Gimme a break please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimme a break please!!!!

I have been drawing unemployment for a couple of months, and it is so hard getting a job with a criminal background. I made some mistakes when I was young and dumb, but come on nothing was violent or a sex crime. I just think for people who have straightened there life out, that should count as something. I have'nt been in trouble in 15 years and still this background bullshit. I know I did wrong and I paid my debt to society, but the state continues to punish me and others in the same boat.
    "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

thats sucks ass. i know how you feel. i tried to get a job at a local honda dealership and i never got a call. i later found out that my name was brought up in out of nowhere that i stole shit from there and i found out who the person was months later.

Comment

if you cant beat em, join em.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
        I have been drawing unemployment for a couple of months, and it is so hard getting a job with a criminal background. I made some mistakes when I was young and dumb, but come on nothing was violent or a sex crime. I just think for people who have straightened there life out, that should count as something. I have'nt been in trouble in 15 years and still this background bullshit. I know I did wrong and I paid my debt to society, but the state continues to punish me and others in the same boat.
        Have you considered starting your own business?
        Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

cant u get it annulled(sp) or sealed or something? My buddy was arrested and charged for stealing but got it sealed so employers cant see it.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Sorry to say it, but, you made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it.
            wat?

Comment

If I was looking to hire someone and had two to choose from and they were close to identical except one had a criminal backround, I would hire the one without. If it was my own company and I had my own money on the line its not worth the risk (you did not say what it was but if it was theft no chance, I could overlook others but not theft)... No offense. But people make bad choices and can change ................sooner or later you will find someone to take a chance on you.
              Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 06-05-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

unemployment FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  unemployment FTW!
                  yea no shit

Comment

I think people would feel more comfortable if you brought it up in a meeting witht the boss man rather them needing to dig it up themselves. It's better to hear your side of the story, plus. It will count for more if you are man enough to confront them about it and let them know that you really did change. I'm sure unemployment sucks, but I never was able to feel for it.

Landscaping companies are always looking for people. Just gotta get out there and try things out. Good luck bro,

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      unemployment FTW!
                      LOL

Comment

I would say it really depends on the severity of the crime and it also depends on what type of job you're looking for.

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                          Sorry to say it, but, you made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it.
                          i know but i did 4 years in prison for it, i think ive slept in that bed already.
                          "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

Comment

Working...
                          X