Question or all you Canadians: DRLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question or all you Canadians: DRLs

Okay, I was driving in Dallas today and I saw a white 92-93 Accord EX sedan with old style Ontario plates on it. The car had high-beam daytime running lights. Is this something that was required by the government or was this optional? The folks driving the car looked in their 50s or 60s. The car looked completely stock otherwise.

What's that all aboot, eh? (sorry couldn't resist) No really, what's that all about?

I thought about putting this in the appearance/lighting section but thought twice about it.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

i believe all canadian cars are required to have DRLs (correct me if i'm wrong fellas). all canadian cars i've seen have DRLs standard. even looking at my owners manual, on the canadian models, there is a dash indicator that turns on if one of the high beam bulbs burn out. pretty neat i suppose.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i was gonna post the same thing too. i was driving and the lady in the oncoming lane turned and when she passed by, it was a white accord with oem fogs in pristine condition. Then i noticed the high beam DRL's . She looked about 60 y.o.
      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

canadian all have em..

i installed them on my car did my little custom setup....me and cpmike and one other dude on here.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X