Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows to mac

okk..

i just sold my sony vaio...im 99.9% getting a macbook...any suggestions, advice?? i have to move everything from the old to new computer... im going to best buy tonight to get an external hard drive to back up my computer, even though apple said they would do it for 50 bucks...but me n ralphie were going to get one anyway so i figured why not get it now...

im scared im gonna wipe out my sony and then realize i did something wrong or something n be screwed haha...

really i just want my music, my pics, all my word documents, and 1 or 2 programs...

everything else i just need to reinstall or dl, not a problem...

does anyone know if word documents will open on a mac??

my friend is getting me the new microsoft office so i know once i have that on there i should be able to open all my old word documents??

im nervous, only used macs for school but im excited too haha..

^Click to view my Members Ride Thread^

just beware that everything is propreitary.

parts, everything.

you cant just go to the store and get 20 different companies offering the same thing (i.e. mother[logic]board)

not to mention that people that own macs have nothing better to do than to tell me their computer is better than mine (which it's not)

the laptops are built by Asus and you're basically paying for an OS.......oops!

did I just expose mac!?!?!?!
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Your Word documents will open on a Mac using TextEdit (it's like Notepad). They'll also open just fine in Office for Mac. Also, be sure to download Flip4Mac and Perian.

http://www.flip4mac.com/ and http://perian.org/

You'll see why :P

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner_Time View Post
        Your Word documents will open on a Mac using TextEdit (it's like Notepad). They'll also open just fine in Office for Mac. Also, be sure to download Flip4Mac and Perian.

http://www.flip4mac.com/ and http://perian.org/

You'll see why :P
        thank you i will def check those out...

i just got my external drive from best buy, got a good deal for a 500 gb, 120 bucks...i looked at the apples, i LOVE the imac, but i gotta get a macbook for now....

Comment

get a ram upgrade. macs love ram. but dont get the ram from apple, they change an arm and a leg. go to crucial.com to get some more. im runnin 2gb in my mac mini
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
            get a ram upgrade. macs love ram. but dont get the ram from apple, they change an arm and a leg. go to crucial.com to get some more. im runnin 2gb in my mac mini
            true well my friend gets me ram for free so i will just get it from him and upgrade! but i upgraded my vaio with ram from crucial so i know they have good stuff!

Comment

Very cool.

I am typing this on a MacBook.

Have you seen this?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75320

X

Comment

Originally posted by laz View Post
                Very cool.

I am typing this on a MacBook.

Have you seen this?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75320

X
                lol which macbook? im getting the black onee...student discount...free ipod for my mama dukes, and printer also yay...

thank you for the article, i read it...i am using external hard drive to move my shiz over! the guy at apple said it will be 50 bucks to have them do it...

Comment

Backing up the PC now before its wiped out.

Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Backing up the PC now before its wiped out.

Woot!
                    yayyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                      just beware that everything is propreitary.

parts, everything.

you cant just go to the store and get 20 different companies offering the same thing (i.e. mother[logic]board)

not to mention that people that own macs have nothing better to do than to tell me their computer is better than mine (which it's not)

the laptops are built by Asus and you're basically paying for an OS.......oops!

did I just expose mac!?!?!?!
                      I feel fine paying a few hundred dollars extra for the OS. Plus, no matter who builds them (Something tells me they ARENT built by ASUS, show me an ASUS laptop with an aluminum frame and shell), theyre designed by Apple, so your statement isnt really true. At all.

Also, I challenge you to go find a motherboard that is a direct replacement for ANY consumer laptop. Oh wait, you cant. Theyre ALL proprietary designs.

Whoops, did I just expose PC?
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

nice choice with the mac. you will like it for sure. It may be proprietary as stated above but its pretty quality stuff. I had my mac book pro for almost 2 years and had no problems at all, not one frozen screen or nothing...
                        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                        Check out my JDM F22B swap
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Pc Ftmfw!
                          Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                            Pc Ftmfw!

LOL

PC is pretty standard, but Apple is deff becoming a strong force in the market.

Leopard is really nice....i think im more excited then her.

Comment

im going today to get my macbook, my old vaio will be shipped out today...im def excited! got everything from the old lappy loaded on my external hd. so im ready to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X