Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moobs. Man bewbies. Dude teats. Brudder udders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moobs. Man bewbies. Dude teats. Brudder udders...

How the hell do I shed these goddamn things!?

I lost 40lbs. Went from 228 to 188 in the past 6-8 months. I'm 5'11. Been eating healthy (and at the right times), walking/running, doing pushups and situps, etc... No gym, but doing my best to target as much as possible.

I still have a bit of a belly... but I can work with that. It's these damn guytits that are killing me! I'm building up my chest, and I think it's just making em stick out more. I'm working the top part of my chest, and it's getting pretty solid. Is there a way to work the lower part, or will what i'm doing eventually pay off?

My main chest exercises include standard pushups, close hands, far hands, and on an incline (stairs work wonders, as do chair arms for a deep dip).

I know most of the guys that work out probably never had buddyjugs, and those that have them are probably in my boat... or just live with them.

However, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

And yes, I did try to come up with as many clever names as possible!

that's some funny shit!! All BS aside a buddy of mine had "MANBOOBS" and he had surgery to remove and his insurance paid for it. Man can you tell a difference in his self-esteem.
    "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

Comment

dont sweat it man ive seen small guys with manboobs lol
      "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

Comment

lift and make em strong. rather have strong pecks then fat ones. but hell im workin on my weight to soooo i cant critisize

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdZPoBG61TQ

later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

lots of pullups?

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

if you have fat on your chest, no amount of lifting will fix that. To lose fat you have to cardio and diet right. thats the only way, lifting weights will make body parts bigger, thus making them stick are further.

you need to do Decline bench if you are trying to firm up the lower part of your chest. different people store fat in different places. your fat storing place sounds like its the stomach and chest. just keep working hard and do lots of cardio,
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Just a few general things...

Remember that you can't spot reduce. If you want to lose the fat in your chest, you'll have to keep shedding overall bodyfat. The same goes for all areas of your body.

As far as development of the lower portion of the pecs, you'll have to do motions that mimic a pushing movement in a downward direction. The best standard exercises for this are decline bench press and dips (weighted or unweighted). Since you don't go to a gym, you can try placing your legs on a bench and walking out in a pushup position and going from there.

The best way to tell whether you'll always have these things is to know your bodyfat percentage. If its still rather high, you can always work on dropping your overall bodyfat. If its on the lower side, you may also want to look at gynecomastia. I'm not saying that its definite, but maybe possible.

Regardless, congratulations on losing the weight! Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
                  if you have fat on your chest, no amount of lifting will fix that. To lose fat you have to cardio and diet right. thats the only way, lifting weights will make body parts bigger, thus making them stick are further.

you need to do Decline bench if you are trying to firm up the lower part of your chest. different people store fat in different places. your fat storing place sounds like its the stomach and chest. just keep working hard and do lots of cardio,
                  Thanks, that's a big help. I'll try the decline bench.

And Brian, that vid is hilarious! (and helpful)

I don't have a medical condition, I don't think... it's not a disorder... just a flabby topside.

Comment

Originally posted by re0430
                    Just a few general things...

Remember that you can't spot reduce. If you want to lose the fat in your chest, you'll have to keep shedding overall bodyfat. The same goes for all areas of your body.

As far as development of the lower portion of the pecs, you'll have to do motions that mimic a pushing movement in a downward direction. The best standard exercises for this are decline bench press and dips (weighted or unweighted). Since you don't go to a gym, you can try placing your legs on a bench and walking out in a pushup position and going from there.

The best way to tell whether you'll always have these things is to know your bodyfat percentage. If its still rather high, you can always work on dropping your overall bodyfat. If its on the lower side, you may also want to look at gynecomastia. I'm not saying that its definite, but maybe possible.

Regardless, congratulations on losing the weight! Keep up the good work and stay healthy.
                    Thanks!

Yeah, I still have more weight to lose. With the current state of my muscularity, I could probably drop another 15, maybe even 20lbs. I don't have all that much muscle at the moment, and 165-170 wouldn't be a bad weight as I am. I don't mind being heavier, as long as it's muscle!

I'm keeping up with my current routine. I'll never eat later than 9pm. I stay away from fast food (usually... ) I do enjoy a beer or soda from time to time, but I never overdo it, and it's never more than a day or two a week. I drink lots of water.

I'll have to work on the decline. That sounds to be the easiest and most accessible way to target that area. The paunch and lovehandles will fall off as I shed weight the way I've been doing it.

Comment

im 5' 8" and i weigh 204........but i also bench press 350 and sqaut 865 lol. People consider me to have man boobies too.....

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Thanks!

Yeah, I still have more weight to lose. With the current state of my muscularity, I could probably drop another 15, maybe even 20lbs. I don't have all that much muscle at the moment, and 165-170 wouldn't be a bad weight as I am. I don't mind being heavier, as long as it's muscle!

I'm keeping up with my current routine. I'll never eat later than 9pm. I stay away from fast food (usually... ) I do enjoy a beer or soda from time to time, but I never overdo it, and it's never more than a day or two a week. I drink lots of water.

I'll have to work on the decline. That sounds to be the easiest and most accessible way to target that area. The paunch and lovehandles will fall off as I shed weight the way I've been doing it.

eating late is a myth btw. your body doesnt have a scheduled time of when it decides to burn calories. eat as late as you want, as long as its healthy, but every meal should be healthy. to burn fat, you have to up your motab, by eating small meals through out the day. start drinking a protein shake before you go to bed, gives your body something to feed your muscles while you sleep
                        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

eating late is a myth btw. your body doesnt have a scheduled time of when it decides to burn calories. eat as late as you want, as long as its healthy, but every meal should be healthy. to burn fat, you have to up your motab, by eating small meals through out the day. start drinking a protein shake before you go to bed, gives your body something to feed your muscles while you sleep
                          How can that be a myth when its just seems like common sense to me. If i eat a piece of chicken at 10 and then go to bed at 10:30 my body will only burn off the calories that it uses to fuel the body during sleep. but if i were to eat at 7 and not go to bed until 10:30 my body will burn off more calories because it will take more energy to fuel my body while its awake.
                          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i feel your pain man... i'm 5'6" and around 150lbs... i'm pretty skinny... but since my old lady got prego I ate when she ate to make her feel better... now she's not prego anymore so she doesn't eat as much... but i still do.. now I have a beer belly and starting to get man boobies... I keep telling myself I'm going to get back in shape... but those mc donalds double cheeseburgers are so damn good... Good luck bud...

Kenny
                            Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

The only thing I did consistently was not eat after 9. Everything else was fairly sporadic. If it's a myth, then the minimal effort I put in REALLY paid off! That's encouraging!

Well, I did eat better stuff regularly, drink more water, if I had to have a soda, diet was my choice...

Comment

Working...
                              X