Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the coupe out for a little cruise tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the coupe out for a little cruise tonight...

And remembered that the Mopar Nationals are in town.

Cliff notes : Try to appreciate old school muscle, asshat in SRT-4 makes self look stupid, I shock asshat, brakes start grinding out of nowhere, perform fastest brake job ever, brakes perform better than they ever have.
    (street names and landmarks for the locals in italics)

So my buddy and I give her a quick bath and take a trip over to the local area (Brice Rd.) that all the Mopar guys cruise and hang out at when they come to town, intending to park and maybe walk around to look at some old school muscle. While we're stuck in traffic, a spot opens up in the right lane and out of a parking lot (just south of Livingston) comes some asshat in his SRT-4 with NY tags, right next to me. He apparently views me as some kind of threat and starts revving at me. My buddy tells me to go ahead and run him, but there's cops everywhere and I know I'm not beating him (my IHE and p12 vs. his 2.4 turbo? I don't think so.) so forget it.
    I stop at a light and we notice that there's a huge open space next to us, I look over and asshat is letting a gap open in traffic, and then he tries to smoke them at me, but doesn't get loose, so he just launches and almost rear ends the pristine GTX in front of him. We laugh at him, cruise another few blocks up the street (as he wraps out first gear rolling and then revs at me every time we stop) and come up to a spot where the people sitting along the street have been pouring water and bleach on the street so everyone can break them loose. I hang back a little from the guy in my lane, I'm creeping about 15 in second, so I clutch, slip down into first, let the pedal out, look over at SRT boy, look back to the front and as I roll into the puddle I just drop the hammer. The front end breaks loose, I run it up to about 6K and get off the throttle. I look back over to the right lane and he's not there. My buddy is cracking up and there's a little bit of smoke in the air. He said as soon as I opened it up, the guy's jaw dropped and he just sat there.
    Now I know the guy's got way more power than me, but I'm still feeling good that he felt he had to rev at me and challenge me in front of all the real Mopars, plus I apparently gave him a little shock. We get a few more blocks up the road and he gives me a little ricer flyby, cuts in front of me and gets in the far left lane to turn (on Tussing). My buddy and I laugh a little about how salty the guy is probably feeling that he didn't get to make me look bad, and I look over, catch his eye, give him a friendly nod and asshat turns his head away from me. Ok, no problem, he's a complete dickhead, I get it.
    He makes his turn, we go straight and I turn left into a parking lot at the next light to turn around and go back to look for a spot to park and watch. Except that I can't get out of the lot the way I want to, so I decide to slip around behind the stores and come out a different way. We roll down to the end of the lot, I cut right behind the buildings and, out of nowhere, my brakes start making that horrible metal on metal noise that means I'm dropping more money into the car this weekend.
    We hit an Advance Auto Parts on the way back to my place drop $22, get home, and I shit you not, had the coupe up on stands, the brake pads replaced and had her back down and tightened up, center caps back on in less than fifteen minutes. I have never seen a faster brake job. Plus, since I've had the car, I've thought I had a little air in the lines, the pedal has always felt soft, the guy I got her from said they've always felt soft. I now have less than an inch of pedal travel (I used to have a good three, maybe four). It feels like I could stand her on her nose if I wanted.

That's it, just a good night with the coupe. I might take her back out tomorrow night and try to see some American muscle finally.

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
    That's it, just a good night with the coupe. I might take her back out tomorrow night and try to see some American muscle finally.
    what u talkin about? u seen a srt4

its funny that i was on tussing yertersday. where was the cruise?

Comment

When they come to town, all of Brice from Livingston to I-70 is Mopar-world. I almost didn't go over. Years ago I went through with another buddy in his (I think) 81 turbo Trans-Am Indy edition. They actually threw bottles at his car, and we were just trying to drive down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
        what u talkin about? u seen a srt4
        gtfo.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

I did my last brake job while on the phone with my drummer. It amazed me how fast I got it done. the first time I did it, it took me 2 hours. Now, 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            When they come to town, all of Brice from Livingston to I-70 is Mopar-world. I almost didn't go over. Years ago I went through with another buddy in his (I think) 81 turbo Trans-Am Indy edition. They actually threw bottles at his car, and we were just trying to drive down the road.
            thats a asskicking waiting to happen.

or kneecap getting blown out with a hollowpoint.

you dont violate someone else's car because its not a Dodge product.

big NO-NO.
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

We both felt the same way when it happened. He stopped the car and jumped out, but several of the Mopar guys had already cornered the guys that threw things and were giving them shit, and luckily there was a cop who saw it happen and he got involved.

My buddy and I got a kick out of the fact that the coupe didn't start grinding until after we were away from all the Mopars. I told him "She's Japanese. She understands that you don't bring dishonor to your family by showing weakness in the face of adversity."

Comment

Working...
              X