Move Over Law = BULLS**T!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move Over Law = BULLS**T!!

so i just got a ticket from a bulls**t broward county sheriff's officer. let me give you the senerio.

2 Lane street, 1 lane per driving direction. Posted speed limit is 30 MPH. So, i'm crusing along at 30 MPH and i see and officer on the side of the street with his lights flashing, he was by himself, didn't pull anyone over. So i coast by him at 19 MPH.

All of a sudden he speeds out and pulls me over. He's like, do u know what you did wrong. "No officer, what did i do." You didn't obey the new Move Over Law. Okay, he stated that i should have moved over, " i said officer, it's a single lane and it's a double yellow line, and there were cars coming from the other direction."

the officer then states, i should have slow down 20 MPH under the posted limit. So i said to the officer "So i was suppose to be doing 10 MPH?" The officer said YES.

First off my car doesn't even idle at 10 MPH. the officer comes back to me and hands me a ticket. So i said " if i was in a 15mph school zone and your lights were flashing, what should i be doing -5 MPH?? He just walks away...

What an assh**e!!

Sorry, needed to vent!! peash
    Current Stable:

1992 Accord EX
    1999 Civic SI
    2005 TSX
    2006 S2000
    2002 NSX-T

He may have been a litte harsh, considering the fact that he inside his car and not outside in the line of traffic, but i do agree.

In a 30mph zone, which isnt very fast at all, slowing down to a crawl isnt much to ask for. If it were me, i wouldve almost come to a dead creep.

You never know what he couldve been doing. He couldve been in front of his car and popped out and "Boom!".

I feel your need to vent as ive been ticketed/hassled for what i thought was BS, but sometimes, we're in the wrong.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I thought you're only supposed to move over when they're actually moving and behind you? thats pretty fucked up.

If he's already at the side of the road, then I just normally drive by them.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yeah i saw that move over law somewhere on my way to NC. hmm

Comment

The move over law is for both. Obviously, if they're behind, move over, but if they're on the side of the road,you're supposed to move over.

I will admit, that on a 2-lane road, its kinda hard to do that, but if you cant move over, you're expected to slow way down, if not stop and creep by.

Granted the law doesn't state that, but I'm assuming the OP was in some sort of tuned vehicle and seems to have had a bit of an attitude, so the cop gave him a ticket. Had he not been in a tuned vehicle or been more "unaware" of the new law, I'm willing to bet the cop would've been more lenient.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

In NC I think the move over law only applies to roads with more than 1 lane per direction.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

fight the ticket!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

ALWAYS fight tickets. even if you know you were wrong. It's worth a shot to avoid getting a point on your insurance.

Comment

shoulda ran! hes on foot! u can outrun da radio! ha! crawlings fo babies! punch it, Chewie!
                  you'll love my nuts!

Comment

i gave the cop no attitude... i have alot of respect to police officers...

only til after i received the ticket i got upset

this is my car, which i don't find hooked up at all

Current Stable:

1992 Accord EX
                    1999 Civic SI
                    2005 TSX
                    2006 S2000
                    2002 NSX-T

Comment

I'd be happy with just a ticket. In Tennessee its a $500 fine and 30 days in prison.

Comment

Too bad they dont have a 'Cops stop abusing your power, dipshits' law, with a supporting rule, 'Stop using your siren/lights to blast through stop lights because you don't want to wait like everyone else', with a supplement of 'Just because you are a cop doesn't mean you're always right, and justified to be an all out prick to someone who is being overly respectful to you'.

lol.. seriously. Sometimes I think cops need to have major attitude adjustments. I see people blast through stop lights, speeding 20+ over through town, turning left when they don't have the right of way, during rush hour, nearly getting clipped or outright pwned by oncoming traffic, and where are the cops? Pulling you over for not swerving into the ditch because the cop is on the shoulder a ways in front of you, with his lights on, talking to his ex-wife about child support.

I know, I know. All cops aren't assholes. Just the ones with the bully complex.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan View Post
                          I'd be happy with just a ticket. In Tennessee its a $500 fine and 30 days in prison.
                          Really? What if it's on a one lane one way?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                            He may have been a litte harsh, considering the fact that he inside his car and not outside in the line of traffic, but i do agree.

In a 30mph zone, which isnt very fast at all, slowing down to a crawl isnt much to ask for. If it were me, i wouldve almost come to a dead creep.

You never know what he couldve been doing. He couldve been in front of his car and popped out and "Boom!".

I feel your need to vent as ive been ticketed/hassled for what i thought was BS, but sometimes, we're in the wrong.
                            Youre right for the most part, but this is one case where I think what happened is bs. School zone speed limits are typically 20mph or so. Most town streets/roads are 30 zones. The speed limit in TX for unmarked roads (no speed limit sign) is 30. Ive seen a pretty good number of 25 zones in suburban Phoenix. What this law is saying, to me at least, is that police officers should be protected more than schoolchildren. Maybe they should just park it further off the road, giving them room to walk without venturing into oncoming traffic. God forbid police officers having to think more.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                              Really? What if it's on a one lane one way?
                              You drive 20 miles under the posted speed limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X