grandma hit a pole - need parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grandma hit a pole - need parts

my grandmother has a 04 accord 4dr ex-l. she was in a hurry to get in b4 rain at jcpenny and still isnt too sure about the car. wasn't completely in park. she was forced to get it, or lose 15k when grandpa went in the nursing home 9mths ago. she never drove much by herself til now, shes 80. i have to pump her gas, lol. but she hit a yellow parking pole.

front bumper has a 2in crack under the headlight and somehow flaked/rubbed off a 5"-6" mark off paint and warped the driver fender.

I am in need of a hunter green (G516P) front bumper w/o fogs. can anyone help me? ill install fogs if i have to, more light for grandma, the better right?

thanks for the help

Did you try car-part.com yet? Look for one near you. You might have to call to get the color. If you need a new one from Honda or otherwise we can hook you up with that also but it won't be as cheap or painted.

http://www.tasauto.com - The Accord Experts

Comment

i was hoping to find a take off for a body kit or something similar. it isnt bad at all, but annoys me and grandma.

i called every jy within like 50miles and none had a 03-07 body style

Comment

Has she considered turning it in to her insurance for repairs, or is she fearful of policy cancellation and license revokation??
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

1000bux deductable. and she isnt fearful of cancellation or license. it was a parking pole at 15mph max. in a lot. just shed have to pay for it anyway and body shop quoted 670 to fix??

Comment

thats gonna be tough esp. since that car is so new. I'd say just get an aftermarket one and have it painted. She just wants it fixed right? not to be a showcar.....so that should take care of it. Besides she's 80, she won't notice if it doesn't sit completely flush w/ the car.

But who knows, aftermarket parts are getting better and better fitting nowadays.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yeah i know, but i want the best i can get for grand ma lol. i just thought id ask, u never know whose got what on here anymore

Comment

No offense but I don't understand old people buying recent cars and stuff. Some really shouldn't even be driving at all.

We all know prejudices suck but they come from a reality. It doesn't apply to every single individual but most of them.

Lady at the wheel: Dangerous, be cautious when driving near one.

Old lady at the wheel: Stay as far as you can from her car. If you are to overtake or cut her which is most likely to happen, don't do it in a racer way or she'll lose control, crash, maybe injure/kill herself and other(s).

Old lady at the wheel and in the hurry: When you encounter one, let your hands of the steering wheel, put them together and pray for your life and others'. You've got more chances of not crashing without your hands on the steering wheel praying than being near one driving normally.

Tell you grandma to stay home bud.
                NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by Gyuri87 View Post
                  No offense but I don't understand old people buying recent cars and stuff. Some really shouldn't even be driving at all.

We all know prejudices suck but they come from a reality. It doesn't apply to every single individual but most of them.

Lady at the wheel: Dangerous, be cautious when driving near one.

Old lady at the wheel: Stay as far as you can from her car. If you are to overtake or cut her which is most likely to happen, don't do it in a racer way or she'll lose control, crash, maybe injure/kill herself and other(s).

Old lady at the wheel and in the hurry: When you encounter one, let your hands of the steering wheel, put them together and pray for your life and others'. You've got more chances of not crashing without your hands on the steering wheel praying than being near one driving normally.

Tell you grandma to stay home bud.
                  That doesn't really help him, does it? For the record, my great grandpa drove until he was 96, and he never got in or caused a wreck.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

My grandfather is in his 80's and is still a sharp driver. Keep in mind when looking for a bumper that it is '03-'05 and '06-'07. the '06-'07 is better looking imo

Comment

i know a 90-somethin year old dude that still drives his old ass car around..
                      although that car is a tank, it wouldnt even get hurt if he ran into anything
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        That doesn't really help him, does it? For the record, my great grandpa drove until he was 96, and he never got in or caused a wreck.
                        No it never meant to... I was just stating my opinion.
                        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

hmm whats better, grandma in a 94 lincoln town car w/ a 5.0 rwd or accord w/ a k24?

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate View Post
                            Has she considered turning it in to her insurance for repairs, or is she fearful of policy cancellation and license revokation??
                            it's not like she endangered others while she was driving...she bumped a freakin pole, wh00p-dee-fucking-doo.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

EVERYBODY's got a story about some old person who actually drives well...in fact there are those who do, but anecdotes don't disprove the stereotype. I for one have dealt with many old people driving drunk, diabetic, tired, meth-addled (yes, kiddies, gramma likes her drugs hard) and mentally distant. Unfortunately, our social structure just leaves old people on their own, so they have no choice but to fend for themselves.

Now why does she need it brought back to normal? It doesn't sound all that serious and if she doesn't drive much it may be more convenient just to leave it. Or shipping tape the crack and attempt to manually reform the bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X