Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Who else thinks the GTR looks like shit?
      That GTR looks like a fuzzy koala next to the NSX, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
        So now me liking the Ferrari over the nsx has something to do with the size of my dick?
        No, you clearly didn't read and understand the entire statement. Please read it again.

YOU said your reason for preferring the Ferrari was "in the end it is a Ferrari." That has NOTHING to do with the virtues of the car itself, only the name. That statement makes you sound like the other douches that buy the car for the name.

Like I already said, buying a Ferrari doesn't make you a dickhead if you do it for the RIGHT reason. Buying it because "it is a Ferrari" isn't the right reason.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          Some people might just like the look/sound of a Ferrari more?

Cars are more than numbers...
          Yes, they very much are. I prefer the sound of an F355 over an NSX any day. But the stated reason was "because it is a Ferrari." That implies that it has nothing to do with anything other than a name that implies "status."

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            Who else thinks the GTR looks like shit?
            I like the GTR.

Comment

listen to that NSX

Comment

"because it's a Ferarri" is a perfectly reasonable answer. Ferarri is not just a name, it's a heritage. Ferarri was born in racing, the first year they built cars (1947) was they first year they won a race. Ferarri is all about power, speed, handling, and extreme luxury. They have incredible sounding exhausts, amazing interiors, handbuilt engines, telepathic transmissions and beautiful sheetmetal. so yea, "because it's a Ferarri" is a good reason.

IMHO, I'd rather have a Murcielago LP640
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  I like the GTR.
                  as do i
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1 View Post
                    "because it's a Ferarri" is a perfectly reasonable answer. Ferarri is not just a name, it's a heritage. Ferarri was born in racing, the first year they built cars (1947) was they first year they won a race. Ferarri is all about power, speed, handling, and extreme luxury. They have incredible sounding exhausts, amazing interiors, handbuilt engines, telepathic transmissions and beautiful sheetmetal. so yea, "because it's a Ferarri" is a good reason.

IMHO, I'd rather have a Murcielago LP640
                    Most people who make that statement don't appreciate anything you just stated, which is why I made the comment I did. Like I said, I love Ferraris. But the badge really has nothing to do with it. It is all those things you mentioned. Yes, the badge is representative of that heritage, but there are 2 distinct groups of Ferrari lovers. Those who buy it because of the actual heritage, and those who buy it because they somehow think the name builds them up. The ones who buy the cars for the heritage, usually appreciate the driving qualities, the soul, the mechanical melodies etc. They also tend to appreciate anything that offers similar traits. The second group only cares that it gets them noticed in traffic, or that it makes them feel better than you. Case in point, and don't flame me for pointing to this, the Ferrari guy in FnF 1 was an example of the 2nd type, and they DO exist unfortunately. One reason so many people have an unfavorable opinion of the brand.

I am not insinuating that JohnD1079 necessarily falls into that group, but that is how his statement of "because its a Ferrari" sort of came across. When asked why, which was an honest open ended question, he didn't mention the incredible sounding exhausts, amazing interiors, handbuilt engines, telepathic transmissions and beautiful sheetmetal.

Also, I don't know if you have ever had time to experience an NSX in person, but it actually offers all of those things as well.

The main criticism of it has always been the "Accord interior" but that actually stems more from its usefullness and ergonomic simplicity than the actual design. It is certainly equivalent to Ferrari interiors of the day. Only recently has Ferrari really upped the game on interiors with the bare metal, hand stitched suede, leather, alacantara, carbon fiber etc. The F360 really started the trend to the current Ferrari, but even it stradled the line a bit. The F430, the 599 and the 612 are really the cars that brought Ferrari interiors into the realm of amazing.
                    Last edited by owequitit; 07-15-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Id say the NSX is just as much nostalgic as the Supra early to mid-90s sports cars that still look good even if they reach the ripe old age of 15.

It's a throwback for our generation if you really think about it, our fathers or grandfathers had the cars from their days and we have ours.

I have a picture of this car that I took this past December:

Turns out the owner of this NSX works with my gf at her work. From what I've heard it's pretty fast and yes he daily drives it and it even sees the harsh New England weather. My gf kinda understands my fascination and desire for one of these beauts.

Easy to maintain probably gets a better MPG than a Ferrari and still looks good even if it's a 91.

A car like this I would sure as hell daily drive, I mean with an aluminum body? Hell yeah I would drive it during the winter too, since they don't rust. Plus throwing out the rear end would seem like fun to me

My all Four Season daily driver.
                      Last edited by HenRoc; 07-15-2008, 12:50 AM.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

they dont rust but aluminum has its own weather woes

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X