Cops don't screw around in IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cops don't screw around in IN

Anyone here from IN(in Ft. Wayne/Warsaw area)? I'm here on business and got popped by a cop on I-30 going 10 over.. 65 in a 55. I got pulled over. Fortunately, he let me ride with just a warning but everyone here says cops are bad. I mean 65 wouldn't get you pulled over where I live for sure, it's gotta usually be 15 over on interstates before they mess with ya.

Cop asked if I knew how fast I was going. I said 60-something. He then said you were going 77 and asked if I was sure I was doing 60 something. I said I thought so. Then when he came back, he fessed up to my speed which was 67 not 77. So the prick lied too. But at least he let me go. I thanked him and creeped off.

Warning: They have instant on radar up here. My detector didn't go off until I was popped which is too late.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

sucks.. at least he fessed up to adding a bit to your speed. But i though most areas had instant on radar.

Comment

yeah, im from crawfordsville, and my mom still lives there and driving up there from kentucky is fun times. if you dont use your signal or if you go just a little too fast or anything, they will pull you over.
      damn hoosiers, oh wait, im one too.
      but yeah, the cops there do suck, i concur.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

In Allen and Dallas, TX (everyone in the area knows of Central Expressway and the big speed trap that it is) the motorcycle police like to sit underneath the bridges and nail you with laser. There's no evading laser. Once the clock you, you're clocked. Unless you can hit the brake pedal and have your kinetic energy reduced to the speed limit by the time the laser hits your car and bounces back to the gun, you're toast.
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
          In Allen and Dallas, TX (everyone in the area knows of Central Expressway and the big speed trap that it is) the motorcycle police like to sit underneath the bridges and nail you with laser. There's no evading laser. Once the clock you, you're clocked. Unless you can hit the brake pedal and have your kinetic energy reduced to the speed limit by the time the laser hits your car and bounces back to the gun, you're toast.
          Ive been down to I30 and up into OK on 75.. never seen that... thankfully
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
            Ive been down to I30 and up into OK on 75.. never seen that... thankfully
            I have to drive McKinney to Plano every day. 3 out of 7 days I see it in Allen at Exchange SB, in Plano under Legacy NB and SB, and under Plano Parkway NB on 75. Friday and Saturday nights- fuhgeddaboudit.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Consider it noted.

Thanks
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Ok to you guys heres a little advice.

Yes Accordiante,

The Kinetic energy will mess with radar...but for you stick drivers...

This is what I do, when you come up on cop car with a radar..you down shift, downshifting causes the radar to malfunction on them, or you can just shut the car off and put it in neutral as you roll by..i know it sound stupid but hey it works...i just recently learned this.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Ok to you guys heres a little advice.

Yes Accordiante,

The Kinetic energy will mess with radar...but for you stick drivers...

This is what I do, when you come up on cop car with a radar..you down shift, downshifting causes the radar to malfunction on them, or you can just shut the car off and put it in neutral as you roll by..i know it sound stupid but hey it works...i just recently learned this.
                  Does it work for all kinds of radar?

Comment

I can't see that down shifting would do that, just my opinion. Jamming the brakes hard is about the only thing I have seen that would work (I have a friend who is a cop - we experimented with the radar - a MDR Speedgun, K band). Usually by the time you see the cruiser you are screwed - nail the brakes, you don't have anything to lose. Also, the larger or more rectangular the vehicle is, the better the radar picks it up.
                    I wish radar detectors were legal here, but even so, my friends radar turns on and off, he see's a car, he turns it on, it goes by, he turns it off, waiting for his next victim.......
                    Anything is possible when you don't know what your talking about............

Comment

about that instant on feature on the radar gun all that is the cop has vg2 if the cop has vg2 he can tell if anyone around him has a detector or not just get a new detector with vg2 cloaking and i never heard the down shifting or shutting the car off and usually nailing the brakes pisses them off and they pull you over anyway i just slow down nice and easy that seems to work for me

Comment

when you see those signs telling you when you're speeding. play with them and you'll see the effect slowing down fast does. It screws up the readings.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                        Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                        Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                        Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Hey, I live in Columbia City, right inbetween Fort Wayne and Warsaw...and US 30 is a real pain in the ass for cops.. Its my county (whitley) that the cops are worst in... The state boys love this section, but from fort wayne to warsaw they love certian times of the month... i usially say 60mph is safe... 65 is pushing it around here.. I dont know why they're so shitty, but lets just say in 3 years i got 10pts on my liscense because they're that bad.... i drive like a little old lady now, 55 on 30... but i still get passed by everything under the sun....
                          Seattle Silver crew #5
                          Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                          ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Working...
                          X