Homemade paint booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade paint booth

Who has one? I'm looking forward to building one inside my gargage or something. Please post some shot if you have a homemade paint booth. Thanks.
    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

a co worker and i were talking about this once on how we could build a cheap one that was also portable. We don't have one built or anything but our idea consisted of cheap PVC piping , a bunch of three way joints, and the plastic used for insulatiing your home windows during the winter time.

The only thing we couldnt figure out was how to make a fan belt driven. by the way this was just a small booth that was table top or something.

Comment

well then check this out. http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Pain...in-Your-Garage
      91-accord

Comment

My biggest concern are the neighbors and the ventilation.
        91-accord

Comment

any thoughts on that? Anyone???
          91-accord

Comment

what's your concern about the neighbors?
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
              because evidently painting stuff is really really loud i guess..

Comment

probably cause where his gargage is, duh!! lol
                Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                  well, first of all, Ventilation of the hazardous fumes and proper deposing of paint chemicals and stuff. Only because my neighbors are sort of as$ho!Es

I mean, wouldn't they be able to report me to the cops if I don't proper ventilate the hazardous chemicals? And because I never to school for auto painting and crap, wouldn't I be in deeper sh!T?
                  91-accord

Comment

the only one that can get harmed from ventilation is you.. or unless you kidnapp your neighboours and put them in there with out a mask when your doing it.

Just throw a mask with a good charcoal canister on it and you'll be fine
                    R.I.P Mulberry Red Pearl 90'ex
                    SASKCB7 Tuner

Searching for a CB7, within 1000m of me

Comment

You will really need to think about your ventilation system, if your neighbors suspect anything they can and will report you. If you get reported you will not only have to deal with the police but also with the EPA. They are getting really sensitive about all this stuff. Look around your local area for a rentable paintbooth, there is one near me that rents for 150.00 for 48 hours, it includes a center downdraft fan and the such. Goodluck!

BTW pick up the book "painting your car on a budget" lots of good advice in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabe View Post
                        You will really need to think about your ventilation system, if your neighbors suspect anything they can and will report you. If you get reported you will not only have to deal with the police but also with the EPA. They are getting really sensitive about all this stuff. Look around your local area for a rentable paintbooth, there is one near me that rents for 150.00 for 48 hours, it includes a center downdraft fan and the such. Goodluck!

BTW pick up the book "painting your car on a budget" lots of good advice in there.
                        Thanks!
                        91-accord

Comment

you can do it at my house........ j/p......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

canopy and your back yard.

thats how i did it with my supra.

PLENTY of ventalation.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

my gf's dad has a paint booth in his garage

its basically like a giant shower curtain thats in a dome shape..
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X