Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to expect when the teleprompter crashes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to expect when the teleprompter crashes...

Some may have already seen this, others may not have. Just came across this on You Tube and got a good laugh out of it. At the same time this is a little scary that this rambling is what we MAY have to look forward to IF Obama is elected President. Remember that phone call that's going to ring at 3:00 in the morning?

Obama on Iraq...... I think...

Transcript of Obama on Iraq: What they'll say is, "Well it costs too much money," but you know what? It would cost, about... It -- it -- it would cost about the same as what we would spend... It... Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us... (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to... It... It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about -- hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though. I'm glad. END.

Obama on Health care...... I think...

Transcript of Obama on Health care: Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early and they got some treatment, and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer. (crowd laughing) I haven't had much sleep in the last 48 hours. END

I may not be too familiar with the way things work around the Emergency Room, but I have never heard of giving a breathalyzer to someone with asthma.

Just keeps showing that he is cracking under stress and lack of sleep now, does he really think it is going to get easier IF he wins the White House?

I'm anxious to see him step up to the plate and hold some unscripted debates. See who the stronger candidate is after both candidates are working without a teleprompter in-front of them reminding them what to say.
    Last edited by MadSpleen85; 06-10-2008, 12:33 AM.

gotta love obama.. i think he will make a far much better president than hillary

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

yeah out of the 2, obama(turdsandwich) & hillary (douch) Id choose the turdsandwich

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

since presidential elections are a walk in the park.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It's just amusing to me that Obama doesn't seem to be very familiar with his own "policy" much less common sense, without it being on a cue card or teleprompter. Being able to coherently make a point without the words prepared for you would be a good characteristic to look for in a President. As for common sense, a breathalyzer for an asthma patient? Since when is it illegal to DWA (Drink With Asthma)? I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            since presidential elections are a walk in the park.
            lol, thats the truth. Eitherway its not like I wouldn't use a teleprompter if I had to do all those speaches. As soon as one crashed on me I'd just go for the water though,lol. Start caughing and be like, gimme a sec, anybody got a glass of water or somthin?

Comment

Regardless, I'll vote for Obama. I cant imagine it's easy to talk to the entire united states and not be nervous. Though... no excuse for bush - he's just a spank
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                It's just amusing to me that Obama doesn't seem to be very familiar with his own "policy" much less common sense, without it being on a cue card or teleprompter. Being able to coherently make a point without the words prepared for you would be a good characteristic to look for in a President. As for common sense, a breathalyzer for an asthma patient? Since when is it illegal to DWA (Drink With Asthma)? I couldn't resist.
                Well, Id like to see you go out in front of a stadium full of people and "speak coherently without a cue card or teleprompter"
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22 View Post
                  Well, Id like to see you go out in front of a stadium full of people and "speak coherently without a cue card or teleprompter"
                  Last I checked I am not running for president, if I were I would take a Public Speaking course, at least know MY "policy" by heart and at least be able to remember the speaking points that I wanted to cover in my speech..

Yeah everyone stumbles over their own words once in a while but Obama keeps showing that if you take the teleprompter away, he loses his train of thought and ends up putting his foot in his mouth.

And mentioning Bush's rambling is just beating a dead horse. He is not and cannot run for reelection, Obama IS running for election.

Comment

thats the problem with that spleen. . . we're "average" americans. We can't get voted into the white house so it doesnt matter anyways.
                    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

I saw him live, and he was a great speaker. After his speech, he gave people in the audience a chance to ask him questions, and they didn't ask him easy ones. He handled everything fine. No one is perfect, no one can give a million speeches perfectly.

Think about how many speeches he has given. Do you honestly expect him to be perfect? Give him a break, the odds are already against him.
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

really.

you picked out two small sections of speeches and they were short at that.
                        the videos stopped there because then he got back on track.
                        humans cant lead humans becuase they're imperfect,
                        but dont judge the ones that try by picking on minor screwups.
                        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

What a mess, I'm glad I don't care anymore.
                          Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

I can tell you, having used teleprompters, that it's hard to just jump from basing your thoughts and words on scripts to impromptu speaking, even if you did plan what you were going to say.

I'm not trying to cover for Obama. I feel less threatened having him for president.

As far as McCain.. He's definitely NOT someone I want running our country. I'd rather keep GW. At least we know what to expect from him.

I hope to God that his ethnic background never becomes an issue, and the close minded racist a**holes go back to their "rasslin".

*DISCLAIMER* I'm white. I lived in Michigan, lots of racism. I lived in Tennessee. Lots more racism, and people who HATE change.

Comment

Working...
                            X