My New Job Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Job Rocks

I know it's not sitting at a desk or on a computer, surfing cb7tuner all day, or drving GT-R's, but i do get to drive.

Im washing cars for a local Chevy Dealer. Ive driven all sorts of cars today. Its easy, its fun, its semi-outdoors with plenty of exercise. I get an hour for lunch. I like it, lol. I havent gotten to drive any really cool cars, but some interesting ones for my first day, lol.

The family/company also owns a Nissan Dealer and Collision Repair shop. I can wash my car for free, but im not sure about any kind of discounts on maintenance or body work. If i do get discounts, i may be fixing my rust/paint sooner than i thought.

Felt like sharing my joy, lol. I know...Im weird.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

My friend does the same exact thing...washes cars for Chevy. He brings Corvettes by my apartments all the damn time since I live close to the dealership. He tells them he's going to gas them up and just does fat burnouts and shit. He almost wrecked one hauling ass down the street when it was wet out.
    VIP Status.

Comment

Im still new, so i dont think they'll let me near the vettes yet.

I did however see them unloading a truck-o-vettes.

I drove some pretty heavy, quick rides. Turbo Diesels, HDs...Some of the newer impalas and suburbans get up and go too.

My only beef....the HHR. I got in it, and even after adjusting the seat, i hated it. It was cramped and tight and things just didnt feel good.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I also accidentally brought home the keys to a cobalt sedan.....

LOL.

Comment

Glad you like your job man, and unfortunately, we can't all get to drive GT-R's every day.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
            I also accidentally brought home the keys to a cobalt sedan.....

LOL.
            Accidentally eh?
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Not all...just some

Id like to drive a vette though. Or anything SS, lol. Cobalt, Equinox, Impala...

I did drive a phat jeep though. Grand Cherokee. Leather, nav, backup cam, i was moved by the seat....literally.

Comment

I don't like the HHRs either. But my friend said they got in the SS a while back and he was revving it up and he loved the sound of the BOV
                VIP Status.

Comment

thats awesome dude, congrats. When you enjoy your job, life seems a lot easier most times. I've gone through the same experience recently.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Very cool man
                    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Congrats Mike!
                      I applied for the same job at Nissan a couple summer's back.
                      I didn't get accepted.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

finally ur ass has a job now. ROFL

Comment

Hey Congrats.
                          Do they actually have a spray bay area or is it just hose and bucket washing? I work for an auto auction outside checking over the detail shops work. It's hard work, but it's fun when you get to drive the cars. I was lucky enough to drive an S2000 which is a rare car here, but we usually have 800 Chevys, 900 Nissans (doubt we will get the GT-R), 600 Fords and around 400 random car brands from Banks, private dealers and small car dealers. I wish they would start selling Honda's, but I realized it's hard to sell a car no one wants to sell.

Comment

Congrats Mike.

My neighbors had an HHR as a loaner when they had some hail damage fixed on their Durango. I asked them how they liked it when they had it and she said the same thing about the seat. She used the word "cheap" to describe how it felt.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                              finally ur ass has a job now. ROFL
                              x2.. Im happy for you bro.
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter