What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do?

Well I am in a bit of confusion lately.See my soon to be wife's car got totaled to do the recent weather we have had here.It was a 2000 nissan maxima, which I loved.Now we are in the process of looking at new vehicles.She has her heart set on a jeep wrangler rubicon.Now these things get 15-19 mpg...not that good.I personally like the newer Subaru legacy.Anywho our price range isnt any higher than 13,000 right now, so gimme some ideas on some other vehicles that get better mpg than my 3/4 chevy...

Does it have to be a new car? Because why not just go with a used Civic? Great gas mileage and there are a ton for sale at the 13K range which gives you a lot of choice to pick from

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

No it doesn't have to be brand new.I should have clarified that.We are talking about finding a woman a car.Might as well just throw practicality out the window! hehe...No but in all seriousness I don't think she wants a honda.I dont blame here though.The ones we can afford are not that appealing.I wish I could find something like this in our price range.yeah right!

Comment

What kind of damage are we talking about?
        wat?

Comment

Hail damage.$8900 worth.Fun huh?Anything that was metal is ruined not to mention tailights, mirrors, and windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinlow View Post
            Hail damage.$8900 worth.Fun huh?Anything that was metal is ruined not to mention tailights, mirrors, and windshield.
            Its THAT bad huh. My grandma and uncle both lucked out. They had hail damage, just cosmetic, they wanted to total them. Well they just said give me what the car is worth and buy it back for 500 bucks. So they got the money and paid of the cars.

But yours sounds a little worse.
            wat?

Comment

anything but an inline 6, the design is just not very economical.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bestworstEPAtrucks.htm
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What do you want in the car? What demands will be put on it?

Comment

Consider a 2003 Accord sedan, fully loaded EX-L's go for 13/14ish private party

Comment

Toyota yaris.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Get her a cb7, use the rest of the money to make it nice..
                      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
                      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
                      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
                      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
                      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          What do you want in the car? What demands will be put on it?
                          Well I've came down to wanting a awd or 4wd for her.Not that we have had really harsh winters here.More than some areas though.Nothing we get will be modified in any way.

We looked at a 2003 audi a4 quattro today.VERY nice car!Not familiar with these cars or what may/does go wrong with them.Anyone know much????We also looked at a VW Passat W8, which was very nice also.Both in the same price range, but the vw had 20,xxx less miles.Also they officially totaled the car today, but we are still waiting to see what they give us for it.So Im keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

hey josh you should look down in denver they have some killer prices down there i know it may be a bit of a drive. I got my 06 suby for 13500 had 19998 miles on it when i drove it off the lot, but then again it had a new drivers fender, hood, driver headlight and front bumper
                            Last edited by almostJDM; 06-21-2008, 12:02 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                            1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread
                            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                            X