X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound like a scam to you guys?

Hello,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    The car is still for sale. It has a clean title, very well maintained, no exterior damages and no mechanical problems, i don't smoke,no leaks, brakes are 80% left oil was changed 500miles ago. The A/C blow ice cold, and the heat works fine.
    I'm asking $2.950 for it, not negotiable. I have to to sell this car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap.
    Currently I'm in a military base in California and the car is here with me. I can ship for free within US if you want to buy it. Let me know what you decide ASAP.
    The pics speak for themselves, You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
    Thank you.

its for a prelude i was looking at for my girlfriend. the shipping it free thing is what sounds way off to me. whatcha think?

Scam. 100%.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

does sound iffy, shipping will cost you over $700 easy.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
        [ I can ship for free within US if you want to buy it.

the shipping it free thing is what sounds way off to me. whatcha think?
        You actually have to ask for reassurance that this is BS?
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

That's got SCAM Written all over it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

honestly I try to avoid arizona and california and florida or hot states. I would go for a mild climate state for buying used cars. They run server computers in cold temperatures and it increases lifetime. I know its dumb to compare computers to cars but I would want a car running in cold to mild temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva View Post
              honestly I try to avoid arizona and california and florida or hot states. I would go for a mild climate state for buying used cars. They run server computers in cold temperatures and it increases lifetime. I know its dumb to compare computers to cars but I would want a car running in cold to mild temperatures.
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Also remember when buying new cars that after Hurricane Katrina tens of thousand of cars were submerged and dealership have had to salvage they're losses. So any state in the south or around the area you would want to avoid as well if buying used cars from dealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
                  but statistically I am willing to put money peoples cars die in the spring to summer transition rather than fall to winter.
                  My car has lived it's entire life (other than these few months in Texas) in Utah. We have temperatures ranging from 110* in the summer to 8* in the winter. My car has never failed me, ever. It also has 253,500 on the ticker, and runs like new. Everytime in those 8* winter mornings, the car started on the second crank of the engine. Always.

All you have is a hypothesis with no solid evidence to back it up. My car is proof opposite to what you are suggesting.

Comment

its a total scam. ive already posted my research. and ill post a link to my thread on it.

here are things to look for.
                    "sorry for the late response/reply"
                    "this is my final price"
                    "price is non negotiable"
                    "this car is almost in perfect condition"
                    "im in the uk right now"
                    "i am not in america right now"
                    "i arranged my car with this company"

these scammers tend to use the same format. here look at my thread. as you can see its almost the same thing. and i was looking for a prelude as well.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95522

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                      its a total scam. ive already posted my research. and ill post a link to my thread on it.

here are things to look for.
                      "sorry for the late response/reply"
                      "this is my final price"
                      "price is non negotiable"
                      "this car is almost in perfect condition"
                      "im in the uk right now"
                      "i am not in america right now"
                      "i arranged my car with this company"

these scammers tend to use the same format. here look at my thread. as you can see its almost the same thing. and i was looking for a prelude as well.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95522
                      o man good lookin out!

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Also remember when buying new cars that after Hurricane Katrina tens of thousand of cars were submerged and dealership have had to salvage they're losses. So any state in the south or around the area you would want to avoid as well if buying used cars from dealerships.
                        Lol and the northern states have something the southern states don't. That is rust issues. All i hear from the northern states is rust everywhere. And i can vouche for the lower south we have good used cars. Ask hondafan81(cisco) he bought he white project from florida. But i would avoid any cars near louisiana for the sheer fact of hurricane katrina but all other southern states are good. I think the only thing that would affect the southern cars is the sun burnt roof but my car has been down here for 15 years and still has its original paint and still looks fresh
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Craigslist I assume?

People have contacted ME when I was selling cars on there and shit saying they'd give a money order or check and have a company pick the car up. When I lived in DFW there was a news segment on that type of shit. The NEWS LADY already gave her car up and the money order turned out to be NO GOOD AFTER the fact.

If you can't see the car in person and shit, don't buy it....use common sense man. I don't think you need to ask if it's a scam, the light bulb should just go off in your head. Make sure to check that it's not burned out.

VIP Status.

Comment

yea i wouldn't risk it travis. what is this anyway? 4th gen si i'm guessing by the price.

Comment

tell him to ship it first. then you'll pay

Comment

Working...
                              X