Problem dealing with GF issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem dealing with GF issue...

Yeah, I know you are alol probably like, what now? Haha...

Well, most of you probably remember when about 5 months ago, me and my girlfriend broke up. Well, you may also remember that a month ago, we got back together. The thing is, some things have happend over the 4 months that we were not together. Before the break up, she was all against drinking and stuff... she also was only 20. Well, now that we are back together, she is 21 and now thinks that it is fun to go out to the bars and the occasional party and drink. Now, this is something that has been very hard for me to deal with. She says that she goes to the bar sometimes with her freinds and has some drinks, and that sometimes other dudes will buy her drinks. This bothers me that other dudes are buyin my girlfriend drinks. I know its innocent, but I know why guys buy girls drinks and I dont like the intention that they have. She has told me time and time again that she would never act on these intentions and that she would never ever cheat on me. Well, that made me feel good, but still knowing that other dudes are buyin her drinks makes me uneasy... Anyway... I have not had the chance to have a drink with her untill we went to this party on Saturday. I picked her up and I drove to the party. Knowing that I had to drive, I didnt drink much at all, on the other hand, my GF drank quite a few. Well, after she had about 3, I told her I didnt really want to see her drinking anymore (this is all new to me, and seeing her drink was just way too much to handle). And she gave me the excuse "fine, I will not drink around you anymore" and I told her that I didnt mind that, I just would have liked it if she stopped for the night. She all defenseles and said that she was an adult now and she could make her own decisions, so she kept on.... Now, about an hour later, I wanted a cigar so bad (yeah, I know, old guys only smoke them...) but no one had one, so I was about to bum a smoke off my friend, and she was standing there. She was like "I dont want you to smoke those, they can kill you... I dont even like to see your friends smoking." This kinda made me mad because she is now tryin to tell me what to do. Just so I wouldnt make matter worse, I didnt take the smoke. The rest of the night went on and I took her home. Once she got home, she went right to sleep (odd considering she was teasing me most the night). I dont know why, but this whole her drinking bothers me. I drink from time to time when I am with my friends, but then again, when we drink, its not at a bar with girls we dont know around... I tell myself that I am being selfish in thinking its OK for me, but not for her. I guess its just because she was not like that the whole 8 months we were together. Maybe its my old EX, the one who cheated on me when she went to a party and got drunk, maybe thats leaving some stain in my head. But I dont know why its so hard to get over... maybe I am afraid that more things have changed that I just dont know about yet. I mean, the first 3 weeks we were back together, it was great, but then again, she hadnt gone out to drink during that time. What is my problem?
    Why does this bother me? I tried to talk to her about it, but she just tells me that its not right for me to do something and then be against it when she wants to... I mean, I dont know...

Sorry for making you read all that, I know, it looks like a novel, but its just something that has been bothering me. I just am thinking that maybe its just an "Im 21 now" phase or something. I love her soo much, and I just wish this didnt bother me.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

cliff notes please?

Comment

Goddamn I'm high...where are the cliffs that shit is WAY long...........
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

This is why I'm glad I married my car. puahaha nah j/k on that

but maybe that's the prob man. you love a bit too much. you're both still young. can't keep her all bottled up. i mean you can tell her the things that bother you and what not but you won't be able to stop her. and i think it's all from your old gf, maybe you're just not totally over it and don't want it happening again. good luck on it though

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
          cliff notes please?
          lol..

but seriously

I hate all the little fights such as this in relationships, maybe why I never have motivation to chase chicks unless pussy hasnt found me in a while.
          Anyways I guess theres two things you can do...

1. Tell her how you feel and risk you being classed in the jealous/controlling category
          or
          2. Just go with it and see if things continue or if you were right and it was just a "Im 21 now" thing.

Good Luck Brother

Comment

good luck man, im in the midst of more technical difficulties right now as well.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

dude, don't worry about it. I think its just a phase she's going through. What you really need to do is buy a ton of drinks and down them together! Just the two of you, and then the two of you can have make-up whoopie.

Or

You can go out to the bar with your boys and just get plastered, but make sure you take a cab home, and then tell your girl all the (crazy) stuff that happened. Then she might get jelous and "not like the way your acting" and then she might realize the way she's been acting isn't right either.? that's just my two cents?
              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Tone-us

You can go out to the bar with your boys and just get plastered, but make sure you take a cab home, and then tell your girl all the (crazy) stuff that happened. Then she might get jelous and "not like the way your acting" and then she might realize the way she's been acting isn't right either.? that's just my two cents?
                HAHA! I know where that one would go, she would know that I would never go to a bar and get drunk, because its totally not me, and if I did, she would know I did it to get back at her, and that would raise more hell... dang, I think I know her a little too well...

Thanks for the imput though
                Last edited by thewoahna; 09-14-2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

ok where are my notes!

Comment

Thats about as short as I can make it without cuttin info out, sorry, haha

Comment

Okay here you go I read it .

Girlfriend turns 21
                      starts to drink
                      guys buy her drinks
                      he dose not like it
                      he smokes
                      they fight

Comment

Still not as usefull as original post, but I guess it gets job done for lazy people... haha

Girlfriend turns 21
                        starts to drink
                        guys buy her drinks
                        he dose not like it
                        they fight <--- added
                        he smokes
                        she doesnt like that <--- added
                        they fight

Comment

First, I'm going to give you an evaluation that I would give anyone who had this problem, from my perspective ofcourse. I'm not sure what type of relationship you have behind closed doors, but I see some unhealthy traits forming on both your parts. She drinks, which is fine, she's entitled to do what she wants. However, she has no right telling you smoking is bad for you, when alcohol is just as bad, even worse in some cases than smoking. I feel that any girl that does this, is attempting to gain control or the "upper hand" of the situation. As for guys buying her drinks, well, every relationship is different, but who says that you HAVE to make due with it because she IS this way. If you don't like it, she's an adult now, she can tell the guy she is fine, and can pay for her own drink. Right? Lastly, sounds like you're getting a bit of a mental beating over this, that ain't cool my friend. You deserve maturity, just like everyone else who wants it, and it's all should get in return. (especially after all you have invested).
                          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Nothing like a 3S-GTE!

Comment

Sorry, but I dont think that is the best solution...

Comment

Working...
                              X