Spread the NSX love ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spread the NSX love ;)

Who else is completely obsessed with the NSX. Ever since I can remember the NSX has always been my dream car, the car that I'll be completely happy in forever. I want one so bad.

There have been multiple times when I've met an NSX owner that said his wife doesn't want him to own the car anymore and he'll sell it to me. UGH... I'm always like "get back to me in like 3-5 years"

I'm always trying to find reasons for why I like this car. There are a lot of people that will say the NSX is over rated and under powered. I've never ridden in an NSX but I've had some friends with parents that have owned one in the past. Coming from an NSX owner, I've been told it never really getthe credit it deserves. He's owned Porsche's all his life and the NSX is completely mad scares him more than any other car in it's class. But I'm always wanting some concrete reasons for justifying why the NSX is so awesome...

If anyone else goes completely bonkers for the NSX, post up. Or if you have some good stories with NSX's or owners, please share your love

TONS OF PICS >>>

Here's a couple quotes from NSX owners on why they purchased their car versus something else:

"I would say it's heritage. Have owned a Type R, an S at the moment and love them in every respect. The NSX has way too much Honda in it not to love it!!"

"What's keeping me is the way it drives,... I've driven Evo, STI, Z, G, S2000, Supra, cars that I considered buying but I never felt "in one" with the car"

"Looks captures the eyes, personality captures the heart"

Last edited by coletrain; 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM.

When i was living in Nashville, a neighbor of mine had an NSX and a TT Supra.

I got to talkin with him one day about it.
    He said pretty much the same thing as your guy did, It's underrated.
    He's owned muscle cars and other high powered imports.
    But, the NSX is still by far his fav and he said it as the only car to give him zero trouble maintanence wise.

I'm a big fan of the NSX.
    A very hot super car.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I am just happy it is returning to us in 2010. Oh, and that under powered complaint will not be justified in the new ones.

Since Honda has now become god of the 10 cylinder motor, they figured why not put one in a production car...

I am already beginning to suck up to Acura dealers in hopes of riding in one

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

NO 56K!

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/120.../123039#14.jpg

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I just joined NSXPrime to hopefully get more insight from the actual owners.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
              oh yes

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

I think it's so cool how the NSX is such an old design, but it will still turn heads. It's not necessarily a "fresh" design but it's still so hott.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post

Haha I just got a new background for my pc..
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Here's a long post from NSXPrime, so if anyone flames you for wanting an NSX, just recite this:

"The car is pretty classic. Timeless even.

When I was looking for a car, I paged through the 350Z's, Supra TT's, G35s... everything had a fatal flaw ( I wasn't even considering anything made stateside ).

When I happened upon the NSX, I noted a few things:

It's a Honda. Now, you could stop here and say well that means "reliability" but there's a few more good things that come with that.

Before I drove an NSX, I drove ( still do ) a 2000 Accord SE. When I stepped into the NSX for the first time, I instantly knew where everything was and what everything did because Honda keeps it simple.

Great build quality, ergonomic. Some may flame me for this, but if you were blindfolded and put into the seat and couldn't see the exterior, you couldn't tell it wasn't an Accord because of how nice it rides and how easy it is to drive.

The car was handbuilt and only a single pair of hands touched the engine.
                    The wheels are all forged and extremely light. The suspension resembles that of F1 state-of-the-art. Basically, it was an F1 car for the road.

I do agree with the statement above about envy. I've seen it firsthand.
                    They'll trash the car, but if you ever offered it as a trade to their car, they would take it in a heartbeat.

Why? Well there's more to a car than brute force. There has to be a connection between the road, your hands, and your brain.
                    The car has a "presence" if you will which can't hopelessly be matched by anything today short of Italian styling ( of which the NSX is derived ).

Some here would rather their car sound like a Ferrari. I ask why? I'd rather my car sound like an NSX. The exhaust note is subdued, but unique. Sound inside the cabin is very quiet surprisingly.

I still call it the "entire package". Reliability, economy, good looks, good sounds, purebred heritage."

Comment

NICE...if i had a frost white cb7..
                      i would do a 5 lug conversion and rock those rims..all day

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                        NICE...if i had a frost white cb7..
                        i would do a 5 lug conversion and rock those rims..all day
                        Most definitely

Comment

Last edited by coletrain; 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I know if I get an NSX, I'm not getting a GT-R... I keep thinking that a 92 NSX would be much easier to find, though!

One may be in my future... I've always loved them as well.

I once read something that said "The NSX is a Ferrari built by people who went to college"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              I once read something that said "The NSX is a Ferrari built by people who went to college"

Best quote of the month.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X