G35 or continue on towards an h22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wafflefries View Post
    www.dragtimes.com Im being biased, but its capable of 13s, but it would seem the majority dont run any better than 14s. Sort of like H22 Accords being capable of 14s when the majority run low 15s.
    OK, so if we remove the driver factor I think it is agreed that the G is faster than an H

RWD

50WHP

Seems pretty straight forward.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      OK, so if we remove the driver factor I think it is agreed that the G is faster than an H

RWD

50WHP

Seems pretty straight forward.
      If you remove the driver factor, youve got two cars that just sit there. Arguing numbers is stupid because its the same as looking at edmunds or msn autos.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries View Post
        If you remove the driver factor, youve got two cars that just sit there. Arguing numbers is stupid because its the same as looking at edmunds or msn autos.
        When I say remove the driver factor,

I mean equalize the skills of the drivers of the two cars

You guys say "G35s are not that much faster than an H22A CB, because I raced one one time and beat it"

But the leap in power from the H22 to the VQ35 is way bigger than the F22 to the H22A

And if we are going off of personal experiences, I have driven both, back to back, and the G is way faster

I mean it's one thing to not like the car, but it's dumb to argue against physics merely cause your car doesn't come out ahead.

For the record, my car is slower than both cars in the discussion, and I still like it.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You guys say "G35s are not that much faster than an H22A CB, because I raced one one time and beat it"

But the leap in power from the H22 to the VQ35 is way bigger than the F22 to the H22A

And if we are going off of personal experiences, I have driven both, back to back, and the G is way faster

I mean it's one thing to not like the car, but it's dumb to argue against physics merely cause your car doesn't come out ahead.

For the record, my car is slower than both cars in the discussion, and I still like it.
          No, we say the G isn't that much faster because it isn't. In the real world, a well driven G is going to run low 14's. A well driven H22 CB is going to run high 14's. That is a few lenghts at best. A G should be faster, I agree. But I like to counter all of the numb nuts that sit there and say the "G is SOOOO FAST!" and then turn around and say "the S2K isn't that impressive" even though an S2K will give a G35 a run in any venue they care to discuss.

The difference comes in that most people who drive G's have this "I have a SPORTS car attitude, and I am FASTER than you." When they really aren't. It is like all of the base model Bimmer owners I beat up with an 18 year old car. Same thing.

If someone whoops my ass, I am in an NA 4 cylinder family sedan that is 18 years old, has 250K, and still gets 30MPG. If I beat a "sports car" in that same car, where are they? They can say, "my car gets more attention, looks better, etc."

I have NEVER said the G was a peice of crap, I like the way it looks, I like the way it drives, but the fact that a 6 speed Accord V6 would run it in any way shape and form, to me, proves that it isn't all that fast. After all, the Accord is a piddly FWD family car.

Also, 80HP is nice, but you should understand by now that HP is only 1/2 of the equation. The 600lbs that goes with it isn't quite so awesome.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ive never raced one. I looked at numbers
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
            X