CB7 or MR2....Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 or MR2....Again

I know I had a thread like this a long time ago and im bringing it back up. I have a 5spd 1986 Toyota MR2 with a blown engine.

For those who dont know what they are it is a Rear Engine, Rear wheel Drive, 5spd....Not the best looking car but deffinaltely differnet. If I were to build it up I would do major body modifications including body kit, wider fender flares and a lot more, along with molding the body kit to make the car a bit rounder and nicer looking.

So I was thinking of selling my CB for about 2000 if I can and buy a 3rd gen 3sgte motor to put in the MR2, all the swap would require is 2 new custom fabbed mounts, wiring and a bit more of liitle stuff. The 3rd gen 3sgte is a turbo charged 16 valve 4cyl. putting out 260 crank hp...That much power in a 2300lb car? The entire swap would run about 3 grand total...

The MR2 has a bit more potential than the Accord but the CB has a back seat which does come in handy were as the mr2 is only 2 seats. Although I never use the back seat other than for well you know what...

The mr2 can make 350WHP on stock internals for under 4000 including the swap...The CB on the other hand would require a build up for that type of power...

I just dont know anymore....Please leave comments on what you guys think...
    MR2 with a 3sgte swap
    50.00%
    CB7 with an H22 swap
    41.67%
    Sell both cars and save a few grand over the summer, and buy another car, but which car?
    8.33%

it all depends on what you really want..

see i'm sick of driving a single cab truck. (the equivalent to the 2seater mr2). not enough space at all. i'd love to have a sedan again, or just a car in general. depends if you want to sacrifice the space for the speed.

Comment

Or I could go with the 4age silvertop which is a complete bolt on...the only problems would be rerouting the coolant lines, making a custom fuel line, and redoing the wiring...The entire swap would be about $1200 for everything which would give me the money left over to do the body work, and any other mods.

The 4age silvertop puts out about 160 crank hp...

Comment

come on... Rear wheel rear engine, how many people want to convert their cars to rear wheel.

Comment

RWD>FWD anyday. Especially a Mid-engine RWD car

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
            I know I had a thread like this a long time ago and im bringing it back up. I have a 5spd 1986 Toyota MR2 with a blown engine.

For those who dont know what they are it is a Rear Engine, Rear wheel Drive, 5spd....Not the best looking car but deffinaltely differnet. If I were to build it up I would do major body modifications including body kit, wider fender flares and a lot more, along with molding the body kit to make the car a bit rounder and nicer looking.

So I was thinking of selling my CB for about 2000 if I can and buy a 3rd gen 3sgte motor to put in the MR2, all the swap would require is 2 new custom fabbed mounts, wiring and a bit more of liitle stuff. The 3rd gen 3sgte is a turbo charged 16 valve 4cyl. putting out 260 crank hp...That much power in a 2300lb car? The entire swap would run about 3 grand total...

The MR2 has a bit more potential than the Accord but the CB has a back seat which does come in handy were as the mr2 is only 2 seats. Although I never use the back seat other than for well you know what...

The mr2 can make 350WHP on stock internals for under 4000 including the swap...The CB on the other hand would require a build up for that type of power...

I just dont know anymore....Please leave comments on what you guys think...
            H22 only needs pistons to make a reliable 350whp, with plenty of area under the curve, and loads of top end (depending on turbo)
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Come on guys I need more oppinions...

The mr2 doesnt have mch space but I dont really need the space. I dont even use the space in my cb now...

Comment

the mr2 are nice smal cars and hell it saves a lot of parking spaces i see them all day long since i work for toyota but ther newer ones have convertables and simi auto

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                Come on guys I need more oppinions...

The mr2 doesnt have mch space but I dont really need the space. I dont even use the space in my cb now...
                Head light service and grill service avable PM me for info for head lights most year and make. i now do valve covers

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < )

Comment

Sounds like your mind is made up..LOL.Physics says RWD> FWD most apps. I dunno much bout MRs, but with a cb you can do it all. Build it up to handle with an E36, swap/power options are many, still have room for four, nobody respects it so they dont expect it, and they look good

Comment

When summer starts I will either be selling my car to put the money in the MR2 or save money up from work to put into the CB....

Or sell the CB and the MR2 if I can and save money up from work...And buy a car with greater potential. I was thinking a 240sx also But Im not sure. Isnt somone selling a 240 on here?

Comment

mr2s are pretty sweet...i had a 95 celica with a 3sgte swap in it... that thing hauled ass...the cb7 is my first ever honda... and im in love with it... they are very reliable cars...it all depends on what you want but then if u get the MR2 your going to miss the cb7... your gonna be heartbroken... thats my IMO
                      The most influential people have influential friends i have none but peer pressure!!!

Comment

white integ with front conversion

Comment

MR2......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

The MR2 is a fun little car. I looked into getting one myself. They have lots of potential, and that kinda power to the rear wheels, with the engine sitting on them, is kickass.

However, the CB7 is MUCH more practical!

I say keep both and get a second job.

Comment

yozers, i had this SAME situation a few weeks ago,- sell the cb, buy a 1993 mr2... go for it, get the mr2. such a more baller car than the CB... .but, i ended up buying a bike.... so whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X