Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    yea, it was a great learning experience and everything, but hopefully next time im removing the head it'll be because im doing an upgrade and not changing out some bent valves

How many times have you done it owequitit?

I've done it twice, luckily the first time the fuel cut off saved me and I was just bouncing of the rev limiter. The second time was what made me start that thread lol
    enough that I don't want to do it again.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
      to me my misshift was due to a mere shift knob

i was using a dc2 oem shift knob on top of a stock accord shifter. so i had this habit of pulling it to second from 3rd or even from 5th to 3rd.

so i did a 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th on WOT and over reved my shit and it blew up my clutch into pieces. my valves were still okay and i did a compression test. but i ended up paying 250 for a new clutch.

i switched over to a dc5 oem shift knob and i also shortened the shifter and i never had any problems ever since.

mines was due to me using my shifter as an anchor to stay still in my seat and hit a bump simultaneously while shifting to fourth and hit second....

I corrected that by putting my seat in better position and grabing the shifter over the top and pushing it straight down as oppose to grabing it from the side and accidentaly pulling it into 2nd instead of fourth.

I would've rather have done a clutch than a head job any day of the week, alittle more grunt work but doesn't require as much thought...

and LOL at owequitit, I know exactly how you feel.

Comment

it seems like short throw shifters play a role in this mis-shifting. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I had a short throw shifter in my car when I bent my valves, but I also miss shifted when I had the regular shifter in there too

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
            I tend to agree. The pattern is MUCH tighter. Generally speaking, I love my short shifter, but it is easy to not notice when you are hustling the shift.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              I have absolutely NO idea how Deevergote has avoided it, not once, but twice.

I'm not totally convinced that NO damage was done. I'd like to see leakdown results of that engine.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                oh most def. I'm sure

Comment

It is possible that people who are not good at shifting can contribute to missed shifts.....lol (just kidding, guys)

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                  After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                  Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                  PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                    I'm not totally convinced that NO damage was done. I'd like to see leakdown results of that engine.
                    I wouldn't be opposed to it either, although TYPICALLY, when the valves are bent, they are bent.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      I wouldn't be opposed to it either, although TYPICALLY, when the valves are bent, they are bent.
                      Very true. Hmmmm......The honda gods musta had something to do with this.

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                        i honestly think i saved it when i threw the shifter back into nutral as soon as i relized what happend.... i drove it home from work today and a co workers got a 2000 civic si.... he been talking about bustin my ass all night and the h22/f22 combo works just fine for taking out si civics.... and for that f22 got nothng after 3rd gear.... the hell if mine dont.... 3rd gear coming out of 100 and taking a little over 7.5 quick double clutch into 4th and keep it in vtec and it burrys the 130mph on the speedo and keeps pushing around so i dunno about the 4th gear being a fuel saver i know i havnt hit vtec in 5th yet though....
                        I will be the first to say a h22 accord should walk all over a 2000 si. I use to own a Si. They are great cars, but they are not a fast drag racing car without forced induction. No torque equals slow drag times.

Anyway I'm glad to hear you dodged the bullit this time.

Comment

Working...
                        X