RSX-S vs WRX vs tC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSX-S vs WRX vs tC

So I've narrowed down my new car search to these three cars..

RSX Type-S

Subaru Impreza WRX

Scion tC

The WRX is the fastest and has awd but the type-s isn't too far behind in power.. of course they will be modded.. the tC can get a factory supercharger w/ warranty. I like the styling and interior or the rsx the best. The tC has a few cool features like double sunroof and TRD which is a bonus. I'll boost the rsx and tC if I get them.. the WRX I would probably do stage 2.. I'm in New England so awd is nice in the winter but I really like the leather and such on the rsx..

It's a pretty big toss up, I change my mind everyday.. What do you think?

RSX Type-S hands down...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Scion tC's are ***...
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Scion tC's are ***...
        x2

tc is a girl car.

what kind of family do you have? kids? wife? if so impreza

if single type s

i like the impreza wagons

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Yeah tC are pretty ***.
          wat?

Comment

tC is for pussies. Plus it is heavy as shit. Fucking all-glass roofs.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

got cash to pay for the wrx's insurance? and pay extra for gas milage with the awd? go for it

want a reliable daily driver that is fun get a rsx

tc no just no man don't do this to yourself
              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

The tC isn't even on the same level as the RSX and WRX. It's not bad, and has some potential... but it's just not the same. Even the TRD supercharger will only bring it up to about the stock levels of the other two! It's not a bad car to cruise around in, and the quirky features are kinda neat... but it's inferior in terms of performance, prestige, and masculinity I'm quite certain that the tC name comes from... Toyota Celica. That's the car it replaced. Over the years, the Celica has been overdosing on estrogen.

The RSX will probably get better gas mileage, until you boost it (the K20 makes pretty good power NA... bolt-ons do wonders for that motor). The RSX is probably the best handling of the 3 by far.

The WRX can make some pretty massive power with little work. A few upgrades and an ECU reflash and you're near STi power levels. I've been in a WRX, and they're pretty nice inside.

I would say the biggest factor is your budget. The RSX is known to take mileage and abuse a bit better than the WRX. If you can only afford a 5 year old car with 80,000+ miles on it, get the RSX hands down. I've been advised to stay away from WRXs with near 100,000 miles (especially when I don't know who owned them, or how they were maintained.)

Comment

Thanks. Yea the tC is out. It actually stands for "touring coupe" it would have been xC to match the xA and xB but volvo uses "XC" in some of their models. I agree it's a girls car.

So it's between the wrx and type-s.. pretty much the same price. I'm leaning towards the rsx because of better gas mileage and I just love how it looks. My brother had a stage 4 wrx and it was nice.. my other brother has an STi.. So I've been in them.. I'm not a fan of the interior but the awd is always fun.

Right now I'm thinking rsx.. thanks for the input, keep it coming!

Comment

not 2 mention how sekzi VTAK sounds matched w/ those short ass gears

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

you can narrow it down to 2 of them after looking at my sig

Comment

WRX all the way, get the Limited if you want leather, mmm heated leather at that. gas mileage isnt too bad, i get around 25-26 with a mix of highway/city driving, and I have a full 3" turboback with a COBB stage 2 tune.

and insurance.. its not as bad as one thinks. i have a pretty bad record, and i pay $130 a month for full coverage.
                        2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

type-s. theyre fun to drive

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I say test drive them. You can't go wrong either way. I was debating between these two for a while. Then I wanted an S2000, now I want a Miata (cheaper than s2000, but still a small nimble RWD convertible.)

Comment

import a DC5 ITR
                              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Working...
                              X