No announcement yet.

Its official, Paint and Swap time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice... I'm not usually a fan of red (or kitted cars for that matter) but the combination will be impressive. I can certainly appreciate that you're taking the time to do things right... and all yourself. I think you have one of the few primered, splotchy cars that I truly respect. Mainly because I know you aren't just settling with it as-is

Also, if you need any help with painting it yourself, talk to empera. He did his own paint (well, incomplete, but he started it at least!) before he sold his CB7. I'm pretty sure he did a decent job of it, considering he got $3500 for that shitbox of his (well, ok, it wasn't so bad... but the Supra is way better)

Comment

First, dont call her "patchwork, splotchy"...primered will work.

Second, S2000 Red, Swapped, Aired, Shaved, and Kitted, what can I say. Who else has it? Red must not be a popular color with you guys...

Third, I've been doing body work for a few years now, so the painting process will be a piece of cake.

When its done, then if you dont like the color and kit then you can whine, but dont mess up my ego right now, because it will look hot.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

so have you started any of this at all yet? and i like red i think its gonna look hot man
        cb7 sold
        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
          and i like red i think its gonna look hot man
          definitely

gonna still have the same wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
            so have you started any of this at all yet? and i like red i think its gonna look hot man
            Still getting the engine parts put together, almost done...

Bodywork/paint: about 80% of the bodywork is done, hopefully I can knock out alot this weekend and spray the last coat of primer.

After the primer, engine gets pulled, and cars gets pushed into the booth for the engine bays and jambs.

Then the F22B goes in, then back to the booth for the final paint.

Originally posted by accordzoom
            gonna still have the same wheels?
            Yea, for now. Those will be the DD wheels if/when I get some more. But I do have one secret plan that I've been waiting to do with them

Jay

Comment

I hate secrets!

lol

Comment

red is da badest color ever!! i love red i think red n black are da best colors for a car

Comment

Originally posted by Jay187
                  red is da badest color ever!! i love red i think red n black are da best colors for a car

funny you said that, I was going to do a red/black two tone scheme...but that would take even longer... so maybe next year I might redo it.

Jay

Comment

nice... i have a red accord too but mines the stock red color i think the code is r-53

Comment

kinda random but i was wondering, how much paint do you need for just a trunk? how many coats do you think is good?

cuz my friend wants to repaint his trunk (stock color is nighthawk black) so is 16oz enuf?

nm, it says it can cover 20 square feet so i think we are good.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Update Time

Finally got a free day, so heres what I did:

spent about 4hrs removing it, but that dang heater hose took up about 1 and 45 mins , so I didnt get much else done...

Jay

Comment

cant wait for the finished product
                          Cause im da Honda Man!! yadadameen

R.I.P. 92 4dr lx

Newborn- 05 v6 coupe

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                            Second, S2000 Red, Swapped, Aired, Shaved, and Kitted, what can I say. Who else has it? Red must not be a popular color with you guys...

Jay
                            me! just not red, anyways, i cant wait to see the finished product man. you've put a lot of time into this car and hopefully it is all worth it in the long run.

and i'm glad to see you're going with red, you don't see any shaved red cars out there.

we both have the same style in mind, glad to see another tuner out there like me!
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

thats wats up jay, keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                                we both have the same style in mind, glad to see another tuner out there like me!
                                Seems that way...too bad your ditching the blue...our cars used to have alot in common. You need some AirRide on your car though...

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X