Spread the NSX love ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandman61377 View Post
    Who says the NSX is slow by today's standards? The ZR1 runs the quarter in 11.7. The NSX, owequitit said, high 12's stock. A ~1 second difference between a supercharged V8 with 633hp in an all fiberglass/carbon fiber body and a n/a 3.2l six in an aluminum body. Does that sound slow?
    The NSX is definetly not slow. I dont know where that came from. 11.3 seconds for the ZR1.The last gen Type R does high 12's on a good day. I also think traction might be a bit of factor here because if we went with 1/4mile times as the end all be all then the downgraded Z06 is also less that a second behind.

Actually in some cases its just as fast as a ZR1 and in one case that I know of its faster. A lot of these overly powered cars have problems breaking 10s. Past the 1/4 mile the vette will take off like the discovery STS 119. This is not a good comparison for the NSX.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman61377 View Post
      Who says the NSX is slow by today's standards? The ZR1 runs the quarter in 11.7. The NSX, owequitit said, high 12's stock. A ~1 second difference between a supercharged V8 with 633hp in an all fiberglass/carbon fiber body and a n/a 3.2l six in an aluminum body. Does that sound slow?
      I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. ANYTHING that runs the 1/4 in less than mid 13's is fast. Really, by THAT day's standards, anything that ran it less than 15 seconds was fast. Even today, the NSX is quite fast, especially considering that it has less than 300HP. Yeah, there are faster supercars, but they have what 500-700HP? To further substantiate that, even by TODAY'S standards, anything with a top speed over 150MPH is fast. The NSX topped out at just less than 170MPH for the lower models and probably closer to 175 for the NSX-R and such. That is also a magnificent achievement for how much HP it has.

Also, for the record, trap speed is a more accurate indicator of potential HP. The Vette ZR-1 is trapping in the 125-130MPH range, while the NSX traps in the 105-110 range, so the ZR-1 DOES hold an acceleration advantage, but then again, there is no reason why it shouldn't.

If you look at it subjectively, the NSX is still an amazing car by all technical measures. The fact that Honda released it 20 years ago, is just simply amazing.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

GREAT post..ill be posting in here in another 18-24 months!!!!! loll =/

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
        I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

who cares what fast is...if you drive a schwinn a kcar will seem fast. are you guys forgetting that were driving accords, and some of you have the nerve to say the nsx aint fast. right, haha

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I've been a member of NSXPrime for a while now. I can't wait till I purchase my own, I'll drive it every day

Some lines from the community:

- "I still call it the entire package. Reliability, economy, good looks, good sounds, purebred heritage."

- "There really is a presence with the nsx. It's kinda weird really. I mean you can't even pull into a gas station without people staring, asking questions, wondering what it is... I love that."

- "I drove everything at or below NSX's price range. This includes cars from Porsches to Corvettes. The NSX was the only car that I actually felt satisfied with."

- "driving the NSX is like ballroom dancing with a very skilled, nimble, balanced responsive partner... everything you do works better, and you can find yourself discovering things you wouldn't with another partner- plus, it just feels right- all the time."

Comment

More pics

Comment

Comment

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dggtsppm_6cgtnscht

An exerpt from Gordon Murray, the creator of the McLaren F1, and the NSX's effect on his supercar.

Oddly, after driving the NSX, Murray TWICE approached Honda about building the powerplant for the McLaren F1, and they refused TWICE. Imagine how things would have been different had they actually built that engine. As it is, the rest is history, and BMW went on to power those cars.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1990accordex-r View Post
                      Roof has been painted, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                        Roof has been painted, lol.
                        it is a foreign NSX. I believe they got that option early on.

Comment

Bringing this thread back with some more pics...beautiful

Best NSX video of all time?

Revolution fixed headlights...soo F'n cool.

Comment

Some more. The white NA1 is one of my all-time favorites.

Comment

Working...
                            X