you have to be to steal photos? Like what is the fucking point?
                            i guess he wanted the attention. but damn, those are some nice photos, i woulda second thought that was not his.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                              Didn't want to read through 45 pages that accumulated over 2 days
                              read the cliff notes, but it's more entertaining reading the posts lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X