What do spiders eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do spiders eat?

I was in my bathroom taking a crap (I know you all wanted to know) when I saw a spider crawling on the floor. I see one every now & then so I don't pay too much attention until I saw another one that was much smaller. I then had the crazy idea of capturing them. So I put them both in a Ziploc food container in hope that the big one will eat the small one. Ever since I saw a few videos of insects fighting on this site that someone posted up, I thought that it would be entertaining. I also threw in a tiny bit of a chocolate piece to see which one the big spider will choose to eat first.

Anyway... If they don't kill each other, I'll try to find some more insects to drop in, but as I don't really go out looking for insects all day, what could I give them to eat?
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Get a jar, Ziplock bag just seems too cramped.
    wat?

Comment

I'd assume smaller spiders just eat bugs.
      I know the larger ones eat small rats.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Small flies, ants, small beetles, aphids....things of that sort. You figure as long as the spider can trap it and immobilize it in it's web then it can be eaten by the spider.

Also put them in a jar and poke some small holes in it. the ziploc bag might kill them as they do breathe air.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          Get a jar, Ziplock bag just seems too cramped.
          It's a food container not a bag. I'll definitely find a better thing another time but it'll do it for now.

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          I'd assume smaller spiders just eat bugs.
          I know the larger ones eat small rats.
          Dude! How big you think I mean by big? I'm not talking about a tarantula here or anything of the kind. The small one is I guess less than half an inch long and the other one about an inch or so.
          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
            Small flies, ants, small beetles, aphids....things of that sort. You figure as long as the spider can trap it and immobilize it in it's web then it can be eaten by the spider.

Also put them in a jar and poke some small holes in it. the ziploc bag might kill them as they do breathe air.
            Are you serious? Insects breathe? Woah!

Haha. I'm kidding man. Again... It's not a bag but a plastic container. I'm thinking about what to make the hole with because the small spider is so small that I'm afraid it could get out through it.
            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
              Dude! How big you think I mean by big? I'm not talking about a tarantula here or anything of the kind. The small one is I guess less than half an inch long and the other one about an inch or so.
              Haha, I figured it wasn't a big spider considering you kept your cool while droppin a load.
              I was just saying that bigger spiders eat rodents, but.. I'd hope no one would have those in their house.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
                I'm thinking about what to make the hole with because the small spider is so small that I'm afraid it could get out through it.
                Just poke a few holes with a needle or something of that size.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Take a paper clip, unfold it and heat it up hot enough to where you can poke holes into it. That is as long as you don't mind losing the container. Oh, and do it with the lid off. they don"t like the fumes of burnt plastic. (I wonder why?)

EDIT: Yeah, a small sewing needle would probably work best.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Comment

A spider eat a rat? I would love to see that. I don't think a tarantula could even do that. But apparantly there are super spiders that eat small humans. I think I saw that in "Lord of the Rings".

My swap thread
                    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Haha, I figured it wasn't a big spider considering you kept your cool while droppin a load.
                      I was just saying that bigger spiders eat rodents, but.. I'd hope no one would have those in their house.
                      Man I would've shit another load if I saw one that big! The biggest one I've ever seen and actually caught was in Australia! Dude the size of that shit was freaking me out! My GF started screaming and I was just like WTF is going on? She pointed at the spider on the wall and I thought I was going to scream myself haha but I had to control it you know... It was about 4 to 4 and a half inch long I would say. I was freaked out because i didn't know whether it was venomous or not. You get a lot of crazy creatures in Australia so I was cautious but my GF said it's not so I took a tissue, grab it by its big hairy ass and put it out of the house as the girls were screaming their heads off.

Just poke a few holes with a needle or something of that size.
                      That's what I was thinking about.
                      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

EDIT: Confusing post, deleted comment

I'm tired...
                        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                          A spider eat a rat? I would love to see that. I don't think a tarantula could even do that. But apparantly there are super spiders that eat small humans. I think I saw that in "Lord of the Rings".
                          Eh, it's not to it yet... but the mouse's fate has already been sealed.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/chatarra/111025043/

They don't eat the animal.
                          They just eat it's insides.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                            That is as long as you don't mind losing the container.

EDIT: Yeah, a small sewing needle would probably work best.
                            Dude... You seriously think I'll keep the container after putting spiders in it that were crawling on my bathroom floor? I mean my house is very very clean but now that my mom has gone to Hungary for a month lets say it is less than it usually is

Nah but seriously... I don't like the idea of reusing a container that was used as a habitat for insects. Would you?

Hahaha. I think they're not even humans but hobbits
                            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

You don't think a spider could eat a rat? How about this one?

Goliath spider (they eat small birds)
                              3 CB's gone....
                              1 WK Overland....

Comment

Working...
                              X