I about Killed the H yesterday.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I about Killed the H yesterday.....

yea it sucked... there still might be damage but it seems to be running ok now.... anyways heres the story...

was coming out of 3rd gear hard... probally 7300 rpm and dont know how the hell i did it but i put it back in second instead of 4th... VRRMMMMMMMMMMMM holyshit knocked it back into netural as fast as i could.... engi light comes on and stays on seems to be driving on 3 cyclinders i drive to my friend 12gage house and get a paperclip to try and pull the code.... well i stick the paperclip in and the light gose off and dosent throw any codes at all.... so i take the paperclip out and fire the motor up still not getting a check engi light.... take her around the block and she seems to be fine again.... running just as strong as she was before.... i hope to god i never stick it in second like that again.... i think i got lucky... if not i was going to start pulling the motor back out last night....maybe a good idea to adjust the valve again? i did it before i stuck the motor in but after something like that would it be a good idea to readjust them

oh yea.. i did have the motor running when i was trying to pull the codes...
    Last edited by accord2nr81; 07-18-2008, 02:24 PM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

I think as long as you dont hit the rev limiter your ok

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

take care of it..

btw what happen to the GiF Signature i made ya a while back

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

i resized it for deev and the gif part stopped working

i a dunno if it it the limiter or not ... it soundded like it was tacking about 1400 rpm... like a streetbike or f1 car or something.... then it started driving all shitty like i said and i knew i had fucked it up..... but apperently not thank god....

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

maybe the knock sensor kicked sent a code to the ecu. i would imagine something like that would make that sensor go crazy

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

well i am still going to check all the valves probally monday after i get off work from the weekend shift... just went outside and iam not leaking any fluids and i got compression on all 4 cyclinders so hopefully i just confused a sensor like you said..... its all readding good as of now though

Comment

Owequitit did the same thing when he first got his H22. I can't remember if it was bad or not....but ask him what happened.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

hope you didnt bend anything....7300rpm, down to second is killer....

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yea no shit ... i got an extra h22 Head but iam trying to find a spare block and build that for h22 turbo setup..... i dont think anything mayjor fucked up and i think i got lucky i dunno yet though iam going to drive it a couple more days and see whats up

Comment

cpmike and owequitit have done this on a number of occasions, and both had to replace valves. Deevergote did it twice, and has so far dodged a bullet. So you could be ok, or you could be screwed. i would keep a close eye on it for a while.

for some reason it seems like the H22 is more prone to these misshifts for some reason. Maybe its just because its an accord forum, but i've never seen so many people do this anywhere else, and you never hear of people doing it with the f22. I wonder if the H22 gearbox has something to do with it.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

its using the f22 tranny

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                        its using the f22 tranny
                        Well shit, that puts a hole in my theory

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

im surprised nothing happened to the tranny

no
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
                            Well shit, that puts a hole in my theory
                            Maybe VTAK is too exciting and we forget how to drive?
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

bleh i remember my first vtec. It was just like the first time i had sex. all i could say was "That's it??"

no
                              $30 HID kits here Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X