Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, it looks as if I'll be spending the summer rebuilding the 3800...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks as if I'll be spending the summer rebuilding the 3800...

Yep... My GTP blew out just about ever major gasket on the engine... other than the head gasket. Valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gasket, and oil pan gasket are shot. The mechanic I had look at it is quite certain that the rear main seal might be done for as well.

So, the engine is coming out. As soon as the hatchback is swapped and drivable, the GTP is going under the knife. I know I drove it for a long day with low oil (old oil at that!) since it was empty, and the puddle on the ground wasn't all that big. I don't know what sort of damage was done to the insides. I'm contemplating just replacing everything with forged goodies while it's out, slapping on a small pulley, cam, and a tuned ECU and just beast it out. With forged internals, I can run high boost... with high boost, I can run low 12s or even dip into the 11s.

The CB7, even in its current VERY sorry state, has NEVER truly failed me. I have failed it on numerous occasions (like letting it get stuck in the mud...) but it has always been true to me. That car is my friend. I'm sorry to say that it is probably going to have to take a back seat to the other two cars until it gets its justified attention. I want to do it, and I want to do it right. However, it's the best car I have. The best car I have ever had. I need a car that I can trust, and my CB7 is it. It's going to help me nurse my other two cars back to life, bigger, better, badder than ever before... then I will put it down and give it the build of its life!

So, depending on what it entails... I may have a built GTP sometime this summer. Time to find that second job.

Sounds like that GTP is gonna be BEEFY. Be sure to set aside some of that second job money for front tires.
    MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
    Originally posted by deevergote
    i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

goodLuck Deev

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Deeve your priorities are all out of whack, you should put the cb first and park that gas guzzler for sale.

Then buy a smart car or even a ford fiesta. HAHA

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Your plans sound really good Deev.

I hope you are able to give the Accord "it the build of its life!". I would really like to see this happen.

But, on the other hand I also want to know what that GTP can do too....
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se
            Deeve your priorities are all out of whack, you should put the cb first and park that gas guzzler for sale.

Then buy a smart car or even a ford fiesta. HAHA
            I owe about $9000 on it. I could MAYBE sell it for $5000 as it currently sits. If I'm going to chuck $4000 out the window, I'm going to do it on performance parts and keep my gas guzzler! I know guys that run 12s in those things that get 23-30mpg. I hope I can do the same They aren't bad if you drive with a light foot.

I couldn't get a small, shitty car... I drive 300 miles a day, 3 days a week (at least... this week might be 5). I'd kill myself if I had to do that in a car I didn't like! The GTP is nice when it's working, and when the suspension isn't shot. The stereo is really nice!

The CB7 will DEFINITELY get built in time. I never plan on parting with that car, or this site... That's why I'm not so sad to put it on the back burner again. I know it's going to hold up for me... it always has. I need a car that will be there for me, and the CB7 is that car. The GTP, which I got for that purpose, certainly isn't pulling it's massive weight, so the CB7 has to step up and do the work!

At least I'll get 28mpg or so at work now instead of 20.

I haven't looked into what it'll cost to beef up the GTP yet... so I may not do it... but if I do, it will be good

Comment

nice mike.....but with gas prices man..i wouldnt build that gtp. shit im already having a hard time with my lude lol.

when gas reaches 5 bucks im going to consider dropping an F22 (yes a single cam) onto the bb6. since it will save me gas in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                nice mike.....but with gas prices man..i wouldnt build that gtp. shit im already having a hard time with my lude lol.

when gas reaches 5 bucks im going to consider dropping an F22 (yes a single cam) onto the bb6. since it will save me gas in the long run.
                The GTP can knock 2 seconds of it's quarter mile time and get BETTER gas mileage from what I've learned on clubgp. It just takes self control!

Also, my H22 gets better gas mileage than my F22 did, or the F22s of many of my friends. Don't swap... tune that sucker!

Comment

WHAAAA!? GASP.....a GTP over a CB7? and you're the founder and CEO of CB7tuner lol

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Sad to say but i would put a stock motor in the GTP and sell it.

Get something more reliable, you do alot of driving man.

Something like a 2002 6th gen accord SE

Comment

Just read ur post and didnt know you owed that much...ouuch

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        The GTP can knock 2 seconds of it's quarter mile time and get BETTER gas mileage from what I've learned on clubgp. It just takes self control!

Also, my H22 gets better gas mileage than my F22 did, or the F22s of many of my friends. Don't swap... tune that sucker!
                        really? damn....i think im just better off swapping an f22 tranny instead. see how that does on my gas milage for the H. lower rpm = less fuel consumption on the freeway. (which i mainly drive on)

Comment

I didn't know you owed so much on the gtp, I would hate to rebuild an engine for a car I am already making monthly payments for.

Well since you have to shell out the money to fix it then, I see your point.
                          Last edited by laz93se; 06-03-2008, 12:24 AM.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

that sucks man. it makes me worried about my dad's Impala. it has that same 3800 series, just N/A. i seriously hope nothing goes wrong with it like this.
                            Originally posted by deevergote.
                            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

i say concentrate on the CB

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                              X