Spread the NSX love ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
    The fact that in the end its a Ferrari, and not a Acura.

Dude, I know you love NSX's. I just think they are fetching to much with it them going for what? Over $40gs? I would get one if they were around the $20-25k area, which is what JDM ones go for in much better condition with less clicks on the odometer
    If you buy a Ferrari for the performance, you are an enthusiast. If you buy a Ferrari because it "in the end it is a Ferrari and not a Acura" then you are nothing more than all of the other douche bags that buy one to make their penis look bigger next to a small car.

Complain about the price all that you want, the fact that the market is supporting those prices says all that needs to be said. Simple capitalism, free market economics and supply and demand. I can cover those if you wish. Oh, and the 3.2L models with a 6 speed can reach up into the $60's for a pristine model, and they STILL sell. Besides, if you knew how much it cost to maintain Ferraris, you would see that even at $60K the NSX is STILL a bargain.

Also, to say that the price is XXX in Japan, and so they are overpriced here is retarded. Japan has a completely different set of circumstances than the US does. Part of the reason that used cars over there are so cheap is because it is prohibitively expensive to hang onto an old one. I.E. Nobody wants older cars because of the cost, so they buy new ones every few years. NSX's are no exception as the Japanese government doesn't care what kind of car it is.

Ferrari is another brand I would buy in a heartbeat, but my motivation for it is completely different than yours. I would track the shit out of mine, and wouldn't give two shits if anybody paid attention to me driving it. In other words the prancing horse on the hood wouldn't have anything to do with my penis size.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
      OK, now i LOVE the NSX, but from what I know, it is just a overrated car hyped up by Honda Fanboy's.

I would love to have one, but it would not be my first choice out of that era of supercars. I would much rather have a Ferrari 355. Or a lotus esperit. But is just seems that honda fanboys are making it seem like its something its not. Its not fast. But it is goot around the corners.

You cannot be serious.Overrated? You wanna talk overrated talk MKIV supra. I say the same shit everytime stuck up elites rag on corvettes. Its the exact same thing with the NSX, the main difference here though is that the NSX is an even better alternative "overall" to those ultra pricey super cars than the vette is. I normally point out vette performance numbers, but with the ac its just as daily driveable as it is a serious performer. Not to mention built to above standard. IMO that makes it better.

I fight all the time with rednecks at work about suzuki cruisers vs harley davidson. Same deal. In respect to Ferrari the NSX is damn close, it IS the japanese Ferrari. I'd have a ridiculously hard time choosing between a 1990 NSX and a R34 GTR. They are so different and have many variables. The ac is a Honda and the R34 IS bulletproof. Both are better than at least 75% of euro supercars in both price and performance. I would pick an early 90s NSX over most Ferraris and pretty much all Lotuses. .

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        NSX= the DD supercar.
        Very true..plus you can walk into any parts store just to get basic maintenance parts.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
          If you buy a Ferrari for the performance, you are an enthusiast. If you buy a Ferrari because it "in the end it is a Ferrari and not a Acura" then you are nothing more than all of the other douche bags that buy one to make their penis look bigger next to a small car.

Complain about the price all that you want, the fact that the market is supporting those prices says all that needs to be said. Simple capitalism, free market economics and supply and demand. I can cover those if you wish. Oh, and the 3.2L models with a 6 speed can reach up into the $60's for a pristine model, and they STILL sell. Besides, if you knew how much it cost to maintain Ferraris, you would see that even at $60K the NSX is STILL a bargain.

Also, to say that the price is XXX in Japan, and so they are overpriced here is retarded. Japan has a completely different set of circumstances than the US does. Part of the reason that used cars over there are so cheap is because it is prohibitively expensive to hang onto an old one. I.E. Nobody wants older cars because of the cost, so they buy new ones every few years. NSX's are no exception as the Japanese government doesn't care what kind of car it is.

Ferrari is another brand I would buy in a heartbeat, but my motivation for it is completely different than yours. I would track the shit out of mine, and wouldn't give two shits if anybody paid attention to me driving it. In other words the prancing horse on the hood wouldn't have anything to do with my penis size.
          So now me liking the Ferrari over the nsx has something to do with the size of my dick?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

JohnD1079, that's fine that you'd rather have the Ferrari 355 over the NSX, but why? Every NSX owner that has previously owned a Ferrari or Porsche would rather drive and own the NSX. The Ferrari and NSX are even as far as performance is concerned, not hp. The NSX has Honda reliability, cheaper maintenance than Ferrari and cheaper parts. So if they're pretty much even, why pay more for a Ferrari unless your obsessed with them only because they're Ferrari's.

Comment

That's also what ticks me off, "who has the most HP." I get tired of hearing about how a new and cheaper car could kill a classic like the NSX. Honestly who gives a shit. More HP doesn't mean better car. (aimed at people in general, not cb7tuner's)

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                JohnD1079, that's fine that you'd rather have the Ferrari 355 over the NSX, but why? Every NSX owner that has previously owned a Ferrari or Porsche would rather drive and own the NSX. The Ferrari and NSX are even as far as performance is concerned, not hp. The NSX has Honda reliability, cheaper maintenance than Ferrari and cheaper parts. So if they're pretty much even, why pay more for a Ferrari unless your obsessed with them only because they're Ferrari's.
                Some people might just like the look/sound of a Ferrari more?

Cars are more than numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                  This might be true but I am obsessed with Honda's although I have my reasons and it isn't due to the size of my penis...

Honda seems to bring the most advanced and cutting edge technology to the N/A world both in racing and in production vehicles. If Ferrari built a $30,000 car capable of running mid 13 second quarter miles with just a few bolt ons (RSX-S) and brought racing technology (VTEC) to everyday people for that price I would buy one. (especially if they did it with a 2.0 L)

The NSX is amazing for what it is (3.2L) honestly think about what they are competing with and doing with that size engine.

There is a difference between brute force and finesse, and although both Farrari and NSX have them both to me the NSX uses more finesse and thats what I am interested in.

would I turn down a Ferrari... No, but I would buy an NSX before I bought one.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Comment

Ok yeah, back to sweet pictures of NSX's, lol.

Comment

Comment

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
                          www.esodraggers.com

Comment

lol at the ferrari vs nsx

even though the nsx is just an "acura"

just saying you own an nsx is pretty almighty if you ask me. :shrugs:

i love the nsx styling. i hope to own one some day, and return it in its prestine mode. after watching my collection of best motoring, some nsxs with over 100k still perform brand new or even better.

assured that the previous years the technology on the nsx is out dated, but as in quality of the build, that is what really counts.

quality build and one of a kind body backed with hp, track numbers and appraisals is what makes the car priced soo high. if you ask me i still think owning a 1992 nsx for over 30k is still worth it.

Comment

Comment

Who else thinks the GTR looks like shit?
                                wat?

Comment

Working...
                                X