Sig sizes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig sizes...

Ok, the babysitter is on break. Since the upgrade, the automatic sig-resizing isn't implemented. So, until Eric gets around to fixing that (or I get around to finding a way to do it) I'm going to have to ask people to... ***GASP*** Be responsible for their own signatures.

Please keep your sig no larger than 800 pixels wide and 300 pixels tall. This goes for all combinations of images AND text. I don't want to see 3 quotes, your vouch list (which shouldn't be there anyway), links to your MR thread, and your parts for sale (which ALSO shouldn't be there...) under a 800x300 image.

So, please... reduce the size of your sig. If your sig is too large, I will not simply remove it. I will remove your ability to have one at all.

Also, if you feel the urge to ask "is mine too big, deev?"... it's too big. If you have a doubt, or are looking for an exception, it's too big. If you're too lazy to measure it for yourself, I sure as hell am not going to waste my time doing it for you. If you ask, it will be removed.

Now, it's a pain in the ass to change the usergroup of everyone with an oversized sig. I really don't want to do that. So please... don't make me do it. Resize or remove your oversized sigs.

Thanks.

Also, please remember that no pictures of naked, near naked, or provocatively-posed people (men OR women) are allowed. People view this site at work, school, and at home in front of children, parents, and grandparents. Just because YOU like to have bouncy boobies under your name every time you post doesn't mean that everyone wants to see it. Such sigs will be handled the same way.

Was the sig size not originally 500 wide by 200 tall instead of 800x300?
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

how do you measure your sig? i dont know how.
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
        how do you measure your sig? i dont know how.
        I'm glad someone else asked.
        I didn't want my sig priveledges revokes for asking.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          I'm glad someone else asked.
          I didn't want my sig priveledges revokes for asking.
          hey im not asking if my sig is too big just asking how i measure it so i can stay in the guide lines
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate View Post
            Was the sig size not originally 500 wide by 200 tall instead of 800x300?
            It was 500x300, but I allowed 800, because most common resoultions will accept that in this forum format without requiring scrolling sideways.

Now it is 800w x 300t, firm.

To measure your sig size, you can right click on the image.
            Slick, your image is 640px × 160px. Perfectly fine.
            In fact, your sig is ideal. Decently sized image, leaving plenty of room for text underneath. The link to your items for sale does not say what they are (so PMs to buy won't be made), and someone would need to enter the Classifieds (by reading the sticky) to view them.

Josh, yours is about as tall as the rules allow. That's right about at 300.

As a guide, here is an image that is 800x300. There is no significance to the Corvette... just a good representation of the size.

Comment

No more bouncy boobies????!!!! Seriously. Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                It was 500x300, but I allowed 800, because most common resoultions will accept that in this forum format without requiring scrolling sideways.

Now it is 800w x 300t, firm.

To measure your sig size, you can right click on the image.
                Slick, your image is 640px × 160px. Perfectly fine.
                In fact, your sig is ideal. Decently sized image, leaving plenty of room for text underneath. The link to your items for sale does not say what they are (so PMs to buy won't be made), and someone would need to enter the Classifieds (by reading the sticky) to view them.
                cool i learned something new today

im going to bookmark this so when i see someone with a big sig ill just pm them the link

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                  cool i learned something new today

im going to bookmark this so when i see someone with a big sig ill just pm them the link
                  Good thinking. They'll get a warning from you... They'll lose their sig from me

It would be a big help if people would inform each other as well. I'm not going to PM everyone with an oversized sig, check to see if they read it, and then hope they remove it... only to have to do it myself 3 days later. There's just WAY too much going on here to waste my time doing that. The rules have been there for a long long time now... That IS the warning.

I'm making this announcement to let people know that they won't be allowed to have a sig at all (until I feel they got the point...) if they do not follow the rules. It's not a permanent thing, yet... which is why it's just a post, and hasn't been added to the rules officially yet.

Comment

Good thinking. They'll get a warning from you... They'll lose their sig from me
                    i almost spit out my water on my laptop when i read that

Comment

Wowsers, I think mine is right under 800x300
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Josh, yours is about as tall as the rules allow. That's right about at 300.

As a guide, here is an image that is 800x300. There is no significance to the Corvette... just a good representation of the size.
                        Yeah, I just checked mine.
                        I'll mess with it tonight after work.

That pic of the Vette is HUGE!
                        That's no sig pic, that's almost a wallpaper pic.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                          Wowsers, I think mine is right under 800x300
                          682x200

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                            682x200
                            Your image alone is 240 tall. The text brings it right up to about 300.

I realize that people have different text sizes set on their browsers, so I will understand if things are slightly off... However, my resolution and text size is pretty small... so if it's too large on MY screen, it's definitely too large on someone else's!

Comment

i just tried to resize mine threw photo bucket.... its supposivle right under 800x300 but i would like it more like 400x150 or something like that

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                              Originally posted by deevergote.
                              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Working...
                              X