Daddy's Escalade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daddy's Escalade

my dad has been making quite a bit of money lately and he is really bad with money so right when he gets it he goes out and spends it....my step mom drives a 95 jeep grand cherokee and shes had it for a while so i guess my dad thought she was in line for a new car. he went out and bought her a brand new 03 black escalade for about $48k off the lot. it has the *** 17's on it right now but my dads looking to get some 20's, he doesnt want to go bigger cause its gonna be a daily driver and not some rich 18 year old who wants to show off with $10k spinners. any suggestions on the wheels? my step mom wants some *** one, i dont know to describe em, they are basically a 10 spoke but the spokes are twirled. the ride is fucking phat though, that thing moves (345 hp, 380 tq). i think i saw it run a 7.1 / 15.2 or something but im not sure of those times. they said i can use it pretty much whenever i want too, and that i will get it when i graduate from college, if its still there and hasnt gotten reposessed like his last car (00 gs300, saweeeeeeeet)

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

im saying that 20's will ride better than 24's or 26's because the tires will be 50 or 55 series instead of 35 or 40. i think that the overall look is GREATLY improved with a nice set of wheels, and yes they will be chrome. on a huge escalade they wont even look too big, i couldnt even tell that the new dodge rams had 20's on em, they look like 17's-18's.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      i know, but a 20" tire rides like a 20" tire.....anything lower profile than 60 series isn't designed with ride quality as a priority, more like a secondary quality at best, sometimes worse.......i know my mother would bitch about the way they'd ride.......and most places won't mount 20" tires or can't because they're so easy to scratch without a european tire machine......we had one, but only one other shop within 40 miles did, out of maybe 50 shops total.....they don't look too big or anything, because it's already a 4500lb vehicle, or bigger......24" would be overkill though....they NEVER ride very good......even tractor trailers with large tires that have large sidewalls will still ride rough as hell.....6 ply tires are just harder.....but if i had to choose, i've seen SUV's with wheels that were chrome, fat 5 or 6 spoke, and a raised centercap that were simple, easy to clean, but not super heavy and still very "bling"........i would stick to something like that.....i can't stand the way those 30 spoke twisty things look, or fake rivets around the edge and a lot of "wheel" in the middle.....just look like too much
      im gonna try to talk my dad into getting centerline wheels...they arent that expensive, are really fucking light, give you better gas milage, more hp, and are faster. they look pretty badass too. it's all up to my step mom though, her car, her choice

Comment

most centerline wheels are polished aluminum instead of chrome......IMO, polished aluminum looks better......so much chrome around, nice, well polished aluminum wheels stand out......that would look cool...still very shiny, but you don't have to worry about them chipping or fading, which even the best one's will if the wrong chemicals come in contact with them
        very good points....do you know offhand what kinda shit would strip the chrome off a wheel? probly like salt in the winter of course, but my parents wouldnt be stupid enough to leave em on during the winter. thanx for the quick responses

Comment

actually, some "chrome approved" wheel cleaners will do it....the type of chrome process used matters, but i saw a guy pay $800 per wheel for some 19" chrome rims......used a cleaner suggested to him by a friend who had always used it, and next thing you know, his chrome was bluish and eventually peeled......nothing anyone could do....he just had them dipped and never went that route again...soap and water is easiest, or even shampoo....low detergent when compared with some cleansers....
          that suuuuucks ass. i saw some davin chrome 20's on ebay the other day going for like 12.5 g's with carbon fiber inserts specially made for like amg sl's or somethin, those things were the shit. could you just use like meguiars car wash on the wheels?

Comment

I still have yet to see this car. I hope I can see it before it gets repoed. Just joking.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Working...
            X