how to multi-quote something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to multi-quote something?

I can't figure out how to do this.....in some sections it allows it, like beg. off topic, but why doesn't it allow it in other sections?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

I've always done it by opening each quote I want to use in a new tab (IE7) then copying each of them into the main reply I'm using

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i copy and paste sometimes and then wrap the text in quote tags. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

x2 Evil. thats how i've always done it.... Either that or just do copy what you want to quote and do [ q u o t e = Persons name here] paste text here and then do [ / q u o t e ]

but without all the spaces. I had to put them so that it woudn't just show the quote box and not have the same affect.

edit: which is basically what type G said.
        Last edited by Rusty; 06-07-2008, 07:48 AM.
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I pretty much do it the same way.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Open the first quote

[Cntrl] + X

Open next quote

[Cntrl] + V

Do that until you get to the last thing you want to quote and start typing

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

When you click the "Quote" button, at the bottom of the reply screen, is a list of all the posts....I just TypeG it. Copy and wrap.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Or do you mean the new way with the multi-quote button (yes there's one of these now yay)?

To use the multi-quote button, click the button in all of the posts you want to quote, then scroll down and click on the "post reply" button to go to the advanced reply page. Once there you will see a list of all the quotes you clicked on.

Hope this helps, I really like this function.
                Originally posted by 92dm
                I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                VOUCHES
                Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
                  Or do you mean the new way with the multi-quote button (yes there's one of these now yay)?

To use the multi-quote button, click the button in all of the posts you want to quote, then scroll down and click on the "post reply" button to go to the advanced reply page. Once there you will see a list of all the quotes you clicked on.

Hope this helps, I really like this function.
                  This thread is now completely pointless. Shit

Oh well, great new function.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                    x2 Evil. thats how i've always done it.... Either that or just do copy what you want to quote and do [ q u o t e = Persons name here] paste text here and then do [ / q u o t e ]

but without all the spaces. I had to put them so that it woudn't just show the quote box and not have the same affect.

edit: which is basically what type G said.
                    Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                    I pretty much do it the same way.
                    Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                    Open the first quote

[Cntrl] + X

Open next quote

[Cntrl] + V

Do that until you get to the last thing you want to quote and start typing
                    click the multi-quote button in the bottom right corner of the post

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      click the multi-quote button in the bottom right corner of the post
                      If the new version has that feature - Last night it diddn't and neither did the old version.
                      In this current version it has it though

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        If the new version has that feature - Last night it diddn't and neither did the old version.
                        In this current version it has it though
                        thats true tho. i know in the older version i just copied and pasted just like everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                          I can't figure out how to do this.....in some sections it allows it, like beg. off topic, but why doesn't it allow it in other sections?
                          you have to do it order, multi on

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                          I've always done it by opening each quote I want to use in a new tab (IE7) then copying each of them into the main reply I'm using
                          multi on

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                          then quote this

i just did it, it worked for me.

goes

multi on
                          multi on
                          then quote button

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            thats true tho. i know in the older version i just copied and pasted just like everyone else
                            Lol doesn't matter any more, the new version has the feature

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Yeah,

the old VB didn't have a true multi-quote (at least i never used it).

to do it now, just click on the little green + sign.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X