Hunter kills grandson in AK-47 accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter kills grandson in AK-47 accident

ok... what the fuck?... just... what the fuck?
    -----------------------------------------------------

http://www.ksat.com/news/16589436/detail.html

LAVACA COUNTY, Texas -- A 14-year-old boy was accidentally shot and killed in a hunting accident by his grandfather, investigators said.

According to the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, Taylor Michalec's grandfather said he was walking behind the teen when the trigger on his AK-47 assault rifle snagged a branch and discharged, striking the teen in the back.

The shooting happened Wednesday afternoon near County Road 290, about five miles west of Moulton, Texas, about 100 miles east of San Antonio.

Both his father and grandfather tried to administer CPR, but when EMS responders arrived, the teen was pronounced dead. Michalec had just completed his freshman year at Steele High School, where he was a member of the football team.

Lavaca County investigators said they will not file any charges on the boy's grandfather because the shooting appeared to be an accident.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

AK'S dont fire by accident
    and kill somebody in the back

ok like u said WTF!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      AK'S dont fire by accident
      and kill somebody in the back

ok like u said WTF!!!!!!!!!
      you have no idea how fucked up an AK 47 is
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

What the fuck were they hunting????

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

And why wasn't the safety on? They were probably hunting Sasquatch

Comment

uh i dunno about there but its illegal to hunt with an ak-47 here..
            2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

anything carrying over 3 rounds is illegal here. the AK DOES have a safety. That story sounds fucked regardless. AK isn't a hunting rifle I dont care what you're hunting. Deer - under powered. small game - over powered. Teenagers - just right.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

i know when i think huntinG the first weapon that comes to mind is the AK47!
                WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

i know when i think huntinG the first weapon that comes to mind is the AK47!
                  WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

"Never point a gun at anything you don't plan to shoot"

...and that's why!
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

his grandpa needs to learn some fucking gun safety!
                      1. the safety was not on
                      2. he was hunting with a weapon with too light of a trigger
                      3. his grandson was walking in front of his grandpa, who was holding a loaded and cocked weapon.
                      4. the gun was pointed at the boy, not in a safe direction.
                      5. he was using a damn ak-47 to go hunting!

if any one or 2 of those had not occurred, that boy would still be alive.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I agree with that. Gun safety is a big issue. Looks like the grandpa either doesnt know how to use the weapon or he was care less enough to leave the weapon not on the safety. I wonder WHY was he letting the 14 year old take lead...Thats wierd. Anyway I love texas gun laws I just think a lot of people abuse them. And as mentioned I think it is also illegal to use a semi auto rifle to hunt down here too. I usually use bolt action rifles those seem to work the best for me. One shot one kill...If you cant kill something in one shot your either retarded or shooting the wrong part of the animal. Either way it is sad to see. What was the point of giving the kid cpr...damn people. Its very rare for a branch to snag a trigger unless you are carrying a weapon improperly. I wonder if that branch snagged the safety also lol gonna hear like a rock hit it or something.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i think i saw a show that had something similar to this.

Comment

damn..safeties FTMFW!

i use the safety in my bb gun..

what makes you think i wouldn't use it in a ak47

plus who hunts with aks? i thought rifles and snipers where used to hunt

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                              anything carrying over 3 rounds is illegal here. the AK DOES have a safety. That story sounds fucked regardless. AK isn't a hunting rifle I dont care what you're hunting. Deer - under powered. small game - over powered. Teenagers - just right.
                              as fucked up as that sounds....thats funny! ^

and what do you mean...anything carrying over 3 rounds ?

Im lost.

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                              X