Cut stock springs on good shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
    You'll end up blowing your shocks, and your ride will be crappy.

Do it if you like, but I wouldnt ever recommend cutting stock springs.
    not true.cvc7chris is on cut springs and STOCK struts.and my car bounces around more then his does...his car is smoother....and i'm on full coilovers.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
      not true.cvc7chris is on cut springs and STOCK struts.and my car bounces around more then his does...his car is smoother....and i'm on full coilovers.
      That is all cool but after all those comments I decided not to... By the way... shouldn't you be getting your blood cloth treated or did you already do something about it?
      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
        I just got the car aligned about 2 weeks ago or so... Anyway if it doesn't work that way I'll just wait and buy it altogether. It's not much of a use to have Koni Shocks under your bed or pillow unless it can also gently absorb the weight of your head.

P.S What's wrong with the GC coilovers? At first I wanted to go TeinSS-P but a lot more people on here seemed to agree that Koni Yellows and GC coilovers is the ultimate setup.
        Coilover sleeves aren't a great setup ever... the GCs are Eibach springs, so at least they're quality... but they're adjustable... and not tuned to work as a whole unit. I'd recommend springs, like Neuspeed or H&R over any sleeves.

Tein Basics are alright. Tein SS are better. I still LOVE my Konis, though.

If you had the car aligned 2 weeks ago and you plan on lowering it, you just wasted your money. You HAVE to align it AFTER lowering, or you'll destroy your tires.
        Plan on getting a camber kit as well. The TASauto upper control arms are amazing (ingalls ball joints, poly bushings... fantastic... I love mine)

Comment

That is all cool but after all those comments I decided not to... By the way... shouldn't you be getting your blood cloth treated or did you already do something about it?
          haha damnit......no..i still haven't went.....

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

haha damnit......no..i still haven't went.....
            Dude. Get the fuck off the forum and get patched up
            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              If you had the car aligned 2 weeks ago and you plan on lowering it, you just wasted your money. You HAVE to align it AFTER lowering, or you'll destroy your tires.
              Plan on getting a camber kit as well. The TASauto upper control arms are amazing (ingalls ball joints, poly bushings... fantastic... I love mine)
              Camber kits are a good idea but toe is what you have to look out for, toe will eat ties, while camber causes uneven wear.
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                Camber kits are a good idea but toe is what you have to look out for, toe will eat ties, while camber causes uneven wear.
                Total newb question but... The guy at the alignment center was telling me about how he couldn't do a proper alignment because of a .5 degrees difference at the front cambers unless I get adjustable ball joints. Now... with a camber kit... can it be adjusted without the ball joints? Basically I just thought getting the shocks and coilovers and installing them would do the thing and I need nothing else besides an alignment so what's the deal. What do I really need?
                NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Dude. Get the fuck off the forum and get patched up
                  its oh so addicting!im' like a cb7tuner crackwhore!

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Total newb question but... The guy at the alignment center was telling me about how he couldn't do a proper alignment because of a .5 degrees difference at the front cambers unless I get adjustable ball joints. Now... with a camber kit... can it be adjusted without the ball joints? Basically I just thought getting the shocks and coilovers and installing them would do the thing and I need nothing else besides an alignment so what's the deal. What do I really need?
                    Camber kit is just for.... well camber. You don't need one unless your dropped more than 2" they say. If not toe is really the only adjustable thing (via outer tie ends).
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                      You'll end up blowing your shocks, and your ride will be crappy.

Do it if you like, but I wouldnt ever recommend cutting stock springs.
                      a TON of people in orlando still cut springs. it sorta bugs me

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

i was once young too,and i did all the stupid things you could do to a suspension. my cb i had burnt springs at one time. that sucked. you would think i would learn but then i got a eg coupe , i cut the springs, it was ok but not great. but now i matured (sike) and i finally learned.now i have a civic sedan. it had the worst suspension i have EVER seen. Slammed with burnt springs in the front and ebay coilovers in the back.can u imagine that.i last a week with that. i was in fear for my life. now im riding in kyb shocks and tein springs.really nice .

moral of the story is dont get cheap with your suspension.

Comment

i ride slammed all day erry day on ebay coilovers

shit is great.
                          峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                            i ride slammed all day erry day on ebay coilovers

shit is great.
                            hes not lying

Comment

Like doing anything cvc7chris will do is ever a good idea

Comment

its oh so addicting!im' like a cb7tuner crackwhore!
                                we need Deev to ban you for the day. go get fixed!!
                                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                                4.0L I-6 2WD
                                293k miles, still running strong.
                                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                X