Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pic of my Broken rocker arm and need REPAIR HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic of my Broken rocker arm and need REPAIR HELP!

if i drill a hole the size of the rocker arm tube through my timing belt pulley so i can pull it through will it mess the balance of my timing belt pully up?
    ]

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037

if i drill a hole the size of the rocker arm tube through my timing belt pulley so i can pull it through will it mess the balance of my timing belt pully up?
    Not to be a dick but is Off Topic the new "other automotive" now?

Why dont you ask the question there to get best responses?

I just wanna lounge here...

Comment

that head is dirty!
      wat?

Comment

You could always do it the right way.
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
          You could always do it the right way.

lol i dont want to spend the time taking off the cyl head when im selling it.
          ]

Comment

What have the BMW forums said? Their advice is probably better than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
              What have the BMW forums said? Their advice is probably better than ours.
              i wouldn't dare ask them, they all have there head up there asses and wouldn't have a clue as they pay mechanics to do the dirty work.
              ]

Comment

lol i dont want to spend the time taking off the cyl head when im selling it.
                Then dont fix it.

Actually, do it your way. Drill a hole in your pulley and see if the reduced weight on one side of the spinning object throws it off balance. While youre at it, dump a gallon of milk into your crank case, because thats another similarly brilliant idea.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Then dont fix it.

Actually, do it your way. Drill a hole in your pulley and see if the reduced weight on one side of the spinning object throws it off balance. While youre at it, dump a gallon of milk into your crank case, because thats another similarly brilliant idea.
                  God I love you. If you were a woman I'd ask you to have my babies.

- Rob -
                  92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                  85 Toyota 4Runner
                  1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                  2008 HD 1200N
                  2009 HD 883N

Comment

Pulleys are specifically balanced do not drill a hole in it. Do the repair properly or sell the car "as is" needing repair.

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                      God I love you. If you were a woman I'd ask you to have my babies.
                      Fuck that. Youre having mine.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

Fuck that. Youre having mine.
                        Only if you'll cuddle with me after......

- Rob -
                        92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                        85 Toyota 4Runner
                        1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                        2008 HD 1200N
                        2009 HD 883N

Comment

i wouldn't dare ask them, they all have there head up there asses and wouldn't have a clue as they pay mechanics to do the dirty work.
                          I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

bimmerforums.com has some of the most knowledgeable DIY mechanics on the internet.

As for the rocker arm, don't be lazy. If you don't remove it the proper way you are going to wreck something for sure. Be a man and take the head off.

OR

Those M20's are cheaper than shit, find a complete, one plunk it in and be on your way. Either way none of the solutions are total cake walks but meh, It is your car so handle it anyway you want too.

Oh yeah and for ease, you don't have to rip off the intake manifold to take the head off, just drink some Redbull before you pull it off all together

Comment

looks like the pulley was a spoked pulley with a plastic encasing, i just snapped the plastic off it was very brittle.

now im slowly pulling the shit out.
                            ]

Comment

i just did one of those heads. you'll need to take the entire head off. we have a device that we place on the cylinder head and threaded rod goes through cylinder head bolts. there are things that press on the rockarms and release the tension from the camshaft and valve springs.

take the cam out and knock the shafts out.

btw, lmk if you need a rocker arm.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X