Muscle building...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle building...

after working at a movie theatre for 5 months mow I have gained about 10 pounds from drinking all the slushies and pop corn I want. I quit exercising were I used to do it regulary.Iv noticed most of the fat has went to my stomach, and my arms have gotten smaller.

I read around on line for ways to build muscle and lose weight. But I knoow most of them are gimicks and are onlt there to get you to buy stuff...

So I wanted to ask people on the forum what they do when lifting weights and what approach I should take...

Im 16, 5' 10" and I weigh 146lbs. I was told I have a healthy weight. But I already knew that, I want to build muscle, get my abs back, and look better. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

Just find a hobby like skateboarding or somthing to stay active and at 16 you can loose the weight so fast. As for building muscle, does your school have a weight training class?

Comment

crossfit
      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

get a job doing tires, you'd gain muscle back in no time.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I'm 5'11, and I weighed 230 at the beginning of the year. I'm at 185 now. I drank a TON of water, walked/jogged (mostly walked) for about 45 minutes or more, 3-4 days a week. I do about 50 pushups a day, and I really need to start with situps, since my stomach is still too flabby for my liking.

Water is key. Drink a ton of water. I try to drink about a gallon a day.
          Also, eat 5 small meals a day, rather than 2-3 larger ones. It keeps your metabolism active. When you don't eat, you send your body into conservation mode... it stores fat for later use.
          Finally, stay away from sugar, and all the processed sweeteners found in sodas and such. In fact, stay away from soda, candy, cookies, etc...

Comment

Just as important as working out is eating right. It sounds like you know that your fat has come from the crap you've eaten at the movies.

Start out by taking stock of what you have been eating on any given day. Because of your height and weight I wouldn't say that you need to loose any weight (as you also said yourself). So I wouldn't say that you need to lower the amount of food you eat. Rather, begin to focus on making the most out of each meal in that you get exactly what your body needs to be the healthiest it can. Take breakfast for example. Most people just skip it all together. Instead, take a bowl of healthy cereal (whole grain), a glass of 2% milk, and a fruit like a banana. A good snack during the day would be peanut butter with a banana or apple slices. Granola bars are also a healthy snack alternative to whatever junk you have in the fridge.

Now on the real battle, the working out portion. While maintaining a healthy diet is mentally difficult for most people, maintaining a healthy exercise schedule is not only mentally stressful, but physically fatiguing. One of the worst things is to hit the gym really hard the first day you go. All that will happen is you will see that you aren't very strong and after two days you will be sore as hell. So don't do that.

Instead, find a workout routine that starts out slow and builds it's way up to harder/longer workouts. It doesn't have to be any super plan either. Simple things such as pushups, situps, and squats work as well as anything when just starting out. Don't forget about cardio either. Go out and jog. That will knock out fat faster than any weight workout can. Just remember to re-hydrate after anything you do, especially with how hot it is during the summer.

It doesn't sound like you want to get huge or anything, just turn the bit of fat you have into muscle. Sticking to decent eating habits as well as going to work out and run will help you do this easily in a month.

I hate going to the gym and seeing attractive girls that are 4 years younger than you. Especially when you are 19. Fucking Jailbait.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

fix your nutrion, i hate working out.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I lost 40 pounds in two months. All i did was eat smaller meals and drink water. I stopped drinking sodas and eating junk food. Now i have to start building muscles.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  fix your nutrion, i hate working out.
                  Dancing is working out.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries View Post
                    Dancing is working out.
                    i consider dancing my socialization time.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=2656445
                      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

[QUOTE= I hate going to the gym and seeing attractive girls that are 4 years younger than you. Especially when you are 19. Fucking Jailbait.[/QUOTE]

dang what gym do you go to?? its usually 18+ at the 24hour I go to and dam

I have lost 58 lbs so far since january , its all a mind game , and stop being lazy at least for me ,you basicly need to start on what you eat and work from thier , and take it slow on the weights you dont need to bulk up fast as shit and end up hurting your self, and going to the gym is fun in my opinion, i go at 5am-630am before work, its hilarious seing all the roids guys go at it and yea and go crazy on the weights and talk shit to each other

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries View Post
                          Dancing is working out.
                          watch the video's of people who have lost weight playing DDR lol
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i had two cheesy double beef buritos at 2am last night... don't do that.

Comment

Damn, when I was that young, I could NOT gain any weight. I graduated HS at 6'0", 130 lbs. 20+ years later, I struggle to keep it under 200 lbs. And I've lost an inch of height somewhere. I'm pretty happy with my weight, I just want more in my chest and less around the belly area. lol

You've gotten some good advice here; watch what you eat and get some exercise. Pushups and crunches to build the chest and flatten the abs. just don't go crazy. And if you do go crazy, go all out psycho: Get some testicle shrinking, acne causing, roid rage boosting animal steroids and bulk up! Nah, stay sensible and along with building up your muscle, practice yoga for the meditation and flexibility. Your mind, your body and the ladies will thank you for it later!

Comment

Working...
                              X