No announcement yet.

Spread the NSX love ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason for Ferrari's waiting list is the prestige. The NSX has a certain level of prestige, but certainly nowhere near that of a Ferrari... ANY Ferrari. Only recently are people truly beginning to give Japanese cars anywhere near the credit that European high-dollar cars get... and they're still pretty far behind.

The NSX was to the supercar world when it was released what the Civic and Accord were to the standard consumer market in their earlier years (before they became definitive players in their respective markets). Affordable, reliable, and competitive on the most basic levels with other cars in the same class.

The NSX did not get you a Ferrari for under $100,000. However, it got you more Ferrari for $70,000 than you would ever get from a Ferrari dealer.

And yes, the NSX (as well as some of the other pricier, more performance-oriented Japanese cars) did have a HUGE influence on the build quality of the European cars. If your Ferrari seriously broke down after 20,000 miles (which is a LOT of miles for a Ferrari), then the Japanese cars that were still running around with nothing but regular maintenance would be making them look REALLY bad.

Comment

OK, now i LOVE the NSX, but from what I know, it is just a overrated car hyped up by Honda Fanboy's.

I would love to have one, but it would not be my first choice out of that era of supercars. I would much rather have a Ferrari 355. Or a lotus esperit. But is just seems that honda fanboys are making it seem like its something its not. Its not fast. But it is goot around the corners.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

NSX= the DD supercar.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          The main reason for Ferrari's waiting list is the prestige. The NSX has a certain level of prestige, but certainly nowhere near that of a Ferrari... ANY Ferrari. Only recently are people truly beginning to give Japanese cars anywhere near the credit that European high-dollar cars get... and they're still pretty far behind.

The NSX was to the supercar world when it was released what the Civic and Accord were to the standard consumer market in their earlier years (before they became definitive players in their respective markets). Affordable, reliable, and competitive on the most basic levels with other cars in the same class.

The NSX did not get you a Ferrari for under $100,000. However, it got you more Ferrari for $70,000 than you would ever get from a Ferrari dealer.

And yes, the NSX (as well as some of the other pricier, more performance-oriented Japanese cars) did have a HUGE influence on the build quality of the European cars. If your Ferrari seriously broke down after 20,000 miles (which is a LOT of miles for a Ferrari), then the Japanese cars that were still running around with nothing but regular maintenance would be making them look REALLY bad.
          There is a WHOLE lot more to Ferraris than "prestige."
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
            OK, now i LOVE the NSX, but from what I know, it is just a overrated car hyped up by Honda Fanboy's.

I would love to have one, but it would not be my first choice out of that era of supercars. I would much rather have a Ferrari 355. Or a lotus esperit. But is just seems that honda fanboys are making it seem like its something its not. Its not fast. But it is goot around the corners.
            It is pretty much every bit as fast as that F355 you so covet, so what does that make the Ferrari? I guess it makes it not fast... It must just be being hyped up by Ferrari fanboys.

P.S. You are considering the car out of context. If you consider it by today's standards, then no it isn't fast. However, if you consider it in the time that it actually existed, it was fast. Faster than Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, any BMW M car, most Ferraris, some Lambos etc. The Corvette couldn't even touch it until it was over 7 years old. It would have given any stock GT-R a run for its money at any given time at any given venue, and it would outrun the 3000GT, the 300ZX TT, and a whole slew of other cars I can think of, so please define "not fast" for me. Because a 12 second car stock is pretty fast, and it was REALLY fast for the day. And all that with nothing more than a little 3.2 liter NA V6, with less than 300HP. The only Japanese car of the era I can think of that was as pure, as fast and as track ready was the RX-7TT, and it just didn't have the exotic part.

The NSX is every bit a true exotic. The look, the sound, the performance, and the hand craftsmanship, the rarity.

And just to put fast into a historical perspective, do you realize that most stock muscle cars from the 60's and 70's would have a hard time outrunning a stock V6 Accord 6 speed? And they would pretty much all have their ass handed to them on a racetrack that has curves? Fast is relative, and in the context of its time, it was fast.

Besides, if you don't think an NSX can be fast, watch those little videos I posted. Honda "fanboys" might be into the car, but at least they aren't ignorant to what it is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              It is pretty much every bit as fast as that F355 you so covet, so what does that make the Ferrari? I guess it makes it not fast... It must just be being hyped up by Ferrari fanboys.

P.S. You are considering the car out of context. If you consider it by today's standards, then no it isn't fast. However, if you consider it in the time that it actually existed, it was fast. Faster than Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, any BMW M car, most Ferraris, some Lambos etc. The Corvette couldn't even touch it until it was over 7 years old. It would have given any stock GT-R a run for its money at any given time at any given venue, and it would outrun the 3000GT, the 300ZX TT, and a whole slew of other cars I can think of, so please define "not fast" for me. Because a 12 second car stock is pretty fast, and it was REALLY fast for the day. And all that with nothing more than a little 3.2 liter NA V6, with less than 300HP. The only Japanese car of the era I can think of that was as pure, as fast and as track ready was the RX-7TT, and it just didn't have the exotic part.

The NSX is every bit a true exotic. The look, the sound, the performance, and the hand craftsmanship, the rarity.

And just to put fast into a historical perspective, do you realize that most stock muscle cars from the 60's and 70's would have a hard time outrunning a stock V6 Accord 6 speed? And they would pretty much all have their ass handed to them on a racetrack that has curves? Fast is relative, and in the context of its time, it was fast.

Besides, if you don't think an NSX can be fast, watch those little videos I posted. Honda "fanboys" might be into the car, but at least they aren't ignorant to what it is capable of.
              I never denied that. They were a miracle and a awe, back in the day, but according to todays standards, they really are nothing special other than the design. As of right now, they are overpriced, and not worth the price of what they are being asked for tight now.

And the only reason I would have the Ferrari is becasue it is in a different class, and I think it is on of the Best looking ferraris ever, other than the testarossa.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
                I never denied that. They were a miracle and a awe, back in the day, but according to todays standards, they really are nothing special other than the design. As of right now, they are overpriced, and not worth the price of what they are being asked for tight now.

And the only reason I would have the Ferrari is becasue it is in a different class, and I think it is on of the Best looking ferraris ever, other than the testarossa.
                If you hold old cars to today's performance standards, then why do you own what you own? That's ridiculous. You may as well buy a new car and stick with it.

And they must not be overpriced, because they aren't just being listed for those prices, they are being SOLD at those prices, so clearly they aren't overpriced, or nobody would be buying them.

And I disagree about the "today's standards" comment. They might not be special in a straight line (high 12's stock, with 50WHP and mid 12 just a few bolt ons away) is a quick car even by today's standards (a standard Vette runs about 12's, some GT-Rs have run in the 12's, many Vipers, other than the new 600HP version run 12's). So I guess by "today's standards" it is not "fast" but is certainly acceptable, and it will run with pretty much all of those cars on a track that has more than straight lines. Obviously, it is now an 18 year old design and is no longer state of the art, but it will still run, even by todays standards. Tops out at 170MPH too. Not a record breaker, but certainly in the ballpark with a lot of other "fast cars."

Really, I was giving the benefit of the doubt in the last post. For an 18 year old car it will still do pretty impressive things. It is an arbitrary double standard to say "this car that runs 12's and has a top speed near 170 is fast, but that one isn't."

Is it the fastest car in the world? No. Does it have a lot to offer at the price? Yes. Show me another 18 year old super car that is running around and clocking 100K+ with nothing more than gas, oil changes and minor routine maintenance like timing belts etc. Also by today's standards, the redline is still up there, which would imply a high strung engine which shouldn't run that long trouble free, and yet it does.

Also, since we I am in the mood to ask questions, what makes the Ferrari worth the money, and not an equally well performing NSX?

Comment

Not a fan of the new nsx with the front head lights. Still love the older ones with the frog eyes.

Comment

zenki NSX> kouki NSX......yup

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                      zenki NSX> kouki NSX......yup
                      jdm words are cooler than uk/usdm words.

Id love to get an NSX if I had the money. I like exotics and I like Japanese cars. This is really the only one thats both..that made it stateside anyway.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

had to dig this thread up.. i felt it was my duty
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...nsx+sounds+sex

Comment

team top end all the way. id shit my pants if i ran into this bunch on the freeway
                          Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 07-13-2008, 10:59 PM.

Comment

For old times sake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKal2yiPLIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOhVFDCfD-8

Comment

This set of vids is AWESOME. Same guy that did the Lexus SC vids that lildcb7 posted awhile back, which was also an awesome set of vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNwxz...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-CEV...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDQbh9ELZlk

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                Also, since we I am in the mood to ask questions, what makes the Ferrari worth the money, and not an equally well performing NSX?
                                The fact that in the end its a Ferrari, and not a Acura.

Dude, I know you love NSX's. I just think they are fetching to much with it them going for what? Over $40gs? I would get one if they were around the $20-25k area, which is what JDM ones go for in much better condition with less clicks on the odometer

Comment

Working...
                                X