No announcement yet.

Spread the NSX love ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has always been a place in my heart for the NSX.

The last one I saw in person was at the Elite Summer Nationals Carshow/Drift compitition last year in Spartanburg SC. Some guy was trying to drift a stock NSX. It wasn't pretty. That guy should have been shot for what he did to that poor car.

Pics are at the bottom of the page...http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112042

There was also a nice red one somewhere in there.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
      But hey, at the end of the day, you can always just take it to a honda dealer for maintenance! Hard to say that for other cars of this caliber. I freakin love the sound of the nsx setup. There is an amazing red nsx that lives around here. Everytime I see it it makes me happy,lol.
      Me and Alex saw one around your area(auburn).

But am I the only one that doesn't think NSX's aren't all that?j

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        Me and Alex saw one around your area(auburn).

But am I the only one that doesn't think NSX's aren't all that?j
        No, up here in Bellingham. If you saw (and heard) it, I'm sure you'd love it, haha.

Comment

I have heard em. I've seen them in person. They're alright.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

found mine, and its a auto
            yay i cant srive stick worth a shit anyways
            http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/acu...a&distance=any

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
              found mine, and its a auto
              yay i cant srive stick worth a shit anyways
              http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/acu...a&distance=any
              NO AUTOS I will always hate AT's in sports cars.

Comment

i can't wait to finish school. the first thing i would do is buy an nsx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeBwpyGa0Zk
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                  Yes I know that there are still NSXs on the track, but as time passes, the chassis will just continue to weaken. It is extremely difficult to stregthen an aluminum chassis, especially when it's old.
                  Yes, but it was designed to last many hundreds of thousands of miles. That was one of the design criteria. They don't just break down with age as much as they break down with use.

Also, it should be noted for the record, that it is entirely possible to design an aluminum car to last for many decades. Aluminum IS more subject to fatigue, which is why they use thicker extrusions and stampings than they would with steel, which negates some of the potential weight savings. Even though aluminum is 40% lighter than steel, this is why aluminum chassis are only 20-30% lighter than their equivalent steel counterparts. They need more material in the load carrying areas.

Take airplanes for instance. There are 40-50 year old aluminum airplanes running around that fly 10+ hours a day everyday, and get pumped up and deflated like a balloon everytime. They encounter forces an NSX would only see in a collision that totaled the car, and in many cases, the aluminum skin is only marginally thicker than that of a soda can.

It should also be noted that aluminum is more subject to corrosion in most cases than fatigue. Yes, any chassis is going to loosen with age (NSX and steel cars included) but it will take far longer than 15 years.

Hell, Honda designed the engine to last LONGER than 150,000 miles at full load. Knowing that the car MIGHT be driven 10K miles a year, and 150,000 miles at full load might translate into 400K+ at normal loads, do you really think they just threw together a chassis that would only last 15 years? That isn't Honda's style today, and it certainly wasn't back then. Especially not with their flagship supercar.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

To be honest, I am disappointing that the supposedly new NSX is going to be a front engine, all wheel drive car with 550hp. I don't want a GT-R competitor, I want a NSX. At least they kept it N/A, but the price (EST $170k) isn't going to make it easy to own.
                    p12 on sale:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post2245646
                    Bisimoto Heat-shielding Intake Manifold Gasket and Rear Engine Motor Mount for sale:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...95#post2246795

Comment

Originally posted by akburst510 View Post
                      To be honest, I am disappointing that the supposedly new NSX is going to be a front engine, all wheel drive car with 550hp. I don't want a GT-R competitor, I want a NSX. At least they kept it N/A, but the price (EST $170k) isn't going to make it easy to own.
                      agree with you about just being an nsx. to me Honda makes a car with soul and passion. I guess they compete with other cars yes, but firstly they build something damn unique, everything else just falls into place. thats why alot of people who play the numbers game, just dont get Honda or its not for them

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        Take airplanes for instance. There are 40-50 year old aluminum airplanes running around that fly 10+ hours a day everyday, and get pumped up and deflated like a balloon everytime. They encounter forces an NSX would only see in a collision that totaled the car, and in many cases, the aluminum skin is only marginally thicker than that of a soda can.

It should also be noted that aluminum is more subject to corrosion in most c
                        I'd like to know which plane this is so I can avoid it. Hm,m.. Maybe I should avoid planes all together.

Comment

The NSX is pure sex. I haven't ever even been next to one, it's always been me seeing them driving the opposite way down the highway or something but I love that car.

Comment

i see one almost every weekend, i dont know if I have posted pic on here. Ill see if i take some this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by akburst510 View Post
                              1) The price is over inflated. It would have come in somewhere around, to just north of the ZR-1. Probably around $115K.

2) The NSX "replacement" was designed the way it was for very specific cost reasons. It was to share major chassis components with Acura's new top line RWD sedan, and was also going to spawn a new engine family to include an HO V8 for said sedan. The FR layout was in keeping with the design of future Acura cars below it to save costs, and probably to connect the flagship from a marketing perspective. It is more effective as a "halo" car if you can point to the RL and models below it and identify the fact that they share specific components. It also makes a little more sense to have a "touring" type supercar a'la the Ferrari 599GTB.

3) I was originally apprehensive about it as well, and then I saw this, and realized that it just didn't matter.

Whatever is under the skin of that thing is seriously fast. The prototype was running near record times, unofficially, in traffic, without a full aero package due to the camoflage.

4) In the end it doesn't matter, because it has been cancelled, or at least indefinitely delayed, which means for the time being, we get...nothing.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
                                But is just seems that honda fanboys are making it seem like its something its not. Its not fast.
                                Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                You are considering the car out of context. If you consider it by today's standards, then no it isn't fast.
                                Who says the NSX is slow by today's standards? The ZR1 runs the quarter in 11.7. The NSX, owequitit said, high 12's stock. A ~1 second difference between a supercharged V8 with 633hp in an all fiberglass/carbon fiber body and a n/a 3.2l six in an aluminum body. Does that sound slow?
                                Last edited by sandman61377; 02-28-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X